PDA

View Full Version : Murray about Rafa's "crisis"

CMM
11-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Q. Do you think Nadal has a small crisis? What do you think about his game now?

ANDY Murray: I'd love to be in his crisis (smiling). You know, everyone in sports, especially individual sports, you know, based on ‑‑ I don't know, since he came back from his injury, you know, he lost to Del Potro I think in Montréal, he lost to Djokovic in the semis in Cincinnati, he lost in the semis of the US Open, you know, he made the final in Shanghai, I think the semis the week before that, and obviously here he didn't play his best tennis, but it's a court that I think is difficult for him.

His results have still been pretty consistent. But it's tough here. Obviously if the surface doesn't suit your game, you're playing against the best players in the world, that if you're not playing your best, there's a chance that you lose. I don't think that Nadal's in any crisis whatsoever.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091127/Andy_Murray_presser_Nov._25,_2009

GasquetGOAT
11-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Nice words from Murray. It's true though Murray was knocked out third round in Paris and 4th at USO while Nadal still made a lot of semis and finals.

jamesblakefan#1
11-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Can Murray get credit for saying something good about Rafa?

No of course not, he's still an annoying twat. ;)

HollerOne5
11-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Yet, Murray is right. Its the same with all sports and professions - when someone reaches the pinnacle (i.e. - Holding 3 slams, #1 ranking, etc) they are expected to continue that or they are in a crisis. Its not like Nadal came back from injury on clay courts, he came back on hardcourts during his least favorite time of the year. Big Deal. He made all semi's and finals.

malakas
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Can Murray get credit for saying something good about Rafa?

No of course not, he's still an annoying twat. ;)

yes he is.

But he can get credit.

edmondsm
11-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Nadal has had this "crisis" every year. Why do people have such short memories?

OddJack
11-27-2009, 09:44 AM
It's Murray who has a crisis. He's audi in London and behind Delpo for a grand and only has few more chances.