PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Recommend a Good Coach in NYC?

Solek
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
i'm 28 around 3.0 or 3.5. I've been playing for about 2 years. I 've had a decent coach for that whole time. One lesson a week. I feel though I might have hit a wall. I'd like a different coach to give me a different perspective on all aspects of my game. :twisted:

Mr.Brightside
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
there are tons.

just go to any club and you'll find a teaching pro.

Solek
11-14-2009, 05:50 AM
Any specific suggestions? What club has a good pro? Also with decent rates..:shock:

GuyClinch
11-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Decent rates in the city? Umm no. I know a guy who is working in Cobble Hill I like. That being said I only see him a couple times a year.

Solek
11-14-2009, 10:31 AM
where does this guy in cobble hill teach? I was also thinking about trying the National Tennis Center. Any thoughts about the pros there? :confused:

GuyClinch
11-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Robbie Rowe - He is teaching at the NYSC in Cobble Hill - said he would charge me $74 dollars which isn't bad - and I am not a member.

tennisrobnyc@yahoo.com is his email. He went to Bolleteri academy as a HS kid and played college tennis. I personally think he does a nice job with the serve.

Of course people's opinions of tennis coaches vary. He teaches a more Agassi style forehand - well at least he taught that one to me. He has a nice forehand though IMHO. But I really like his serve. He is a big tall guy like me - and I think that helps.

I liked some other coaches in the city - but they can cost - am I am not kidding $140 dollars in Manhattan proper (indoors). That's just too rich for me.

Pete

Solek
11-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the contact.... He's doesnt seem to be getting back to me... Any other suggestions?