PDA

View Full Version : Skin irritation from contact rewetting drops?

Leelord337
11-21-2009, 08:50 PM
i am new to wearing contacts *just for the last 2 weeks* and i noticed after i use the soft contact rewetting drops i noticed the skin around my eye is red, my eyes aren't red at all but the skin around my eye where i missed a little bit w/the drops turned really red...i put some aftershave lotion on it...but yah its worrisome.

any other contact lens wearers have this problem??

jswinf
11-22-2009, 10:28 AM
It's not a real common problem. Don't use too much, 1 drop at a time is a little more than your eye can hold without some overflow. With experience you'll miss your eye less. Possible that some products have ingredients you are sensitive to, might want to try another, Blink Contacts and Aquify are good rewetting drops. Can't see how aftershave would help, isn't that mostly alcohol? Don't get it in or too near your eye.

junbumkim
11-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Hmm, that's interesting.

Try the drop on other parts of your skin like on your arm and see if you get the same reaction.

It may be that you are allergic to some ingredients in the drop like preservatives.

Try other brands or use artificial tears which is different from rewetting drops. I also think there are artificial tears that don't have preservatives at all. They come in a number of small disposable containers that you throw away after using once.