PDA

View Full Version : Benneteau cried after beating Federer

MuseFan
11-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Dude... 2nd round of a Masters event. It's not THAT big of a deal. Especially if you have half a clue and know that Federer is at his WORST at Paris indoors!

Cesc Fabregas
11-13-2009, 12:58 AM
No, he was crying because he realised his parking ticket had expired.

MuseFan
11-13-2009, 01:00 AM
and yet Benneteau doesn't get slammed for crying like a sissy, but Fed does after crying in AO after losing the FINAL to Rafa for 3rd straight time!

namelessone
11-13-2009, 01:06 AM
I read somewhere that Bennetteau said: "I've beat Federer,now I can finally retire". He's probably not retiring but you can tell it meant a lot to him.

Telepatic
11-13-2009, 01:07 AM
He was crying because he was bleeding.

Andres
11-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Dude... 2nd round of a Masters event. It's not THAT big of a deal. Especially if you have half a clue and know that Federer is at his WORST at Paris indoors!
He defeated a #1 for the first time in his career, in front of his homecrowd, after losing the first set. For a guy never ranked higher than #33, YES, it is THAT big of a deal.

I think doing it in France made it better.

Baikalic
11-13-2009, 03:46 AM
He defeated a #1 for the first time in his career, in front of his homecrowd, after losing the first set. For a guy never ranked higher than #33, YES, it is THAT big of a deal.

^^This, it was a great moment for him, and a great moment for the French fans.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-13-2009, 04:18 AM
He was crying because he was bleeding.

Bleeding out of his meat curtains.:twisted:

SourStraws
11-13-2009, 04:46 AM
A winning against the #1 player in the world is a win no matter how he's playing...It's probably one of the greatest feats he'll ever accomplish in his career.

S.S.

sureshs
11-13-2009, 05:10 AM
He was crying because he knew Federer's career was over.

Gorecki
11-13-2009, 05:38 AM

so... how many times have you reached the third round of a ATP masters in your hometown while beating the number one player in the atp rankings who happens to be a GOAT contender?

featherlight
11-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Bleeding out of his meat curtains.:twisted:

Actually, his knee was really bleeding. I think it scrapped the floor too hard when he celebrated his win.

malakas
11-13-2009, 05:52 AM
what do you expect?He's french!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anaconda
11-13-2009, 06:04 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

At least he didn't do the 'french thing' and run away, he faced his fears. And won

malakas
11-13-2009, 06:07 AM
At least he didn't do the 'french thing' and run away, he faced his fears. And won

Very suprising considering he was french!!

But of course against sissy mentalmidget Federer even the French can face their fears and not run away as their genes compell them.

groundbreaker
11-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Great win for the Frenchman. That was like his 'career match' from the way he was playing. He went for broke on a lot of shots, and it paid off.:)

zacinnc78
11-13-2009, 06:11 AM

But of course against sissy mentalmidget Federer even the French can face their fears and not run away as their genes compell them.

i love fed but this was hilariously explained :)

Serendipitous
11-13-2009, 06:15 AM
He was crying because Almagro choked.

TBobLP
11-13-2009, 06:22 AM
thread is useless without vid

zagor
11-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Give the guy a break,he beat #1 and one of the best players ever,it was a very emotional win for him in front of the home crowd.

lawrence
11-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Winning against the GOAT is a good feat.

Loco4Tennis
11-13-2009, 06:37 AM

A winning against the #1 player in the world is a win no matter how he's playing...It's probably one of the greatest feats he'll ever accomplish in his career.

S.S.

i agree here
but also , this is a win agains arguably the GOAT!!!!,,, this win is something unthinkable for most pros.., and to do it while he is still relatively well enough to be finalist in all the tournaments he enters
i dont blame the guy from being extra happy for this win,, i know i would be signing authographs until my hands hurt if that ever happened to me :-)

kishnabe
11-13-2009, 06:37 AM
get a win over federer is tough so it is a great time to cry since he played his best to beat him.

Praetorian
11-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Hmm... so a 2nd tier tennis player cried because of the biggest win of his career. I hope he was happy, and not sympathy tears for Fed losing.

He should have celebrated like a REAL man.... Get drunk, get some hookers, do some big game hunting.... yeah... that's is... LOL

ksbh
11-13-2009, 07:56 AM
He didn't cry at a trophy presentation ceremony and spoil his opponent's moment. Move on!

Haasquet
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Hmm... so a 2nd tier tennis player cried because of the biggest win of his career. I hope he was happy, and not sympathy tears for Fed losing.

He should have celebrated like a REAL man.... Get drunk, get some hookers, do some big game hunting.... yeah... that's is... LOL

Now that's a mighty impressive first post. Welcome.

Mick
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
i am surprised federer didn't get even and cry back :shock:

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 10:22 AM
and yet Benneteau doesn't get slammed for crying like a sissy, but Fed does after crying in AO after losing the FINAL to Rafa for 3rd straight time!

Crying after you win is acceptable. Crying when you are standing with the winner, who is supposed to be enjoying his FIRST ever australian open title, and has to sit there and feel bad for you and comfort you is RUDE.

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 10:22 AM

He defeated the possible GOAT while he was still at number 1. He can tell his grandkids. It's nice I think

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Imagine if Fed cried and ruined the moment for JB

Blinkism
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM

Hilarious!!! :):):)

5 thumbs up, malakas!

~ZoSo~
11-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Crying after you win is acceptable. Crying when you are standing with the winner, who is supposed to be enjoying his FIRST ever australian open title, and has to sit there and feel bad for you and comfort you is RUDE.

Agreed. Excellent post. And lets not forget him ruining johnny macs suit with tears and mucus at wimby 08

mandy01
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
How is it rude? Roger didnt go there with the intent of crying.:-?
It happened and he was sorry for it as he said several times in his interviews later.
He had all the pressure on his shoulders to win that match and it came crashing down sooner than he expected it to.
How is that rude?
Wow..you have some very high standards..time to get off your moral high horse.

flyinghippos101
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Yet another thread on the brink of degenerating into yet another slug-fest between Fed and Nadal fans...

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Look who started it. I'm off this thread.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Of course he did, beating the GOAT is something he can tell his children and grand-children about

Gorecki
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Hilarious!!! :)

5 thumbs up, malakas!

you have 5 thumbs...? :shock::shock::shock:

goran_ace
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
There's no shame in crying after an amazing feat like that. Heck, if I beat Federer I'd probably soil myself.

dwhiteside
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Threads like this really make me want to quit this forum.

slice bh compliment
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Give the guy a break,he beat #1 and one of the best players ever,it was a very emotional win for him in front of the home crowd.

Yes, very emotional. He deserves to let it out.

Agreed, absolutely.

He defeated the possible GOAT while he was still at number 1. He can tell his grandkids. It's nice I think

Yeah, and additionally he'll probably be set for life in terms of job opportunities in the broadcasting field, or tennis management, or with possible coaching/consulting gigs, etc. Tons of cred earned today. Demons faced. Big day for the Benneteau family.

G_T_S
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I wonder if Federer cried when he beat Pistol Pete? I don't know - just asking cuz I know he cries alot.

tacou
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I cried too so what

LiveForever
11-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Agreed. Excellent post. And lets not forget him ruining johnny macs suit with tears and mucus at wimby 08
he did nothing of that sort after wimbledon 2008. please refrain from making up BS. If you wanna play that game, we can also include how your boy Rafa cried like a little b@&#h on Uncle Toni's shoulder after losing Wimbledon 2007. :lol:

Serve_Ace
11-13-2009, 03:31 PM

Edited your post just to troll? Pathetic.

CCNM
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Is this the first time he's beaten Roger? If so, let him be happy. If I beat Fed or Rafa I'd probably stand there with my mouth hanging open in shock. :)

lawrence
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Is this the first time he's beaten Roger? If so, let him be happy. If I beat Fed or Rafa I'd probably stand there with my mouth hanging open in shock. :)

haha, beat Roger or Fed then retire with a win record over them.

MajinX
11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
he was crying because he knew he would lose in the next round.

Blake0
11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
only a handful of players beat GOATs..

deddied
11-13-2009, 10:45 PM

dang dude, let the man have his moment of glory. He beat the number 1 player in front of his home crowd, something he wont do again, and got a way bigger check, etc, etc, etc. Now if that was u, with all the emotions, flashbacks of training, and the screaming crowd, u would tell me u would shoe no emotion???:shock:

Dilettante
11-13-2009, 10:46 PM
thread is useless without vid

Thread is useless without whisky.

tikkimonkey
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
haha, beat Roger or Fed then retire with a win record over them.

Did you mean to say Rafa or Fed?

jwbarrientos
11-14-2009, 05:09 AM

Nothing like making new friends around the world :mrgreen: