PDA

View Full Version : What does he mean by that???

CMM
11-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Yesterday I was reading Nadal's presser and this part seems very strange to me. And I have to admit that the last 2 sentences made me think about doping. I don't know if it's because I've been reading Drakulie's posts too often.
Please tell me I'm wrong.:(

Q. Do things feel very different at the moment? Obviously, the serve is 110, 111, not 120. Things just seem off.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no, the serve is no problem. No, the problem for my game for sure will not be the serve right now. But, yes, no, I feel a little bit more tired on court than before probably because I didn't have this continuation in this second half or part of the year. When I play a few tough points, I feel more tired to play the next ones. That's very important in this sport, no?
I don't know how far I am from my best. I think the tennis and the sport change like this (snapping fingers). The important thing is, when this change can happen, be ready to do it.

TheMusicLover
11-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I think he's merely hinting at new upcoming players, who will force the current top to adjust their game.

Nothing to be worried about I think, just stating the obvious.

CMM
11-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Since this doesn't look strange to you, I guess I have a problem.
At least it's the end of the season and I can take a break.

All-rounder
11-27-2009, 12:04 PM
I just think nadal is just referring to the atp calendar after all he is the biggest whiner when it comes to schedules

TheTruth
11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Probably because he usually plays such a full schedule to groove his game and those weeks off threw his rhythm off. So, it's one thing to practice, but playing on court with the adrenaline and all, those long points are probably taking its toll, along with the rust.

RelentlessAttack
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
He seems to be contradicting himself constantly. He can't make up his mind whether hes 100% fit or tired and injured...

_maxi
11-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Maybe he means that this year, with the exception of the australian open, the courts have been a little bit faster than 2008. And that isn't helping him.

No, I don't think he said that, but.. it fits, I guess.

TMF
11-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Yesterday I was reading Nadal's presser and this part seems very strange to me. And I have to admit that the last 2 sentences made me think about doping. I don't know if it's because I've been reading Drakulie's posts too often.
Please tell me I'm wrong.:(

Q. Do things feel very different at the moment? Obviously, the serve is 110, 111, not 120. Things just seem off.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no, the serve is no problem. No, the problem for my game for sure will not be the serve right now. But, yes, no, I feel a little bit more tired on court than before probably because I didn't have this continuation in this second half or part of the year. When I play a few tough points, I feel more tired to play the next ones. That's very important in this sport, no?
I don't know how far I am from my best. I think the tennis and the sport change like this (snapping fingers). The important thing is, when this change can happen, be ready to do it.

When will he stop making excuse about being tired. Other players are human too, and they are not complaining about tiredness after a loss. Unless he has asthma or something. Novak played alot of matches this year, have breathing problem, but he doesn't make excuse about being tired after a loss.

I think it's the continuation of playing the best players match after match at RR, which every players was better than him. Playing tough points is tiresome for both players, not just him. Rafa left out the part where he should of said his opponents was better than him.

What's wrong with these reporters? Don't they have any better question to ask than simply the same old question in relating to tiredness.

RelentlessAttack
11-27-2009, 02:40 PM
to be on topic, I think what hes actually referring to with the game changing quickly, is in terms of the character of the season based on the various competitors form. early 08, looked like djokovic was going to dominate and people were saying nadal was finished, but then djokovic faded, federer slumped, and nadal began his 1 year domination. this year, nadal was dominating the field, then all of a sudden federer and soderling beat him and the year turns around. also think about murrays form up and down and how he went from the heavy favorite at a number of slams to a big disappointment. the emergence of a much more dangerous version del potro in the second half of the season is another. list goes on and on