PDA

View Full Version : Murray can count himself unlucky

batz
11-27-2009, 04:33 AM
He seems to be only the 4th player in 25 years to go out of the YEC with a 2-1 record.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Really? Thats tough, in front of his homecrowd and all, by a 1 game margin to top it off.
Although imo he should have put up more of a show in front of a crowd that obviously adores him, hes body-language is very negative and he is shouting at himself-when opponents make good shots-seems very unnecessry to me and it is clearly stealing energy from him.

What good does Alex Corretja do for him? :???:

Murray can play fun exciting agressive tennis- I dont get why he doesnt.

batz
11-27-2009, 04:41 AM
Really? Thats tough, in front of his homecrowd and all, by a 1 game margin to top it off.
Although imo he should have put up more of a show in front of a crowd that obviously adores him, hes body-language is very negative and he is shouting at himself-when opponents make good shots-seems very unnecessry to me and it is clearly stealing energy from him.

What good does Alex Corretja do for him? :???:

Murray can play fun exciting agressive tennis- I dont get why he doesnt.

He's stubborn and thinks he knows best. He'll argue it's got him to 2 in the world - but I agree with you - also agree with your other comments.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 04:43 AM
He's stubborn and thinks he knows best. He'll argue it's got him to 2 in the world - but I agree with you - also agree with your other comments.

I see, Yes it took him a long way but Im sure he doesnt wanna stop here?
I LOVE his game when he plays agressively - and I cant watch it when he pushes and hopes for his opponent to make a mistake.

GasquetGOAT
11-27-2009, 05:10 AM
I see, Yes it took him a long way but Im sure he doesnt wanna stop here?
I LOVE his game when he plays agressively - and I cant watch it when he pushes and hopes for his opponent to make a mistake.

He made me a fan after USO 08 but has been disappointing ever since, especially the indian wells match where he lost to Nadal in the final, worst pusher performance of the season.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 05:27 AM
He made me a fan after USO 08 but has been disappointing ever since, especially the indian wells match where he lost to Nadal in the final, worst pusher performance of the season.

Thats gotta be yesterday vs Verdasco though! :shock:

I agree, he has got abig game but i dont understand why he doesnt use it ??

P_Agony
11-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Poor Murray, I wanted him to qualify more than DP, I really wanted to see Murray vs. Djokovic. I guess I'll have to wait for next time.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Poor Murray, I wanted him to qualify more than DP, I really wanted to see Murray vs. Djokovic. I guess I'll have to wait for next time.

I know but he really should finished off Chokedasco in 2 straights, the blame has got to fall on him and nobody else.

batz
11-27-2009, 05:48 AM
I know but he really should finished off Chokedasco in 2 straights, the blame has got to fall on him and nobody else.

It seems he agrees with you:

“It goes down to the percentage of games,” said Murray, who won all three round robin matches last year but lost to Nikolay Davydenko in the semifinals. “The people that go through are the ones that deserve to.”

http://tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=192788

Moose Malloy
11-27-2009, 03:51 PM
He seems to be only the 4th player in 25 years to go out of the YEC with a 2-1 record.

here are the only players who finished the RR portion with a 2-1 record & did not advance to the semis at this event

Gottfried '76
Becker '91
Ferreira '95
Rafter '97
Murray '09
Djokovic '09

also Rusedski was 2-0 in '98 in the RR(replaced an injured player after one match) & did not advance to the semis.

Defcon
11-27-2009, 07:32 PM
He's not unlucky, he fully deserves this. He knew full well going into the Verdasco match that if he won in straights he was through, yet he played his usual defensive pusher game and didn't try to play aggressive.

Max G.
11-27-2009, 07:55 PM
He's not unlucky, he fully deserves this. He knew full well going into the Verdasco match that if he won in straights he was through, yet he played his usual defensive pusher game and didn't try to play aggressive.

Playing aggressive or defensive isn't about winning quicker or slower. Both are ways to win.

Playing BETTER can be done by either playing better aggressively, playing better defensively, or both.