PDA

View Full Version : Marin Cilic's Serve motion....

hondas2k
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
He has unique serve motion in modern tennis.
Most of players toss the ball then use lower back to lean over. However, he lean over his lower back then he toss the ball. I guess he trying to generate more spin. It seems like it.

Am I the only one noticed this?

Edstringer13
11-14-2009, 05:29 PM
he'll have some serious problems with his back in the future with that back bending like that.I don't see the point of all of that.Is not that he hits 30 aces a match to justify it,but his serve has impoved latetly as well as his movement on the court.

JennyS
11-14-2009, 05:43 PM
His service motion is hypnotic!

OddJack
11-14-2009, 05:45 PM
He bends so much backwards I wonder how he keeps his balance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6hk-Cj7Kzk

Cup8489
11-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Backbend is for more power.. and his toss is consistent enough to get the job done.

As long as he maintains his flexibility, he won't have too much trouble serving. Same with Djokovic, both men use deep backbends for power. Djokovic won't be able to serve like that at 40.

tennisdad65
11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
he'll have some serious problems with his back in the future with that back bending like that.I don't see the point of all of that.Is not that he hits 30 aces a match to justify it,but his serve has impoved latetly as well as his movement on the court.

I think he has a lot of knee bend.. not so much back bend. But, I agree that he overdoes the knee bend. I think Davydenko, Novak and Murray have much more back bend than Cilic. Cilic's just seems a lot more because of his deep knee bend.

J011yroger
11-15-2009, 04:05 AM
It seems like Cilic keeps his back pretty straight, and uses his legs to point his chest at the toss, unlike the Djo/Edberg spine wrecker.

Thoughts?

J

Andres
11-15-2009, 06:51 AM
It seems like Cilic keeps his back pretty straight, and uses his legs to point his chest at the toss, unlike the Djo/Edberg spine wrecker.

Thoughts?

J
True indeed.
Same thing with Davydenko. Straight back, deep knee bend. They don't arch their backs