PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Vimeo quality

TennisandMusic
11-13-2009, 11:34 PM
So here is a video from a couple months back I went through. Thought I would try the new "vimeo plus" after having a regular vimeo account for awhile. Seems better than the youtube HD stuff, not too bad at all.

And yes I know I'm not that good and all, sooooo....I guess I don't need too much instruction. I know where and why I stink. :-P I left in some of the mistakes (or at least one funny one) just because it's more realistic.

Anyway, I like it, might stop using youtube for awhile, the only downside is that this type of account costs money. Don't forget you can "maximize" the window, but it's better to turn scaling off if you do.

http://vimeo.com/7606713

prattle128
11-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Very nice quality video. I'm not sure how different it is between YouTube HD and Vimeo HD, but both seem to definitely get the job done. And considering that I wouldn't want to pay money at all, I think that I would probably use YouTube (not to mention that it's just a lot more popular as well).

Rambler124
11-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Love the quality of vids for sure. I've noticed that Vimeo seems much better than say Youtube in terms of quality in general. Maybe once I start taping strokes I'll use this site.

maverick66
11-14-2009, 02:05 PM
And yes I know I'm not that good and all

The potential is there to be a pretty solid player. A little lazy with the feet but your timing and strokes are pretty good.

and yes the video looks a lot nicer. Especially seems we get a lot of cell phone vids around here.

11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Really nice courts there!

SuperDuy
11-14-2009, 03:48 PM
OP are you using a western grip with the PD?

TennisandMusic
11-14-2009, 05:42 PM
The potential is there to be a pretty solid player. A little lazy with the feet but your timing and strokes are pretty good.

and yes the video looks a lot nicer. Especially seems we get a lot of cell phone vids around here.

Thanks for the comment, I tend to be lazy in general on the court because honestly...I find a hard time caring about playing tennis, even though it's "fun." I'm really not in good shape anymore either.

To answer the poster above me, yeah it's probably pretty western. Around there or semi...I tend to adjust my grip to the racquet I'm using without thinking about it. This was actually the first night I got my PSTGT, and was trying it out. I ended up playing the whole night with it and ditching the PDRGT.