PDA

View Full Version : Pushers Begone!

Defcon
11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
This is turning into an amazing YEC. Both the pushers are out, we will see some proper attacking tennis now. I'm really glad for Davy, maybe he'll get some respect now. And what a year Soderling is having, he's shown his win at FO was no fluke.

Its nice to see offense being rewarded on HC, as it should be.

MuseFan
11-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Yes I agree the semis will rock with pure attacking tennis all the way. No annoying pushing.

Anaconda
11-26-2009, 11:59 PM
If you are refering to Murray and Nadal then you don't know much about pushing. Nadal is a defensive baseliner who doesn't 'push' the ball into play, and actually plays aggressive on the bigger points and usually the opponent is the one defending like a puppet on strings.

Murray on the other hand knows what he has got and what he hasn't got and just plays tactical.

Watch Brad gilbert or gilles simon, heck watch Andy Roddick's matches from last year and then you'll see what pushing is.

Defcon
11-27-2009, 12:10 AM
You do realize Gilbert coached both the Andy's (Roddick and Murray) right?

Murray is a tactical pusher, I'll give you that much. Compared to everyone else there he is a pusher for sure.

And Nadal hasn't played attacking tennis in forever, certainly not in London.

Anaconda
11-27-2009, 12:13 AM
You do realize Gilbert coached both the Andy's (Roddick and Murray) right?

Murray is a tactical pusher, I'll give you that much. Compared to everyone else there he is a pusher for sure.

And Nadal hasn't played attacking tennis in forever, certainly not in London.

Yes i know, but when Gilbert was with A-rod we all know that Roddick wasn't a pusher, far from it.

Murray can play pusher tennis at times and gets punished for it. I managed to watch the 3rd set tiebreak against Nando yesterday and he was just tapping the ball into play - it works against mental midgets like Nando but not against the best.

Nadal is just not playing very well at the moment, he'll be back next year.

namelessone
11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Nadal is not a pusher(though he is starting to turn into one in certain matches after his return) and Murray can play something else but chooses not to. I love both sides(defence and offense) but Murray was ******* me of yesterday when he was basically just putting the ball into play(and with little pace) allowing the headcase Verdasco to self-destroy. Murray should change his game. Say what you will about Nadal's game but the guy has won 6 slams and 15 masters with it whereas Murray has 0 Slams and far fewer slams.

Soderling proved that his FO run was not a fluke by having some good results,not by beating Nadal here. Nadal indoors is way more manageable than on clay and let's be serious for a second,the djoker tanked that second set as soon as he got broken. Djoker knows he has a sure victim in Nadal,so no worries for him. And Djoker looked spent after the first set,the guy played 90+ matches this season so it's only natural that he tanks once in a while. Put Soderling in Federer's group in the place of Verdasco and his odds would have dropped considerably. He might have beat Murray but I doubt he could take Fed and DelPo. Soderling had a lucky draw,davydenko is his pigeon,Nadal sucks on this surface and djoker was dead tired when they met.

I think Soderling could win this if he gets by delpo. Federer isn't what he used to be and he doesn't seem as focused in the middle of the year,Davydenko is his pigeon and even if he meets djoker again,I think Novak's run is ending here,he looks too tired to me. He seems the perfect guy to take djoker's position from last year.

Defcon
11-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I didn't call Nadal a pusher. What I meant is he's playing like one now, due to whatever reasons. Murray always plays like that, I don't care what he's capable of doing.

Delpo vs Soderling should be a real cracker of a match. I think in that one Delpo goes back to his steady play, not hitting 100mph winners the way he does against Fed.

He's the only guy who's a threat to Fed.

batz
11-27-2009, 12:41 AM
I didn't call Nadal a pusher. What I meant is he's playing like one now, due to whatever reasons. Murray always plays like that, I don't care what he's capable of doing.
Delpo vs Soderling should be a real cracker of a match. I think in that one Delpo goes back to his steady play, not hitting 100mph winners the way he does against Fed.

He's the only guy who's a threat to Fed.

Of course he does. He pushed his way past Nadal in the USO 08 semis.

A lazy assertion.

Anaconda
11-27-2009, 01:11 AM
This thread is littered in just absolute fail. What does that make Federer (with losing records over both). Murray plays different when the situation calls for. Nadal plays big on huge points so the match is in his hands.

ReturnWinner
11-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Murray is a junkballer pusher and Nadal both moonballs with his fh and pushes with his bh ;)