PDA

View Full Version : Question about air halls...

gzhpcu
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
In winter, I play mostly in fixed tennis halls, avoiding air balloon halls, since I do not like the hot/cold air fluctuations and dampness in many of these halls.

Anybody ever hear of a report that these type of air halls are unhealthy?

SystemicAnomaly
11-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Air halls??? Are you referring to sealed buidlings where the roof is supported by the internal air?

chess9
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
He means the rubberized/plastic bubbles that are kept up by constant air pressure inside. They are popular in Asia and Europe. You don't see them here much.

My thinking on this is that you wouldn't know if the interior was safe without an environmental assessment. All sorts of issues could be involved. Mold, radiation, pcbs, paint giving off toxic fumes, toxic carpeting, ad nauseam.

-Robert

SystemicAnomaly
11-19-2009, 07:20 PM
It's that "ad nauseam" that concerns me. Is it lethal? :twisted:

J011yroger
11-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Bubbles are very popular here on LI.

They have the courts open in the outdoor season, and bubble them in the winter.

Some courts are bubbled year round.

I don't like playing in them, but I go where the free court time is, so gift horse. . . mouth. . .

J

maverick66
11-19-2009, 08:41 PM
My worse fall was in one of these things. They had washed the sides with some chemical and let it drip all over the court. I went to stop and my whole body slid into the wall and i bounced head first into the side. I was ok. My neck hurt like hell but i was ok.

LuckyR
11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't like the sound of hitting the ball in them...