PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

klementine79
11-13-2009, 08:56 AM
O.k., sorry for this post. But it does involve a professional tennis player. And I don't really feel comfortable telling anyone else.. except for the anonymity of TT.

Here's the situation:

I live/work here in Greece. 30years old. I'am engaged. At the courts that I play on, here in Athens, I have met a 78 year old swiss lady, who lives 1/2 the year in Greece.

We have become friends recently and she has invited me to her winter house in the Alps for two weeks... The catch is.. she is friends with Roger Federer's wife as they live in the same neighborhood/mountain. Consequently, this very cordial and eccentric 78y.o. has become good friends with Roger.

She promised me skiing and an opportunity to meet the man, the myth, the G.O.A.T.

It is obvious what this lady wants from me just from her body language. I know what you're saying... 'SHE'S 78!!!???'. She used to be a model and looks great even sexy(think Sofia Loren) for her age (she is extremely financially stable and a widow), also plays great tennis for her age... But these thoughts should not cross my mind.

I can't invite my fiance along... I asked her and she has already told me that only I'am invited.

So.... what would you do?

Go for two weeks to Switzerland with a rich, 78 year old ex-model to '???????(i don't even want to think about it)' and meet Federer.

or....

Not risk ruining the rest of my life.

The choice is obvious for me.... NOT TO GO.

but thoughts keep crossing my mind.

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 08:57 AM
This is why I'm never getting married.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 08:59 AM
^ Loneliness is worse than freedom.

RCizzle65
11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Have you thought about discussing it with your wife first?

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Have you thought about discussing it with your wife first?

I could see this backfiring. If he doesn't tell her that the lady likes him, maybe she'd just let him go.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:03 AM
^ I'm engaged not married (might as well be though).... she is in Italy finishing her exams at the university and do not feel comfortable talking about this topic over the phone.

Ripper014
11-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Well since she has only invited you for two weeks it looks like it is a business agreement for her. And if you ask Bill Clinton its only sex... or is that not sex.

Either way I am sure your fiancee would have a different opinion about it... and who is to say Roger will even be in Switzerland those 2 weeks.

I wonder how many other invitations she hands out over the year...

I can check my date book I may have an opening if she is looking for someone to play tennis with.

Camilio Pascual
11-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Go for two weeks to Switzerland with a rich, 78 year old ex-model to '???????(i don't even want to think about it)' and meet Federer.
Maybe the plot is even more convoluted than you think.
Just make sure you don't have to meat Roger.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Well since she has only invited you for two weeks it looks like it is a business agreement for her. And if you ask Bill Clinton its only sex... or is that not sex.

Either way I am sure your fiancee would have a different opinion about it... and who is to say Roger will even be in Switzerland those 2 weeks.

I wonder how many other invitations she hands out over the year...

I can check my date book I may have an opening if she is looking for someone to play tennis with.

She spoke with Roger's wife last week and arranged a dinner at her house to see the twins.

zapvor
11-13-2009, 09:07 AM
i would try to get there and meet Roger first, then you can get sick and leave :D

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 09:08 AM
wow poor roger. he has to have dinner with his wife, twins and some old lady? what a boring life

zapvor
11-13-2009, 09:08 AM
wow poor roger. he has to have dinner with his wife, twins and some old lady? what a boring life

lol you think so?

Messarger
11-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Maybe the plot is even more convoluted than you think.
Just make sure you don't have to meat Roger.

HAHAHAHAHA i dont know if the pun was intended but XD.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Poor Roger? He is a father now... what would you expect?

Anyway, this isn't just some old lady.. she used to be an ex-model and her husband, who passed away, was part owner of a very famous company ( I will not reveal the name of the company as it is also her last name) and guess who the part owner is now?

Messarger
11-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Hmmm.... Wawrinka?

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyway... I have already decided not to go.

What would I tell my fiance???

I would like to have dinner with Roger and go skiing in the Alps.... but I have that annoying trait... a conscience.

It keeps occuppying my thoughts however.

I just wanted to get it out of my head... don't even want to discuss this with my father or brother.

Ripper014
11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
She spoke with Roger's wife last week and arranged a dinner at her house to see the twins.

Are you sure.... I think the Brooklyn Bridge is available again for sale. And with the way the economy is there is also land in Florida cheap.

JoelDali
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Um, great story.

competition
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
As a guy who is engaged myself I would highly recommend you not go on this trip. If you already know she has other intentions then stay away.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:20 AM
^ I know what you're saying. It does seem like a lie... but that's not my problem. I don't really care if anyone believes me.

I just wanted to discuss this issue with people who don't know me.

Neither my friends or family should know about this.

Information is the most powerful weapon. Who knows when this issue could be brought up in the future and used as 'ammo' in a conversation/argument.

GasquetGOAT
11-13-2009, 09:20 AM
is her lastname Nestlé by any chance?

Ledigs
11-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe it's not a romantic invitation

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:23 AM
is her lastname Nestlé by any chance?

No it's not. Good guess though. It has to do with musical instruments.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Maybe it's not a romantic invitation

I wish it wasn't so I could invite my fiance as she has been playing Tennis all her life.

This elderly woman is very forward and at times cold in her remarks and responses. I guess it's the culture/upbringing. But the signals are obvious.

CCNM
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Klementine-I'd stay home with my finacee.

Datacipher
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
You're going to cheat on your fiancee to MEET ROGER FEDERER? MY goodness, you're an ________ and gay. UNREAL, I HOPE this was just a joke.

In YEARS of posting on the internet, this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Fanboyism taken to new extremes...what's next? I had to cheat on my wife to get an autographed picture from Federer's stringer??

topher.juan
11-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Sometimes you have to shag the cougar to meet the goat.
This is one of those sometimes. Do it.

TennisandMusic
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
This is why I'm never getting married.

So you can do it with old widows?

klementine79
11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
You're going to cheat on your fiancee to MEET ROGER FEDERER? MY goodness, you're an ________ and gay. UNREAL, I HOPE this was just a joke.

In YEARS of posting on the internet, this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Fanboyism taken to new extremes...what's next? I had to cheat on my wife to get an autographed picture from Federer's stringer??

I've already taken the decision not to go... in fact I didn't return her call tonight... she wanted to go out for a glass of wine.

She knows my fiance is in Italy (she gave her private greek lessons over the summer) and they're friends.

I just wanted to get-it-off my chest... and see what the boards had to say. I feel better already... Never really considered the option... but it did have a strange habit of getting in my thoughts... especially after she called.

klementine79
11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Sometimes you have to shag the cougar to meet the goat.
This is one of those sometimes. Do it.

It's not just about Roger... This lady paid for a land rover up-front last week... CASH!!!.. Through bank transfer... but still 80,000 euros is alot of money to throw-up front.

She's a rich cougar with good connections.

But no... will not go forward.

kishnabe
11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Do not go it not worth it!!

salsainglesa
11-13-2009, 11:35 PM
i wouldnt marry, and i wouldnt go...

ifyou arethinking of it, you are not commited tothe whole marrying thing, and its just meeting a guy that happens to be RF, someone you certainly idolize, but someone you wouldnt have a friendship with, and the exprience would last little time, even if its a week or a month, it doesnt matter. As for the gettingin the sack to meet you idol, well, skiing seems more exciting and memorable tome!

i wouldnt go for exact same reasons, it just isnt worthwhile.

all in all, i think anything you decide is cool... no right or wrong, only different consequences. not a big deal... marrying doesnt guarantee happiness, or fulfillment, oranyything at all.
every moment is open to an infinite number of possibilities... just act and experience... good luck!!!

OTMPut
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Guess what? By now Roger Federer knows this whole thing and there ain't gonna be any dinner buddy.

rommil
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I've already taken the decision not to go... in fact I didn't return her call tonight... she wanted to go out for a glass of wine.

She knows my fiance is in Italy (she gave her private greek lessons over the summer) and they're friends.

I just wanted to get-it-off my chest... and see what the boards had to say. I feel better already... Never really considered the option... but it did have a strange habit of getting in my thoughts... especially after she called.

Good decision. Now time to make up another different story.

Frankauc
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
do you really care about meeting fed and exchage a couple of meaningless words with him?

i mean......what will it give to you?

i think you should leave your girlfriend if you're even thinking about it

so just do it since it doesnt seem your relation with your girlfriend is important

FELAND123
11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm not the person to ask but I don't think you should go.