PDA

View Full Version : Fedace finally gets to hit with Stanford players !

atatu
11-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Check it out: http://www.stanforddaily.com/cgi-bin/?p=1036198

I'm just kidding Fed, I am one of your supporters !

jefferson
11-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Haha! That kid Matt Kandeth is from upstate NY, he is a stud. Two time state champ.

tacoben
11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Maybe CAL and Stanford can have their next annual end of season tournament at San Quentin. CAL in their blue colors and Stanford in their red...can be their version of Bloods vs. Crips. Like the annual "Big Game", this one can be called the "Big Lockdown"!:)

competition
11-19-2009, 12:12 PM
great story, thanks for sharing!

T10s747
11-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Haha! That kid Matt Kandeth is from upstate NY, he is a stud. Two time state champ.

Daniel Kreyman, who went to Wake Forest, beat him this year.

10isplayer
11-21-2009, 01:24 PM
^^
fluke result, in the states finals. kandath is the far better player than kreyman and he showed it at kzoo where he beat kreyman easily. 3,1 i think

T10s747
11-22-2009, 11:49 AM
^^
fluke result, in the states finals. kandath is the far better player than kreyman and he showed it at kzoo where he beat kreyman easily. 3,1 i think

Actually 2,3 but nothing fluke about it as it was the finals of the NYS Championships. Tennis is about match ups more than it is about rankings. Guys who come in, (Kreyman, Lipman, Britton, Wong), tend to give Kandath more problems than the run of the mill baseliners.

10isplayer
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I saw the match and kreyman DID NOT win because he was coming in and giving kandath problems. Actually he was just rolling the ball from the back and serving well. I've never seen kandath miss more short forehands in a tournament than he did in that match.

And i'm sorry that i left one game off kreymans tally after kandath gave him a beatdown at kzoo.

jefferson
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I was there the first few days, Kreyman had a great week. Really played well. I would not call it a fluke, but I would say that Kandeth wins 19 out of 20 times. I can also say that i was shocked by the result.

Chopin
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I've hit with Kandeth before.

stanfordtennis alum
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
I've hit with Kandeth before.

he's a great player and is going to be a good atp player one day

Chopin
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM

He was quite young when I hit with him and at the time he was just very consistent--I had no idea he'd become such a good player.

As for him having success as an ATP pro, it's obviously too early to say.

Fedace
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM

Lets get serious and not put too much expectations on Kandath. He is a good player but i can't see that he is anymore talented than Clayton. and see what a tough time Clayton was having in the Futures.... Tour is tough and very few make it. I haven't seen any JP Mcenroes as of late.....

Fedace
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Check it out: http://www.stanforddaily.com/cgi-bin/?p=1036198

I'm just kidding Fed, I am one of your supporters !

and Greg Hirshman almost had an accident in his pants as they were driving into the prison court. I wonder if there were any Ex college players in the prison ???:)

Fedace
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM

I think the saying goes "Lets not fry the eggs before they hatch".....if you know what i mean...

West Coast Ace
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM
As for him having success as an ATP pro, it's obviously too early to say.Thank you for stating the obvious (although your sig is sad). NCAA results aren't much of a barometer in judging future ATP glory.

Chopin
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you for stating the obvious (although your sig is sad). NCAA results aren't much of a barometer in judging future ATP glory.

I was responding to someone who said he'd be a good ATP pro.

Why is my signature sad?

T10s747
11-23-2009, 08:16 PM

No way Jose. He will be a fine college player but IMO he is too slow to make it on the tour. He doesn't have the quick twitch muscles.

Chopin
11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Considering hardly anyone in the world makes on the ATP pro and this kid is just starting college tennis--I think we should just forget this pro discussion for now.

T10s747
11-24-2009, 08:01 AM
It is easier to predict who can't make it due to athletic limitations than it is to predict who can make it due to athletic prowess.

Pistol Pete
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I beat kandath last summer

Fedace
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I beat kandath last summer

Who are you and what tournament ??

nethawkwenatchee
11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
I saw a T.V documentary that had some tennis players inside prison (I think it may have been S.Q) Anyway, they had some 4.0-4.5 players.

Fedace
11-25-2009, 04:56 AM
I saw a T.V documentary that had some tennis players inside prison (I think it may have been S.Q) Anyway, they had some 4.0-4.5 players.

Yes there are some USTA 4.5 players in there. but i don't think they can play in the league since they are not allowed to go to other clubs. all the matches have to be home matches....
and all these guys look like Rafa Nadal from pumping all those weights...

Pistol Pete
11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
I played him at the Pilot Penn Pre Qualies...We also played doubs together and won it.
He is a good guy...2 hands of both sides is a little weird...but he loves pace...if you slow it down and wait for the right shot you can give yourself a good chance!

Fedace
11-25-2009, 06:10 PM
I played him at the Pilot Penn Pre Qualies...We also played doubs together and won it.
He is a good guy...2 hands of both sides is a little weird...but he loves pace...if you slow it down and wait for the right shot you can give yourself a good chance!

You won the Pilot Penn doubles tournament ??

Pistol Pete
11-25-2009, 07:24 PM
The pre qualies Kandath and I did

Fedace
11-25-2009, 07:28 PM
The pre qualies Kandath and I did

I see, that is a good win, Congrats. I saw Kandath play briefly and saw some powerful groundies off both wings. but in the long run, i think the double fisted shots from both sides will limit his success in the ATP tour. Speed and reach is premium in the tour and having 2 handers on both sides just limits your reach way too much...:???:

nocab
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
The University of Texas's #1 singles player Dimitar Kutrovsky plays two hands on both sides. He recently made the finals of a local $15,000 futures event and is ranked in the NCAA top 10. I don't think he'll really make it as a pro in the long run but I bet he could float around the futures events for a little while. Just shows you where a two handed forehand can get you.

CTennis11
11-26-2009, 05:36 AM
The University of Texas's #1 singles player Dimitar Kutrovsky plays two hands on both sides. He recently made the finals of a local $15,000 futures event and is ranked in the NCAA top 10. I don't think he'll really make it as a pro in the long run but I bet he could float around the futures events for a little while. Just shows you where a two handed forehand can get you.

Don't forget the legend of Santoro either...Although I don't think his game is built too much on power