PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Sensation 17 Review

topspin
02-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Very easy to string. Played really well the 1st night, little movement, good combination of power and control and spin. Soft feel but not mushy. Lost a bit of tension and got crisper the 2nd night. Broke tonight. I got about 4 hours out of this string; I normally get at least 10. I play with a C10 Pro, strung at 58.5 lbs, 4.0 level hitting with heavy topsin (hey I gotta live up to my id here, lol) :)

vin
02-23-2004, 04:56 AM
I hit with heavy spin as well and also break multifilaments sooner than my typical 10+ hours. Becuase I like multifilament, I'm giving string savers a try. I currently have them in a set of Sensation 17 on a ROK. I'll let you know how long they last.

Vin

David Pavlich
02-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Sensation has been a popular string for a long time. It plays quite soft and has good feeling. It's biggest drawback is it's lack of holding tension and its low durability, which is a normal sacrifice for a better feeling string.

You might want to try it in 16 gauge to retain the playablility and get a couple more sets out of it.

David

prince
02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
what things did they do to the wilson sensation to come up with the sensation supreme.

i used sensation supreme it on 2 racquets for a friend's tour 90 and both did not last more than 4 hours of play and they broke .

El Diablo
02-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Is the 17 guage worth all that restringing? Seems like so many top pros use 16, you'd think they'd go thinner if it were really worth it. My experience with 17 guage is that it annoys the hell out of me from moving around so much.

David Pavlich
02-23-2004, 06:22 PM
what things did they do to the wilson sensation to come up with the sensation supreme.

i used sensation supreme it on 2 racquets for a friend's tour 90 and both did not last more than 4 hours of play and they broke .

One big difference betweent the two Sensations is Supreme has a different coating. I've never noticed any obvious difference other than that. They are both soft, low durability and don't hold tension well.

FYI, Wilson discontinued Supreme.
David