PDA

View Full Version : Nadal already out? Soderling already in?

hlkimfung
11-27-2009, 12:11 AM
sorry not too updated with the news and stats

Assuming Nadal beat Djoker and Soderling beat Davy, Nadal, Djoker and Davy will all be 1-2.
Nadal still got the chance?

Assuming Djoker beat Nadal and Davy beat Soderling, Djoker, Davy and Soderling will all be 2-1, Soderling gurantee to advance?

maybe the set win/loss is already worked out that no matter Nadal beat Djoker 6-0,6-0, result will turn against his favor.

anyone?

BreakPoint
11-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Nadal is already out.

Soderling is already in.

Cody
11-27-2009, 12:15 AM
http://www.saveourlittlevillage.org/files/shared/bigstockphoto_Check_Yes_431128.jpg

Yep Nadal is out and Soda Machine is in.

Cantankersore
11-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Sets wise, even if both Djokovic and Davydenko get double bagelled, they'll be ahead of Nadal. If they both double bagel their opponents, I think they'll both still be behind Söderling.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Soderling has it in his own hands-who he wants to play in the SF-TRUST ME he will do everything to avoid Federer, imo he will have a 50/50 chance with DelPo, with Fed its more like 30/70.

hlkimfung
11-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Sets wise, even if both Djokovic and Davydenko get double bagelled, they'll be ahead of Nadal. If they both double bagel their opponents, I think they'll both still be behind Söderling.

so what determine whether Djoker or Davy advance?

Cantankersore
11-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Winning percentage, then percentage of sets won, then percentage of games won.

Söderling has won 4 sets, lost none. He is 2-0.
Davydenko has won 3 sets, lost 2. He is 1-1.
Djokovic has won 2 sets, lost 3. He is 1-1.
Nadal has not won a set, and has lost 4. He is 0-2.

If Nadal wins he is 1-2 with 2-4 on sets. Both Davydenko and Söderling automatically beat the set and winning record.

If Söderling loses, he is at worst 2-1 and 4-2 on sets.
Djokovic is at best 2-1 with 4-3 on sets, so Söderling advances ahead of him.

BreakPoint
11-27-2009, 12:36 AM
so what determine whether Djoker or Davy advance?
If both Djokovic and Davydenko lose in straight sets, Davydenko advances because he'll be 3-4 in sets, while Djokovic will be 2-5 in sets.

If both Djokovic and Davydenko win in straight sets, Davydenko advances since he'll be 5-2 in sets, while Djokovic will be 4-3 in sets.

Djokovic would have to win in straight sets while Davydenko would have to lose for Djokovic to be insured of getting to the semis.

BreakPoint
11-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Winning percentage, then percentage of sets won, then percentage of games won.

Söderling has won 4 sets, lost none. He is 2-0.
Davydenko has won 3 sets, lost 2. He is 1-1.
Djokovic has won 2 sets, lost 2. He is 1-1.
Nadal has not won a set, and has lost 4. He is 0-2.

If Nadal wins he is 1-2 with 2-4 on sets. Both Davydenko and Söderling automatically beat the set and winning record.

If Söderling loses, he is at worst 2-1 and 4-2 on sets.
Djokovic is at best 2-1 with 4-2 on sets, but even if Söderling gets double bagelled and Djokovic gets double bagelled, I think Söderling still comes ahead of Djokovic on games.
Djokovic has lost 3 sets (he lost a set to Davydenko)

Cantankersore
11-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Djokovic has lost 3 sets (he lost a set to Davydenko)

Thanks, I edited the original.

vive le beau jeu !
11-27-2009, 12:46 AM
sorry not too updated with the news and stats

Assuming Nadal beat Djoker and Soderling beat Davy, Nadal, Djoker and Davy will all be 1-2.
Nadal still got the chance?

Assuming Djoker beat Nadal and Davy beat Soderling, Djoker, Davy and Soderling will all be 2-1, Soderling gurantee to advance?

maybe the set win/loss is already worked out that no matter Nadal beat Djoker 6-0,6-0, result will turn against his favor.

anyone?
not that i want it to happen (i'm very happy that nadal is out, as you know) :) but... in case of withdrawal, he still can go in the SF !

for instance: if davydenko withdraws and nadal beats djokovic...
(let the bookmakers bet on that !!!) :rolleyes:
- if sod beats the alternate (tsonga): tie between el joker and el nadal, both with 1 win, hence determined by H2H
- if tsonga beats the sod: 3 players tied with 1 win, but tsonga would have only played one match, so the tie would be exclusively between the joker and the nadal, hence determined by H2H

i know i know... that's SF.
horror, even.

kOaMaster
11-27-2009, 12:51 AM
according to the rules, we have some complicated standings here in this group too

davydenko 3:2
djokovic 2:3
söderling 4:0
nadal 0:4

if davydenko wins in 2, davydenko will be first, söderling 2nd. no matter whater nole & rafa do. why?
davydenko will be 5-2, söderling 4-2 and djokovic either 4-4 or 4-3, each with 2 wins.

if davydenko wins in 3 and djokovic wins (doesn't matter here again), davydenko will be 5-3 but söderling 5-2, so söderling is first, davydenko 2nd (and djokovic again 3rd if he wins).

-> djokovic needs söderling to win else he has no chance to reach the semis.

it gets more interesting if söderling wins vs davydenko. if he does in straights:
söderling 6-0, ahead of course.
davydenko 3-4.
now if djokovic wins, everything is set. if he loses, three players have one win. nadal defeats djokovic in two:
djokovic 2-5
nadal 2-4
-> davydenko 2nd
in three:
djokovic 3-5 -> again davydenko 2nd
nadal 2-5

now here I don't see a possibility for nadal still to reach the semis. I was already pretty sure about this before but the atp was able to confuse even me!
so the most likely scenario to happen will be davydenko 2nd, söderling 1st

Cantankersore
11-27-2009, 12:51 AM
I think they took H2H out.

hlkimfung
11-27-2009, 12:58 AM
what if Djoker win in straight and Davy win in 3

soderling 5-2
Davy 5-3
Djoker 4-3
Nadal 0-6

Soderling still win the group depsite being lose to Davy?

lawrence
11-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Nadal avoiding Federer on indoor HC again :p

kOaMaster
11-27-2009, 01:12 AM
what if Djoker win in straight and Davy win in 3

soderling 5-2
Davy 5-3
Djoker 4-3
Nadal 0-6

Soderling still win the group depsite being lose to Davy?

yes, because we then have three players with two victories. it makes no sense looking at a h2h if more than two players the same amount of points. davydenko won vs söderling, but söderling vs djokovic and djokovic vs davydenko ;)

so they compare w/l sets with söderling leading.

sureshs
11-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Fed, DP, Soderling in.

Nadal, Murray, Verdasco out.

Djokovic/Davydenko will be the 4th man.