PDA

View Full Version : Public/Daily Fees in Destin, FL

Molly4006
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi all,

We're spending Thanksgiving week in Destin but staying in our fifth wheel at Henderson Beach State Park rather than a resort. There don't appear to be any public courts in the area, but does anyone know if any of the nearby resorts allow hourly/daily/weekly fees for people who are not guests at their resort?

Thank you for your help and time,
Molly

topsltennis
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey Molly. I'm a pro down here at float between 3 diff. clubs- Watercolor and Seaside which are next door to one another both have public access, but since I don't work in the shop I don't know what the fees are- Seascape which is in the other direction is also open to public play. Watercolor/Seaside are newer and have nicer courts, in fact Watercolor is being resurfaced currently. Just give either of those places a call- good luck.

dbusiness
11-20-2009, 04:16 AM
I don't know anything about these clubs but this is a good link for courts in the Destin area.

http://www.destin-ation.com/tennis.htm

ttbrowne
11-20-2009, 08:33 AM
My wife and I had a terrible time at Sandestin courts. Some charges appeared on the bill that we didn't agree with.

topsltennis
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
My wife and I had a terrible time at Sandestin courts. Some charges appeared on the bill that we didn't agree with.

Sorry to hear that- I was on that staff many years ago under a different director-

topsltennis
11-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't know anything about these clubs but this is a good link for courts in the Destin area.

http://www.destin-ation.com/tennis.htm

There's some really dated info on that site- I see about three places at least that have been shut down for quite some time.

Molly4006
11-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Many thanks - we'll try Watercolor and Seaside. The only other one I noticed was Hidden Dunes; the others were too far or - as noted earlier - closed.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but the remainder of the week looks like perfect tennis weather.

Homey
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I have played at Tops'l and Hidden Dunes. I love Tops'l, but you can only play there if you are staying there.

Call Hidden Dunes and talk to Myke (MiKEE). She will set you up some matches. You can pay to play there and it is reasonable pricing.

Hope this helps.

Molly4006
11-26-2009, 08:47 AM
We played Hidden Dunes this morning, and it was a nice facility. Myke took our reservation yesterday and was in the pro shop this morning.

For our location (Henderson Beach SP), Hidden Dunes, Seascape, and Bluewater Bay were most convenient. Bluewater Bay offers a weekly fee for non-guests.

We did also find a couple of public courts in a park north of the post office off Main Street. Not the greatest, but free.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!