PDA

View Full Version : name of this serve.

halalula1234
11-15-2009, 06:08 PM
left handed slice serve but done by a right hander what is this serve called? still a slice? or something else?

StuckInMalibu
11-15-2009, 06:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nkDYr9iZw

LeeD
11-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Rightie's reverse slice.
Seen ball almost ALL 4.0 and above players, so no trick there. Server generally falls to his left, allowing the return to a big open forehand side.
Eastern forehand or even SW the preferred grip, but can be hit with Aussie close to conti if the arm is flexible.
Now if the player can combine this with normal wide slice and strong fast up both sides and the middle, they would be confused by having sooo many possible weapons and maybe should be working harder on fewer......

halalula1234
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM
i've been using it a bit but just was confused with the name its nice if i can get it in the middle line more often on the duce side. thx for info everyone

slice bh compliment
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nkDYr9iZw

Hahah, I had a coach do that to me for lefty serves. Then I learned to do it, too. And when the junior players I used to coach would ask me for a little lefty practice, I'd pull that out for a basket or two. Fun stuff.

Hey, was Dmitry wearing his partner's shirt in that clip? A pink tank? Maybe he raided his girlfriend's bag that afternoon.

Nothing like the Hopman Cup for some good clean crossdressing/reverse-serving fun.

SystemicAnomaly
11-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Has anyone been able to develop the right reverse slice with anything more than a mild to moderate lefty spin? As a lefty myself, I enjoy returning against a mild/moderate lefty spin. It's players with an extreme lefty spin (like me) that can be more troublesome.

slice bh compliment
11-16-2009, 03:37 AM
Has anyone been able to develop the right reverse slice with anything more than a mild to moderate lefty spin? As a lefty myself, I enjoy returning against a mild/moderate lefty spin. It's players with an extreme lefty spin (like me) that can be more troublesome.

How extreme? I mean, I've hit a guy in the stomach with it.
How many rpms are you talking?

Oh, and btw, we wouldn't do this to a lefty like you, man (well maybe into your BH and body. We'd stick with the more effective, traditional kicks and slices.

Cup8489
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM

you have trouble with extreme lefty slices? i love playing lefties with that serve (lefty myself) because it just gives me a better return angle. farther off the court i am, more crosscourt i can pull the return.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I call it a screwball just as a baseball pitch. Its a good variation to have.

SystemicAnomaly
11-16-2009, 02:03 PM
you have trouble with extreme lefty slices? i love playing lefties with that serve (lefty myself) because it just gives me a better return angle. farther off the court i am, more crosscourt i can pull the return.

Only on the ad side with some lefty servers, particularly in doubles. Not just slice serves, but well-placed topspin-slices out wide on the ad side. I've played on some courts where there is less that 8 feet of space between the fence and the sideline. A good lefty (or righty) serve out wide can run you into the fence at times on these courts.

Many lefty servers do not bother me at all. The cannot jam me (on the FH side) like some righty servers can.

How extreme? I mean, I've hit a guy in the stomach with it.
How many rpms are you talking?

Oh, and btw, we wouldn't do this to a lefty like you, man (well maybe into your BH and body. We'd stick with the more effective, traditional kicks and slices.

Jamming me on the BH side is not usually very effective since I have a decent BH slice that I can easily employ for body shots. A mean righty spin into the body on my FH side would be more effective (unless I can easily run around it and hit a 2-handed BH or a 1-handed slice BH).

Slazenger07
11-16-2009, 08:31 PM

You wouldnt be pulling mine crosscourt, my slice serve is too nasty.