PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Fixed Clamp Machine?

ambro
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
What is a good machine with fixed clamps that I could get for around $350 or so, if there are any that cheap. Otherwise, I will be just getting the ATS SS II.

Gaines Hillix
04-11-2004, 04:25 PM
The Alpha Pioneer DC and the Gamm Progression II 602 FC would get my vote, but they are a little more than $350. I would avoid any Eagnas machines.

ambro
04-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Both of those are out of my price range... Looks like I'll be getting the ATS SS II. Gaines, do you know the website to get one of those? www.atssports.com doesn't work. Maybe I'll have to just get one of those Gamma X-2.

christian
04-11-2004, 04:42 PM
www.atssports.com works on my computer. I ordered mine off of there about 2 months ago. The shipping was also minimal off this site

ambro
04-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Just tried the site again, and it works. Probably because I didn't use the "www." before, but that usually doesn't make a difference for any other sites. :? Oh well.

drop shot
04-11-2004, 05:19 PM
I can't endorse these machines because I don't know much about them but one guy posted on this forum stating that he bought one and had nothing but positive things to say about it. Click on the link below...hope it helps! Keep us informed on your purchase and how things are going with your new stringer.

http://www.mutualpower.net/smachines.htm

rich s
04-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Here would be my suggestion.

Get the Gamma Progression II 602 with floating clamps. String some racquets, save up some cash and buy the upgraded turntable with the fixed clamps and turn your progression II 602 into a 602FC with the added bonus of metal clamps and quicklock clamp bases.

I would check with Gamma to make sure that the turntable upgrade is still available and will work/is compatible with the Progression 602.

my $.02
rich