PDA

View Full Version : Club Tennis Question

SlapChop
11-21-2009, 06:52 AM
I am 28 and fall semester of 2010 or 2011 I will be attending university (again). Am I eligible to join the club team? What kind of time commitment is involved in a club team? I will have approximately 2 years that I will be attending.

I really wanted to punish myself by obtaining a degree in electrical engineering since I have already had enough fun with my computer science degree.

I am debating about whether or not I should join. I will probably have about a 4.0 rank by then. Will that be a sufficient rank for club play? Depending on how things go with the coach I am going to start using maybe with some hard work I could make 4.5. I just mainly want to have some competitive fun.

Toad
11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
If you are talking about Club Tennis as in Tennis on Campus, then I don't think there are any eligibility requirements. If it is something else, you would have to check with your school (but it is unlikely there will be anything to make you ineligible).

For our Club Tennis team, there are no mandatory practices but the more practices you go to, the more likely you are to play in the matches. Our team has three practices a week...so still not a major time commitment even if you go to all of the practices. Our teams skill ranges from about 3.5's to very good 4.5's, and our team is pretty good...so you would fit right in on many teams.

I would encourage you to go to a few practices at least...if you don't like it, stop going.

Hey, Moe!
11-21-2009, 06:54 PM
If you can fit it in with your studies, go for it! You will be happy for a diversion, a chance to play some competitive tennis, and have a good time.

SlapChop
11-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Tennis on Campus is what I am talking about. I wouldn't have trouble with making a practice or two per week. I just would like to play a little competitive tennis. It seems like a fun program.

NickH87
11-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Sounds fine to me...

Itagaki
11-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Tennis on Campus is what I am talking about. I wouldn't have trouble with making a practice or two per week. I just would like to play a little competitive tennis. It seems like a fun program.

there are no eligibility requirements for Tennis on Campus

a couple of players from Napa Valley that were at the tournament in Stanford last weekend were well beyond the typical college age