PDA

View Full Version : Question for coaches about recruiting younger siblings

Dave Mc
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
If the younger sibling of one of your top scholarship players (current or former) was showing interest in playing for you as well, and their national ranking was equal or better than the older sibling's ranking at that age, would you extend the same scholarship offer again (assuming of course that you had an opening)? Or would you only offer a fraction of that scholarship, because you would assume that the younger sibling is already very interested in playing for the same school, and could be bought at a discount?

TennisTaxi
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
If the younger sibling of one of your top scholarship players (current or former) was showing interest in playing for you as well, and their national ranking was equal or better than the older sibling's ranking at that age, would you extend the same scholarship offer again (assuming of course that you had an opening)? Or would you only offer a fraction of that scholarship, because you would assume that the younger sibling is already very interested in playing for the same school, and could be bought at a discount?

The same offer or I would walk:evil:.....not offering the same is a total lack of respect....if the player is that good, than they could probably get the same offer elsewhere.

cmb
11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I hope a younger sibling would walk the instant a coach trys to low ball him

andfor
11-14-2009, 07:34 AM
The same offer can not necessarily be guaranteed freshman year. If the coach has all or much of his scholarships already given out options he could give players can vary year to year. Some coaches I believe can give a certain level of scholarship for incoming players with the potential for more the next year. That offer for more may than likely to come with conditions.