PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods seriously injured in auto accident

RealityPolice
11-27-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/112709-tiger-woods

Strange that no-one else is covering this. Orlando Sentinel also has it.

Now at ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4693657

hollywood9826
11-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Sounds weird. He pulled out of his driveway hit a fire hydrant then hit a tree. Theres no snow in FL so skidding on ice is out. Its 220 AM, and the ESPN article said it was not alchohol related.

I wonder if this has somehting to do with the report I read claiming he was cheating on his wife. Maybe they had a big argument and he stomed out of the house and was so mad he didnt see himself hit that fire hydrant.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
He is cheating on Elin?!

jamesblakefan#1
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
This. Sucks.

It would be a shame if this was the thing that keeps him from the record. Just gotta hope he pulls through okay.

I'm a huge Tiger fan. Don't know quite what to say right now. Damn.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Agree jbf, im a fan of him to. Fantastic athlete.

downs_chris
11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
hmm..."charges in this matter are pending"

i hope he's ok...

GolfDad
11-27-2009, 12:07 PM
The few reports that are there so far said "Seriously injured" or "in serious condition". I hope the reports are wrong.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 12:10 PM
The Swedish media reports that he was not under the influence of alcohol and the speed at impact was very low, the airbags didnt come out.

J011yroger
11-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Hopefully the reports are exaggerated.

J

downs_chris
11-27-2009, 12:12 PM
^^^ Hopefully the reports are exaggerated.

J

i hope they are too...

Ross K
11-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes, we can only hope and pray that his 'serious injuries' aren't too dire...

SuperFly
11-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Great, the next time I see something not Tiger Woods-related on any sports network is next week. :evil:

GolfDad
11-27-2009, 12:14 PM
The Swedish media reports that he was not under the influence of alcohol and the speed at impact was very low, the airbags didnt come out.

One report said he hit a tree in front of his neighbor's home. He couldn't be be going fast after pulling out of his driveway.

jamesblakefan#1
11-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Windemere Florida Mayor just said he's been released from the hospital on CNN.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 12:16 PM
One report said he hit a tree in front of his neighbor's home. He couldn't be be going fast after pulling out of his driveway.

Yes thats the info I got to. Maybe he didnt buckle up yet?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Windemere Florida Mayor just said he's been released from the hospital on CNN.

Released?? So just a few bruises then?

jamesblakefan#1
11-27-2009, 12:17 PM
The Mayor said it was just facial lacerations and nothing that serious, and that he's been released from the hospital. Said this on CNN.

grafselesfan
11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
That is very bad news. Hopefully he is ok and it turns out be to be nothing major. I wouldnt panic unless it is confirmed it is something really major.

Power Player
11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I live 5 miles from there..the whole thing is weird. Just the time of the accident and the delay in the release of the story seems pretty odd.

Ross K
11-27-2009, 12:21 PM
They (the mayor) are saying he has been released and that he has 'facial lacerations'... hmm, is the inference therefore that the injuries are not so terrible afterall?

Ross K
11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Apparently Tiger's agent has said he's 'fine'...???

hollywood9826
11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
The story didnt make sense. Hit a fire hydrant pulling out of his driveway and hit a tree. And he was seriously injured.

I smacked a tree going at least 40MPH head on in my Land Rover. Had a branch come trough the windshield. The only thing that happened was some glass pieces were in my hand and itched really bad for a few days.

Maybe he hit the tree in a funny way that the bags didnt comeout and he busted his head. because if he hit ti head on in an escalade he should have been able to just walk out of it like I did.

downs_chris
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
They (the mayor) are saying he has been released and that he has 'facial lacerations'... hmm, is the inference therefore that the injuries are not so terrible afterall?

maybe he got some glass in his face or something? so maybe he's fine?

jamesblakefan#1
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Apparently Tiger's agent has said he's 'fine'...???

Publicist says it was a minor accident and that he's been treated and released. Phew! :D

Fedace
11-27-2009, 12:41 PM
He is cheating on Elin?!

Why not ?? surely he must have many girlfriends...... i would keep at least 6-7 girls on call if i was him....

Fedace
11-27-2009, 12:42 PM
maybe he got some glass in his face or something? so maybe he's fine?

Lets hope he didn't get any in his eye. Vision is one of the most important things to golfer..

pabletion
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Why not ?? surely he must have many girlfriends...... i would keep at least 6-7 girls on call if i was him....

Id focus on getting that ONE gf first, Feddie......... anyone, anyone would do for a weird fellow like you...................

maddogz32
11-27-2009, 01:19 PM
how fast do you go pulling out of a driveway

Fedace
11-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Id focus on getting that ONE gf first, Feddie......... anyone, anyone would do for a weird fellow like you...................

LOL,,, i can steal away that girl in your avatar,,if i wanted to...

10s talk
11-27-2009, 03:20 PM

It depends on loudly my wife was yelling at me

SoCal10s
11-27-2009, 04:04 PM
years ago people say that him and Michael Jordan and other were having a big orgy on MJ's boat and MJ's wife caught them all.. that's why the divorce,it was supposed to have been a belated bachelor's party for Tiger.. maybe he started to liking asians blood now,after coming back from China .. I can't imagine a young guy like Tiger not fooling around a bit in Asia ..

CanadianChic
11-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Another typical example of the media making a mountain out of a molehill. The way the headlines read, you picture carnage and chaos, the vehicle has rolled several times, leaving his battered body to be cut from the auto by firefighters. Please.

This can be easily summed up. To pull out of your own driveway and hit a hydrant and a tree which I'm sure he was very aware were there (it's not like the devilish neighborhood children moved them on him in the night) either involves speed, drugs or alcohol. The 'injuries' (ie. the cuts on his face) were more than likely caused when the airbag deployed.

Millions of sick and starving people in the world and the media focus is on a golfer's fender bender. NEXT!!!

borg number one
11-27-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/28/wife-aids-woods-after-suv-crash/

Wife aids Woods after SUV crash

By Joseph Weber

Tiger Woods suffered cuts to his face when he crashed his SUV early Friday outside his mansion near Orlando, Fla., and police said his wife helped rescue him by smashing the back window with a golf club.

The PGA Tour star, 33, was alone in his Cadillac Escalade and pulling out of his driveway in the gated Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he hit a fire hydrant and a neighbor's tree.

Woods' spokesman, Glenn Greenspan, said in a statement that the golfer was treated at Health Central Hospital and released in good condition. Greenspan described the accident as "minor." He did not say where Woods was going.

Woods is scheduled to host the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif., beginning Thursday. His agent, Mark Steinberg, said he did not know whether Woods planned to play next week.

Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Kim Montes said the air bags in Woods' SUV didn't deploy and that troopers didn't know what caused Woods to hit the hydrant and the tree.

The patrol said alcohol was not involved, although the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed.

Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor told the Associated Press that officers found Woods lying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him. She told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and "came out and broke the back window with a golf club."

"She supposedly got him out and laid him on the ground," Saylor said. "He was in and out of consciousness when my guys got there."

Woods had lacerations to his upper and lower lips, and he had blood in his mouth, Saylor said.

The chief said Woods was in and out of consciousness when the officers arrived. He said the officers held Woods to the ground and "when he woke up, he tried to get up and lost consciousness."

He said officers treated Woods for 10 minutes until an ambulance arrived. Investigators said they had not yet had the chance to speak to Woods.

"We will ask him everything," spokesman Kim Montes said. "We just haven't had a chance to do so because he was being medically treated."

Officers initially reported Woods' injuries as "serious," a description the patrol later said is standard when a accident victim is taken to the hospital.

raiden031
11-27-2009, 08:49 PM
^^^ I think its funny that his wife used a golf club to rescue him. I mean it must've been pretty easy to find one of those lying around. :)

Bartelby
11-28-2009, 12:57 AM
The other story is that the clubs were used to attack the car after Tiger fled the house after his wife started attacking him as a a result of the National Inquirer article. This caused him to lose control of his car and serious means any injuries that take you to hospital. After all, a slow speed crash does not necessitate bashing in a car window. Interesting!

Ken Honecker
11-28-2009, 01:45 AM
That's the idea I was going to post. I can't imagine the doors being unable to open if the airbags didn't deploy so the only reason I can think of for beating the crap out of the back window was that she wanted to. Also him being in and out of concessness sure doesn't go along with a slight bump against a solid object. Hey she worked him over with a 3 iron!

Blinkism
11-28-2009, 01:50 AM
Poor Tiger

Hope this is nothing serious

J011yroger
11-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Ya, I mean, the back window is very far away from the drivers seat in a Cadillac SUV with all kinds of seats and stuff in the way.

Something is awry.

J

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-28-2009, 06:24 AM
He had to have been wasted.

ttbrowne
11-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Looks like Tiger was tired of blondes......

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/enquirer-tiger-cheating-on-wife-with-party-girl-27124

Her face can look a little "manly" in some fotos, huh?

stormholloway
11-28-2009, 08:10 AM
People just want to believe so much that this is nothing more than an auto accident. The guy was cheating on his wife, got in a heated argument, and began to drive off when his wife used a golf club to bash in the back window, which distracted Woods, causing him to have a car wreck.

The injuries to his face were probably caused by his wife. The veil of class has been lifted: Woods has officially gone COPS.

pabletion
11-28-2009, 08:16 AM
LOL,,, i can steal away that girl in your avatar,,if i wanted to...

Oh Im absolutely certain you can........ youre talking about stealing the photo right? Im sure youve had thousand of "girlfriends" on the world wide web.

NEways.... dunno if the reports are true or not, about Tigers "party friend", but hope theyre completely bogus. Tigers wife is H-O-T...... then again, it wouldnt be the first time a famous athlete cheats on their hot wife.

Either way, TW looks like hes gonna be able to skip the tournament he was scheduled to host, more "quality time" with the family?

jamesblakefan#1
11-28-2009, 09:24 AM
People just want to believe so much that this is nothing more than an auto accident. The guy was cheating on his wife, got in a heated argument, and began to drive off when his wife used a golf club to bash in the back window, which distracted Woods, causing him to have a car wreck.

The injuries to his face were probably caused by his wife. The veil of class has been lifted: Woods has officially gone COPS.

This is fact. Officer Stormy was there on the scene.

jamesblakefan#1
11-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I apologize to storm. He was right.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

stormholloway
11-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Well she was obviously bashing the car, so if she didn't physically attack him then she inadvertently caused the accident.

CCNM
11-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Anyone know what the latest is?

Mr.Brightside
11-28-2009, 06:44 PM
the injuries to his face were caused by his wife.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/mystery-intensifies-over-tiger-woodss-car-crash-and-the-woman-he-allegedly-met-up-with-in-australia-20091129-jyfl.html

borg number one
11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
See weblink:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/golf/story/1356247.html

When Tiger Woods and scandal collide, truth becomes the victim

Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin, take in Game 4 of the NBA basketball finals in this June 11, 2009 file photo taken in Orlando, Fla. Tiger Woods was injured early Friday Nov. 27, 2009 when he lost control of his SUV outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out.
Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin, take in Game 4 of the NBA basketball finals in this June 11, 2009 file photo taken in Orlando, Fla. Tiger Woods was injured early Friday Nov. 27, 2009 when he lost control of his SUV outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out.
David J. Phillip, File / AP Photo

* Photo

Related Content

* Police: Woods, wife unavailable for interview
* Woods shouldn't stay quiet long
* Tiger crashes, rubber-necking just beginning
* Authorities: Tiger Woods hurt in Fla. car crash
* Police: Woods, wife unavailable for interview
* Police chief: Woods' wife helped after accident

By DAN LE BATARD
dlebatard@MiamiHerald.com

The news-gathering landscape has mutated so quickly and so absolutely, at once enhanced and contaminated by the immediacy of everything from texts to Twitter to TMZ, that America's most famous athlete this weekend went from suffering a serious injury in a car accident . . . to suffering a minor injury in a car accident . . . to being ``fine,'' according to his agent . . . to reportedly being unfaithful to his wife . . . to maybe having his face scratched by his angry wife . . . to being rescued by his helpful wife from his crashed car with a golf club . . . to having his car smashed up by his betrayed wife and her golf club . . . to not being any kind of ``fine'' at all.

Not all of that can be true, obviously, but who cares?

Truth is one of the many things that gets trampled today when boring facts can't keep up with the media's need to feed instantly and the public's appetite to be fed faster than that. Something else that gets lost in all of the subsequent noise is Tiger Woods' silence. We haven't heard from him yet, which doesn't seem to matter one microscopic fraction of one ounce at all.

We get news faster than we ever have. We just can't trust it to be right. So patience, credibility and fairness are among the casualties here, too, at the intersection of celebrity and scandal -- where voyeuristic rubbernecking is fun and nobody feels the need to tap the brakes, and the result is an international icon bleeding on the street while surrounded by more questions than answers.

I don't pretend to know what is and isn't true here. What I do know is that Woods is too famous to have any kind of accident quietly. Once upon a time, in a black-and-white America that was more romantic and less human, Joe DiMaggio could be an epic sports hero in public despite having secret issues with Marilyn Monroe in private. But that day is as dead as both DiMaggio and Monroe. There are too many lights on you these days for an athlete to be around anything shady.

Too many people are watching. And a cellphone camera is now credential enough to make just about anyone ``media.'' We're all in this together now, linked by things like Twitter and Facebook, the lines blurred between network news and networking, which is how a reporter from Fox News somehow came to be ``reporting'' on this Tiger Woods incident while holding up a copy of the National Enquirer and citing TMZ in a mutated media ménage a` trois that didn't exactly conjure a credibility that seems to have died with Walter Cronkite.

Here's what we kind of know: The National Enquirer reported that Woods was having an affair with a New York party girl named Rachel Uchitel, who is one of the hottest Google trends today and has taken an unusual number of photos in a bikini. This report may or may not be true. That hardly seems to matter. Uchitel is denying any affair. That hardly seems to matter, either. Very soon after this report, Woods was checked into a hospital for facial lacerations and a suspicious car accident that either featured his wife aiding him or possibly beating him, depending on which whispers, outlets and paid-for-information anonymous sources you believe.

All of this, true or untrue, must be mortifying to Woods, the headlines hurting him as much as anything that actually made him bleed. He is as packaged an athlete as we've ever seen. He told a lesbian joke in GQ magazine at the very beginning of his rise, and access to him forever changed after that, publicists and corporate handlers surrounding his image so tightly that they might as well have been accompanied by the sound of jail cells clanging to a close.

In the modern age, there have been very few famous people whose face we know more but whose personalities we know less. That has been by design. Rest assured, you haven't heard from him yet because his handlers are trying to figure out how and what to handle. Forbes magazine reports that Woods is the first-ever billionaire athlete, and that face is too valuable to have scratches from a domestic dispute without explanation.

What may or may not have happened to Woods isn't any kind of new, of course. Promiscuity is older than sports, and falls from grace might be older than both. Kobe Bryant's wife is wearing a $4.5 million apology for this kind of behavior on her finger. But what is new here is how quickly scandalous news spreads in an instant-gratification society that microwaves, TiVos, Google searches and gets its infotainment on demand. The news travels so fast that it is out there before it can be verified and before the participants have even uttered a public word, and the more credible news outlets are forced to follow the flocks toward TMZ and the Enquirer or be left behind.

And here's why that's relevant:

What if it isn't true?

How do we go back and fix that?

And isn't that kind of accident ultimately more damaging than the one involving Tiger Woods?

scotus
11-28-2009, 08:57 PM

You're thinking of an Average Joe's three-bedroom house.

But for Tiger's mansion, it's not a driveway. It's a runway.

CCNM
11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I really hope he talks. I don't want to read all kinds of "trash" on the subject. I agree with those reporters who say he's doing more harm than good by keeping quiet.

10s talk
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
You're thinking of an Average Joe's three-bedroom house.

But for Tiger's mansion, it's not a driveway. It's a runway.

Have you seen the house ? it is small (for a 2.5 million dollar home) with 2 neighbors within 100 feet

pmerk34
11-29-2009, 09:09 PM
He is cheating on Elin?!

Why would this shock you?

CanadianChic
11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
He is acting like a child. Just speak to the police and the incident will go away rather than prolonging the inevitable and whining about the unwanted negative media coverage.

10s talk
11-30-2009, 04:26 AM
He is acting like a child. Just speak to the police and the incident will go away rather than prolonging the inevitable and whining about the unwanted negative media coverage.

I am sure his people are advising him what to do. Tiger cannot tell police he was having a fight with his wife at 2:00 am, and she smashed the windows of the car. He is trying to protect an image, and save a marriage. Tiger does not want to be caught in a lie, so he attacks the messengers without denying anything. It is smart to not talk to police, there is nothing to gain.

This story will be around for awhile.

mikeler
11-30-2009, 05:44 AM
I drove by his neighborhood entrance yesterday. I counted around 40 cars/news vans at the main entrance. There were only two camera men at the back entrance. He'll probably just fly a helicopter in and out of his neighborhood for a while :)

ttbrowne
11-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Parody

Female: Hello Onstar

Operator: Yes

Female: Hit the kill switch on my husbands SUV!

Operator:Maam, I'm...

Female: Hit it!!

Operator: Well, ah..Maam, Is it being stolen?

Female: Hell no. He's driving it!

Operator: Is he being held hostage??

Female: No Dammit!

Operator: Then wha...

Female: My f****** husband is trying to get away from an argument!

Operator: Maam??

Female: COME BACK HERE YOU SOB! YOU WANNA BE A TIGER? I'LL SKIN YOUR A**!

sureshs
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM

Not as simple as that. The police have already uncovered inconsistencies in his story and asked for a search warrant. It could be that he is hiding something, or it could be that some police officer is jealous of him and wants to have his 15 minutes of fame. Either way, Tiger needs to protect himself.

Cesc Fabregas
11-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Read in the newspaper today that Tiger has been playing away from home, and had a argument with his wife.

pmerk34
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Read in the newspaper today that Tiger has been playing away from home, and had a argument with his wife.

She used one of his golf clubs to smash the car window

GolfDad
11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
It will be interesting to see if he will show up at the Chevron World Challenge tournament this week in LA, where he is the host. Most probably not.

LafayetteHitter
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
His theory of hiding from the police is not helping his public image. Almost everyone you talk to now feels he is hiding something. Tip of the day, don't bang *****s on the side when you are famous.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
If he was taking presciption meds he wouldn't want to get a DUI at the very least. And nobody would want their personal "affairs" revealed in the media.

QuietDaze
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Not as simple as that. The police have already uncovered inconsistencies in his story and asked for a search warrant. It could be that he is hiding something, or it could be that some police officer is jealous of him and wants to have his 15 minutes of fame. Either way, Tiger needs to protect himself.

Why do the police need a search warrant as a result of a car accident? He was already tested and no alcohol was involved so I'm not sure why he needs to talk to the police at all. They came, made the report (which is what the insurance company needs), he went to the hospital. Why isn't that the end of it? Let's just say his wife hit him in the grill a couple times and smashed his windows out therefore causing/contributing to the accident and Tiger decides to cover for his wife. Is that a crime?

sureshs
11-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Why do the police need a search warrant as a result of a car accident? He was already tested and no alcohol was involved so I'm not sure why he needs to talk to the police at all. They came, made the report (which is what the insurance company needs), he went to the hospital. Why isn't that the end of it? Let's just say his wife hit him in the grill a couple times and smashed his windows out therefore causing/contributing to the accident and Tiger decides to cover for his wife. Is that a crime?

There is speculation that the facial injuries were caused by his wife beating him, not indirectly because she smashed the windows. So it could be a case of domestic violence. The police are also investigating whether he was abusing pain killers. They have issued a warrant for his hospital records. First they have to prove that there is a possibility of crime. Evidently they think there is evidence for it. If the lawyers contest it, a judge will have to decide.

The police could be harrassing him to become famous. On the other hand, if they don't investigate it, they will be accused of siding with the rich and powerful.

LafayetteHitter
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Good post. It reminds me of the MJ tirade by the public. If they investigate, then they are targeting and profiling. If they don't investigate and something happens because of abuse then they were not doing their jobs?

vanity
11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Im interested to know what he looks like with this facial injury. Any pics? :evil:

bad_call
11-30-2009, 12:31 PM
FYI - per a FL attorney, TW does not have to speak to the FHP under FL law.

good to know... :)

http://www.wesh.com/video/21755187/index.html

Steady Eddy
11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Why do the police need a search warrant as a result of a car accident? He was already tested and no alcohol was involved so I'm not sure why he needs to talk to the police at all. They came, made the report (which is what the insurance company needs), he went to the hospital. Why isn't that the end of it? Let's just say his wife hit him in the grill a couple times and smashed his windows out therefore causing/contributing to the accident and Tiger decides to cover for his wife. Is that a crime?It might be. We might think it's a private matter, but right or wrong, the trend is to think that you can't assault your spouse. It doesn't matter which gender is which, or what the reasons were, you've got no extra "rights" to go after your spouse than anyone else. Suppose you go up to a stranger and hit their car in the grill and smash out their windows? Would that be a crime? I'm pretty sure it would be. I'm curious as to why someone would think it's not.

sureshs
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
It might be. We might think it's a private matter, but right or wrong, the trend is to think that you can't assault your spouse. It doesn't matter which gender is which, or what the reasons were, you've got no extra "rights" to go after your spouse than anyone else. Suppose you go up to a stranger and hit their car in the grill and smash out their windows? Would that be a crime? I'm pretty sure it would be. I'm curious as to why someone would think it's not.

There are legal complexities involved. For some crimes, someone has to file a complaint. Either the police cannot proceed without it, or they don't deem it a good use of their time. In other crimes, like domestic abuse, police are bound by law to investigate even if there is no complaint by the victim. The decisions are based on the history of such incidents, when the wife would keep quiet to keep the family together, and was even pressured by friends and relatives to do so. Today, domestic violence can go either way, but the hands of the law are tied. Once upon a time, a wife who beat her husband would be perceived as either hysterical or giving him a well-deserved thrashing, and people would look the other way. See the old movies when it was a joke when the wife would hurl pots and pans at her husband and he would run from the house. Today, it is considered domestic abuse.

GolfDad
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
He's not gonna face the media anytime soon.

"THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP)—Tiger Woods withdrew Monday from his own golf tournament, citing injuries from a car crash near his Florida home. He said he would not compete again until next year.

Woods said in a statement on his Web site that his injuries prevented him from playing in the Chevron World Challenge, which he hosts annually for a small, invited, field."

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-woods-accident&prov=ap&type=lgns

Steady Eddy
11-30-2009, 02:55 PM
There are legal complexities involved. For some crimes, someone has to file a complaint. Either the police cannot proceed without it, or they don't deem it a good use of their time. In other crimes, like domestic abuse, police are bound by law to investigate even if there is no complaint by the victim. The decisions are based on the history of such incidents, when the wife would keep quiet to keep the family together, and was even pressured by friends and relatives to do so. Today, domestic violence can go either way, but the hands of the law are tied. Once upon a time, a wife who beat her husband would be perceived as either hysterical or giving him a well-deserved thrashing, and people would look the other way. See the old movies when it was a joke when the wife would hurl pots and pans at her husband and he would run from the house. Today, it is considered domestic abuse.I think this is what this is about. The wife, Elin, more than Tiger. He's trying to protect her crime from the police. Even if people feel sympathetic to Elin, you don't get the right to attack someone.

sureshs
11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
I think this is what this is about. The wife, Elin, more than Tiger. He's trying to protect her crime from the police. Even if people feel sympathetic to Elin, you don't get the right to attack someone.

But she used a golf club. That should count for something :-)

Bud
11-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Tiger's simply another cheating dirtbag whom the media portrayed as some selfless angel and global role model.

Another house of cards crashes down.

r2473
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Tiger's simply another cheating dirtbag whom the media portrayed as some selfless angel and global role model.

“I think it's an honor to be a role model to one person or maybe more than that. If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about.” - Tiger Woods

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/tiger_woods/

CCNM
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Still not sure what to think. If, indeed, he was arguing with his wife and decided to take out his frustration by going for a drive and not paying attention, then he should just come out and say "hey, I was mad, wasn't thinking, etc. It was stupid and I won't do it again."

Bud
11-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Still not sure what to think. If, indeed, he was arguing with his wife and decided to take out his frustration by going for a drive and not paying attention, then he should just come out and say "hey, I was mad, wasn't thinking, etc. It was stupid and I won't do it again."

Based on what his friends stated... his wife scratched the crap outta his face while fighting (after finding out about his affairs)... he jumped in the car at 2:30am to flee the banshee while she followed... bashing out the rear windows with a golf club... which caused him to drive erratically... run off the road and strike a fire hydrant. This sounds believable.

He's making it sound like he went out for a relaxing early morning drive... carelessly struck a fire hydrant... while his wife heroically comes to the rescue with a golf club... smashing out the rear windows to rescue an unconscious Tiger.

Makes you want to puke he can't just be real and tell the truth.

LafayetteHitter
11-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I bet 2 to 1 a divorce is in the future.

10s talk
11-30-2009, 05:26 PM
A Orlando TV station is reporting that according to the police the injuries are inconsistent with a car accident

CanadianChic
11-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I am sure his people are advising him what to do. Tiger cannot tell police he was having a fight with his wife at 2:00 am, and she smashed the windows of the car. He is trying to protect an image, and save a marriage. Tiger does not want to be caught in a lie, so he attacks the messengers without denying anything. It is smart to not talk to police, there is nothing to gain.

This story will be around for awhile.

Why can't he say that? Everytime someone refuses to cooperate with police it leaves them with a stink. That stink will ruin his image more than an argument with his spouse will.

I doubt the 'jealous cop' theory but agree that he needs to protect himself. He can do so and still cooperate.

His theory of hiding from the police is not helping his public image. Almost everyone you talk to now feels he is hiding something. Tip of the day, don't bang *****s on the side when you are famous.

How about the non-famous? Let this be a lesson to you all! :twisted:

scotus
12-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Have you seen the house ? it is small (for a 2.5 million dollar home) with 2 neighbors within 100 feet

Yes, it is a bit underwhelming.

sureshs
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Why can't he say that? Everytime someone refuses to cooperate with police it leaves them with a stink. That stink will ruin his image more than an argument with his spouse will.

Not really. Cooperating with the police is an euphemism used in many countries to indicate that it is not an option to not cooperate - the police can treat you any way they like. One way to curtail police abuse is to refuse to cooperate. Remember anything that is said can be used against you. The right to remain silent and the right to have an attorney present while talking to the police are two of the cornerstones of the legal system. You cannot trivialize it by your opinions - it doesn't matter whether you like it or not, that is the whole point really. If you are in a similar position, your lawyer or any other responsible person will give you the same advice.

sureshs
12-01-2009, 09:29 AM

I guess the other would be the great Agassi.

Is the Tiger affair story confirmed? Could be just a tabloid thing.

If it is true, I agree that this is another fake character like Agassi who throws a small fraction of his money around to charities to buy a public image.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I guarantee Tiger has an attorney advising him to do this.

tennispro19
12-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I guess the other would be the great Agassi.

Is the Tiger affair story confirmed? Could be just a tabloid thing.

If it is true, I agree that this is another fake character like Agassi who throws a small fraction of his money around to charities to buy a public image.

agassi throws a bit more than a small amount of money around. for years agassi was so popular because of his bad boy image and people warmed to him, he made mistakes and has admitted to and apologized for them, what more can he do. he has obviously grew up now. as for woods, we dont know whats gone on, and won know everything. it seems like any star who has a great image is always on the verge of a media killing. there are few examples of sporting greats who were great people as well, sampras stands out, david beckham and maybe a few others.

10s talk
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Agassi has spend a lot of money and time helping poor kids in Las Vegas, and around the country. It is absurd to call him phony .

TahoeTennis
12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I have to Agree and defend Andre, the man is a true hero and philanthropist, whose legacy goes far beyond the baseline. He is a true hero and my personal tennis hero.

tennispro19
12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Agassi has spend a lot of money and time helping poor kids in Las Vegas, and around the country. It is absurd to call him phony .

100% agree, for me, he has set a good example of how you can change your ways and grow up as a person

borg number one
12-01-2009, 11:09 AM
See most recent developments:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4700875&sportCat=golf

also:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/02/sports/golf/02woods.html

Full NY Times Article from weblink above:

Neighbors Say Woods’s Injuries Were Consistent With a Crash

Article Tools Sponsored By
By LYNN ZINSER and DIANE ALLEN
Published: December 1, 2009

Tiger Woods’s neighbors, who rushed out of their house to help him after his car crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree early Friday morning, said Woods’s injuries appeared consistent with a minor car crash and not an altercation with his wife.

Bill Sharpe, a lawyer for the family of Linda Adams, responded to questions during a news conference on Tuesday.

A lawyer for Jerome and Linda Adams, the Woodses’ next-door neighbors, shared their observations in a news conference Tuesday at his office in Orlando, Fla. A 911 call was made from their house.

Bill Sharpe, the lawyer, said the Adamses ran out to see what happened after hearing the crash and found Woods lying on the ground and his wife, Elin, trying to help him. He said they saw scratches on Woods’s face, but did not suspect they were caused by anything other than the accident.

“The scratches on the face were consistent with somebody in a minor car accident,” Sharpe said. “None of his injuries looked like he was beat up by his wife.”

Jerome Adams is a retired physician, his lawyer said. Woods appeared “woozy” to Adams, who instructed Woods not to move and placed a pillow under his head and covered him with a blanket, Sharpe said. Someone from the family — three of the Adams children also came out of the house — called 911, but Sharpe did not say which one.

Although neither Tiger nor Elin Woods had talked to the Florida Highway Patrol as of Tuesday, the Adamses were interviewed by the police Sunday, Sharpe said. They retained the services of a lawyer because they have been inundated with media requests and believed the version of events they told to the police was being misrepresented in the media.

“These people were trying to be good neighbors,” Sharpe said. “They don’t want to be movie stars.”

Sharpe said someone in the family was awake and watching television at the time of the incident — around 2:25 a.m. — and rushed outside at the sound of the crash. He said the Adamses described themselves as friends of the Woods family. “They have a good relationship with Mr. Woods and they’d like to keep it that way,” Sharpe said.

Among the unanswered questions are why Woods was leaving his home at that hour; the circumstances surrounding the presence at the scene of his wife, Elin; and how he sustained his injuries. The Windermere, Fla., police chief, Daniel Saylor, said that Woods’s wife had used a golf club to break the rear window of the sport utility vehicle to help extricate Woods.

According to Sharpe, the family said Woods’s wife did not appear to be anything but concerned about her husband and they did not see anything inconsistent in his behavior. “It did not appear that he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol,” Sharpe said of the family’s account. “He did not appear to have been in a fight with his wife.

“He didn’t look like he was beat up with a 9-iron.”

Diane Allen contributed reporting from Orlando, Fla.

Bud
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
See most recent developments:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4700875&sportCat=golf

also:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/02/sports/golf/02woods.html

Full NY Times Article from weblink above:

Neighbors Say Woods’s Injuries Were Consistent With a Crash

Article Tools Sponsored By
By LYNN ZINSER and DIANE ALLEN
Published: December 1, 2009

Tiger Woods’s neighbors, who rushed out of their house to help him after his car crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree early Friday morning, said Woods’s injuries appeared consistent with a minor car crash and not an altercation with his wife.

Bill Sharpe, a lawyer for the family of Linda Adams, responded to questions during a news conference on Tuesday.

A lawyer for Jerome and Linda Adams, the Woodses’ next-door neighbors, shared their observations in a news conference Tuesday at his office in Orlando, Fla. A 911 call was made from their house.

Bill Sharpe, the lawyer, said the Adamses ran out to see what happened after hearing the crash and found Woods lying on the ground and his wife, Elin, trying to help him. He said they saw scratches on Woods’s face, but did not suspect they were caused by anything other than the accident.

“The scratches on the face were consistent with somebody in a minor car accident,” Sharpe said. “None of his injuries looked like he was beat up by his wife.”

Jerome Adams is a retired physician, his lawyer said. Woods appeared “woozy” to Adams, who instructed Woods not to move and placed a pillow under his head and covered him with a blanket, Sharpe said. Someone from the family — three of the Adams children also came out of the house — called 911, but Sharpe did not say which one.

Although neither Tiger nor Elin Woods had talked to the Florida Highway Patrol as of Tuesday, the Adamses were interviewed by the police Sunday, Sharpe said. They retained the services of a lawyer because they have been inundated with media requests and believed the version of events they told to the police was being misrepresented in the media.

“These people were trying to be good neighbors,” Sharpe said. “They don’t want to be movie stars.”

Sharpe said someone in the family was awake and watching television at the time of the incident — around 2:25 a.m. — and rushed outside at the sound of the crash. He said the Adamses described themselves as friends of the Woods family. “They have a good relationship with Mr. Woods and they’d like to keep it that way,” Sharpe said.

Among the unanswered questions are why Woods was leaving his home at that hour; the circumstances surrounding the presence at the scene of his wife, Elin; and how he sustained his injuries. The Windermere, Fla., police chief, Daniel Saylor, said that Woods’s wife had used a golf club to break the rear window of the sport utility vehicle to help extricate Woods.

According to Sharpe, the family said Woods’s wife did not appear to be anything but concerned about her husband and they did not see anything inconsistent in his behavior. “It did not appear that he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol,” Sharpe said of the family’s account. “He did not appear to have been in a fight with his wife.

“He didn’t look like he was beat up with a 9-iron.”

Diane Allen contributed reporting from Orlando, Fla.

His neighbors having their lawyer make a statement for them... :roll:

See bolded portion above... 'nuff said... not credible.

jimbo333
12-01-2009, 11:53 AM
agassi throws a bit more than a small amount of money around. for years agassi was so popular because of his bad boy image and people warmed to him, he made mistakes and has admitted to and apologized for them, what more can he do. he has obviously grew up now. as for woods, we dont know whats gone on, and won know everything. it seems like any star who has a great image is always on the verge of a media killing. there are few examples of sporting greats who were great people as well, sampras stands out, david beckham and maybe a few others.

David Beckham is in no way a sporting great, LOL:)

And his affair with Rebecca Loos (or whatever she was called) was hilarious!

I still havn't worked out how Beckham built his image up, but he isn't even in the best 100 worldwide footballers in the last 20 years, it is all image/marketing and hype!

sureshs
12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
His neighbors having their lawyer make a statement for them... :roll:

See bolded portion above... 'nuff said... not credible.

That is understandable too. They may have to appear as witnesses in court and don't want to perjure themselves.

vanity
12-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Nike should drop him.

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
A new Tiger mistress on the horizon.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/01/tiger-woods-us-weekly-jaimee-grubbs-affair-elin-nordegren-voicemail/

tacoben
12-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I thought there was something more to this titilating story and intrigue....that Tiger's woodie somehow got him in trouble....but the latest update (CNN) shows that the story just went flat.:):oops: Florida Highway Patrol just concluded their investigation and will not pursue the lingering domestic issues any further.

sureshs
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I thought there was something more to this titilating story and intrigue....that Tiger's woodie somehow got him in trouble....but the latest update (CNN) shows that the story just went flat.:):oops: Florida Highway Patrol just concluded their investigation and will not pursue the lingering domestic issues any further.

And justice is served. It is good for everyone.

borg number one
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2009-12-01-woods-crash-no-charges_N.htm

See Full Article:

Woods cited for careless driving; no criminal charges
Updated 13m ago

THE TIGER WOODS ACCIDENT

By Steve DiMeglio, USA TODAY
The Florida Highway Patrol announced Tuesday in a news conference that it will issue Tiger Woods a citation for careless driving for the single-car accident in front of his home in the early morning hours following Thanksgiving Day.

Maj. Cindy Williams said Tuesday that will close the investigation and no criminal charges are being pursued. Woods faces a $164 fine.

"Despite the celebrity status of Mr. Woods, the Florida Highway Patrol has completed its investigation in the same professional manner it strives to complete each traffic investigation," Sgt. Kim Montes said.

Woods withdrew Monday from his own golf tournament, citing injuries from the crash.

Woods turned down requests to talk with Florida troopers three days in a row following the accident, in which he drove his Cadillac Escalade SUV over a fire hydrant and into a neighbor's tree. The airbags did not deploy in the crash, and Woods' wife, Elin, told police she used a golf club to smash the back windows to help him get out of the vehicle.

Florida Law states that Woods isn't obligated to talk with police because the accident was minor. All Woods had to do was provide his driver's license, proof of insurance and registration of the car to police, which his attorney did Sunday.

In other news Tuesday, an attorney for the neighbors who dialed 911 after Woods' crash said Woods' wife asked them to call 911 and they saw no indication the golfer was beaten or driving under the influence. Speaking to reporters in his Orlando law office, attorney Bill Sharpe said Linda Adams and her adult sons Jarius and Jerome Adams went outside their home after hearing the crash. Sharpe said the Adamses said Woods' wife was not holding a golf club.

Woods' injuries were "consistent with a car wreck and inconsistent with him being beat up," said Bill Sharpe, the attorney for the neighbors. "The scratches on his face were consistent with someone who maybe was in a minor car accident and hit his head on the windshield. ... None of his injuries looked like he was beat up by his wife."

The crash came two days after the National Enquirer published a story alleging that Woods had been seeing a New York nightclub hostess, and that they recently were together in Melbourne, where Woods competed in the Australian Masters. The woman, Rachel Uchitel, denied having an affair with Woods when contacted by The Associated Press.

Contributing: The Associated Press

Kevin T
12-01-2009, 01:21 PM

Don't worry, TMZ et al., will squeeze blood out of turnips to get any and all dirt. When the mighty are on the brink, the tabloids make sure they fall from grace.

tennispro19
12-01-2009, 03:19 PM
David Beckham is in no way a sporting great, LOL:)

And his affair with Rebecca Loos (or whatever she was called) was hilarious!

I still havn't worked out how Beckham built his image up, but he isn't even in the best 100 worldwide footballers in the last 20 years, it is all image/marketing and hype!

he has been hyped up, but he is a great. he has won everything there is to win other than a world cup, no one can deny that. i would say ryan giggs was unfairly over shadowed by beckhams image whilst at united, and giggs for me is a better player. all athletes are human and make mistakes, he has paid for that and rebuilt his image again. . he does lots for charity and is genuinely a nice guy. to say he isnt in the top 100 is a joke! you only have to take the performance for england v greece, the game he put in against real madrid of the bench for utd in the champs league, he was instrumental when capello brought him back into the madrid side, played a massive part in them winning la liga. he will be playing in a 4th world cup next summer, and if egland need someone to play on the right, who isnt like a walcott, lennon and philps player, some one to calm a game down, keep the ball and deliver the best dead ball set plays in the world no one is better for england. i defo think he is over rated by the media, but not the footballing world. he is a role model, he shows what effort is about, how to come back from bad times and is looked up to be millions world wide

jimbo333
12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
^^^^^You've fallen for the hype mate, like so many other people!

He cheated on his wife, so for a start that isn't the behaviour of a good husband!

As for his footballing skills, if you really want me to name 100 better worlwide footballers in the last 20 years I will, it really wouldn't be that difficult!

If he was that good, I can assure you that Fergie would have kept him, Ryan Giggs is a far better example of a great person/footballer than Beckham, and there are many many others:)

CanadianChic
12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Beckham is talented, there is no doubt about that. But the only reason he is hyped as the best is because of the way he looks, his endorsements and who he married. I've never cared for blondes.

jimbo333
12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
^^^^Yes Canadian Chic, exactly correct:)

Dedans Penthouse
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I have to Agree and defend Andre, the man is a true hero and philanthropist, whose legacy goes far beyond the baseline. He is a true hero and my personal tennis hero.

My instincts tell me that Steffi (and this from a huge Seles fan) who had to deal with in her own life (i.e., with her "tax" daddy) etc,,,,that Steffi is essentially a good, repeat, good person.....and by extension, she's extended her sense of 'goodness' onto what is essentially a sensitive, essentially good-tender-hearted person in the form of Andre Agassi,

imho, tennis (and "the Vegas-hood") has been well-served by those two...

tennispro19
12-02-2009, 03:55 AM
^^^^^You've fallen for the hype mate, like so many other people!

He cheated on his wife, so for a start that isn't the behaviour of a good husband!

As for his footballing skills, if you really want me to name 100 better worlwide footballers in the last 20 years I will, it really wouldn't be that difficult!

If he was that good, I can assure you that Fergie would have kept him, Ryan Giggs is a far better example of a great person/footballer than Beckham, and there are many many others:)

there are 3 examples of where fergie has got it wrong, japp stam, beckham and van nistelrooy. totaly agree on the giggs front, i do remember that giggs also did cheat on his mrs! i defo think beckham has been overhyped for years and years, if anything his football has been overshadowed. lets agree to disagree, but i wont go down the not knowing my football front, one thing i know is football

jimbo333
12-02-2009, 06:34 AM
^^^^We will have to agree to disagree then. The whole point about being overhyped is that he is only a very good footballer, NOT a great one. Fergie was right and Beckham hasn't been good enough to play in a top UK team for at least 5 years!

At least we agree that Giggs is a great player. I personally dislike Man Utd, but have always thought Giggs was a superb, very reliable great player:)

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Alright, enough about soccer, or football, if you will.

This is about Tiger's road beef.

Tiger issues an apology, for cheating on his wife.

http://deadspin.com/5417117/sad-tiger-woods-cops-to-personal-failings-update

Tiger Woods' voicemail to one of his side girls/mistresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE3RBFKPjVg&feature=player_embedded

tennis.yellow.balls
12-02-2009, 09:43 AM
does it matter what tiger does in his personal life? do we see him less of a golfer with all this coming out?

jimbo333
12-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Tiger wants to be treated differently than everyone else, thinks he is "special"!

Well he isn't, he is same as everyone else. I suggest he stops having an army of minders walking around the golf course with him, and just gets on with playing golf, which he is very very good at!

Vermillion
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow. That sucks.

ttbrowne
12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
"Transgressions"? That's the nice word.
Booty Call..............

Bengals1
12-02-2009, 12:03 PM
First photo of Tiger released since the "accident".....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Bengals1/eltigre.jpg

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 12:12 PM
The plot thickens...Elin's voice mail to the other woman.

http://deadspin.com/5417226/elin-gives-jaimee-grubbs-the-janice-rossi-treatment

Steady Eddy
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM

That's hilarious!

Bud
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
That is understandable too. They may have to appear as witnesses in court and don't want to perjure themselves.

Whatever happened to 'No Comment'?

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 01:11 PM
That's gonna be one expensive booty call. About $250 million worth.

Bud
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Bud
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Apparently there are at least 3 women he's having affairs with.

"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor," says the voicemail. "Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voicemail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."

:oops:

CCNM
12-02-2009, 02:51 PM

LMAO!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!! I'm still disappointed in him though.:(

LiveForever
12-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh well. I hate golf and tiger woods.

LafayetteHitter
12-02-2009, 03:36 PM
The bottom line here is the guy is leaving voicemails trying to cover up the fact that he's working the town like a Vegas hooker and it's caving in. When you try to cover things up, it will extend the amount of time and increase the effort to show what you did. Look at Letterman, he admitted that he was a douchie nozzle and it faded quicker than he could've imagined.

bad_call
12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Apparently there are at least 3 women he's having affairs with.

"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor," says the voicemail. "Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voicemail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."

:oops:

caught putting off the green...tsk tsk. bet Mirka is telling Rog to not hang out with that fellow. :shock:

that said, TW has a good eye for putting. :twisted:

Fee
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I am not a role model - Charles Barkley

Dedans Penthouse
12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.junkman.icobb.com/images/get-in-the-hole.jpg

Fedace
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
If you guys think this will stop Tiger from womanizing and sleeping around,,,, you are sadly mistaken........lol

LafayetteHitter
12-02-2009, 07:52 PM
If you guys think this will stop Tiger from womanizing and sleeping around,,,, you are sadly mistaken........lol

Of course not, and his idiot wife will tolerate it as long as she continues to have a Bentley to drive in at his expense.

JohnnyCracker
12-02-2009, 08:00 PM
That's gonna be one expensive booty call. About $250 million worth.

Not a problem. Tiger too-much-Wood can afford it.

http://www.junkman.icobb.com/images/get-in-the-hole.jpg

So that's the secret to Tiger's success. He'd been staring down that hole as if it was the other hole.

CrocodileRock
12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Maybe he should change nicknames from Tiger to Cheetah.

snoopy
12-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Of course not, and his idiot wife will tolerate it as long as she continues to have a Bentley to drive in at his expense.

I think that if she stays with him she must really love him bc it appears she can get 300 million in a divorce:

http://wcbstv.com/sports/tiger.woods.affair.2.1346199.html

Heck even if she could only get 20 million that's still more than most people can dream of spending.

CrocodileRock
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
When asked by police what she was doing up at 2:30 in the morning, Elin replied "clubbing".

Fedace
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
When asked by police what she was doing up at 2:30 in the morning, Elin replied "clubbing".

You guys have some of those Emails that Tiger was supposedly sending to his girlfriends....:confused:

tennispro19
12-03-2009, 02:33 AM
You guys have some of those Emails that Tiger was supposedly sending to his girlfriends....:confused:

have you heard the answer phone message on youtube, red handed!

jimbo333
12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Maybe he should change nicknames from Tiger to Cheetah.

If he did, THEN I'd respect him a bit more:)

Fedace
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
have you heard the answer phone message on youtube, red handed!

Do you have the link to that youtube ??:)

Bud
12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
"A shoeless Tiger Woods snored on their lawn while the golfer's wife stood silently by in the minutes after his SUV crashed into a tree, neighbors told Florida investigators."

"It was a cool morning, so Adams and Harris covered Woods with a blanket and put pillows under his head, Adams said."

"I tried to just keep everyone kind of calm," he said.

When a trooper asked if Woods was unconscious, Adams said, "At that point, he was, uh, he was snoring."

"He was snoring?" the investigator asked.

"He was actually snoring," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/03/tiger.woods.neighbor.tape/index.html

:lol::lol::lol:

What a complete dooshbag.

Fee
12-03-2009, 10:18 PM
If it is true that Tiger had his caddy buy a plane ticket for one of his side dishes, then fly with said side dish to Melbourne last month for a transatlantic booty call, then it is time for Tiger to fall on his sword and retire from professional golf. He needs to do the honorable thing and protect his children from his doooooshy behavior. I bet even Michael Jordan is sitting at home, shaking his head, and saying 'Damn, Tiger' (or Cheetah, as so many are repeating/reposting as his new nickname).

maverick66
12-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I dont think he needs to retire but hes got some serious pr work ahead of him. There isnt really a way out of this one and hes just gonna have to bite his tongue and take the criticism. Why would he retire from a sport where he has a lifetime to make money. You never really retire in golf ever you just change tours.

jamesblakefan#1
12-03-2009, 10:41 PM
If it is true that Tiger had his caddy buy a plane ticket for one of his side dishes, then fly with said side dish to Melbourne last month for a transatlantic booty call, then it is time for Tiger to fall on his sword and retire from professional golf. He needs to do the honorable thing and protect his children from his doooooshy behavior. I bet even Michael Jordan is sitting at home, shaking his head, and saying 'Damn, Tiger' (or Cheetah, as so many are repeating/reposting as his new nickname).

Retire? Why the hell would he retire? Plenty of athletes have cheated on their wives and moved on with their lives. Or done even worse and not retired. Heck, Kobe was accused of r*pe and he didn't retire. And his wife stayed with him. I'm not endorsing adultery of course, but it's not the end of the world like you make it out to be. It's not like Tiger's killed anyone (there are athletes in the NFL who have killed people via drunk driving)

May I interest you in the story of Louisville Men's BB coach Rick Pitino, who admitted to having sex with some woman on a restaurant floor, knocking her up, and then paying $3000 for the abortion. Yeah, I'd say that's far worse than anything Tiger's alleged to have done. And he's still coaching the young men at University of Louisville. And he's still married.

http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2009/08/11/rick-pitino-concedes-an-affair/

tennispro19
12-04-2009, 02:27 AM
ive just been on youtube and cant find it, might have been taken of? basically says hi its tiger, my wife has been going through my phone. can u delete my name from your phone book......

fed_the_savior
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
anyone miss this SNL skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsKoiItRS0s

chess9
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Retire? Why the hell would he retire? Plenty of athletes have cheated on their wives and moved on with their lives. Or done even worse and not retired. Heck, Kobe was accused of r*pe and he didn't retire. And his wife stayed with him. I'm not endorsing adultery of course, but it's not the end of the world like you make it out to be. It's not like Tiger's killed anyone (there are athletes in the NFL who have killed people via drunk driving)

May I interest you in the story of Louisville Men's BB coach Rick Pitino, who admitted to having sex with some woman on a restaurant floor, knocking her up, and then paying $3000 for the abortion. Yeah, I'd say that's far worse than anything Tiger's alleged to have done. And he's still coaching the young men at University of Louisville. And he's still married.

http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2009/08/11/rick-pitino-concedes-an-affair/

Good arguments!

-Robert

Fee
12-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Is this "deuce+shhhh" up to double digits yet?

RealityPolice
12-08-2009, 05:15 AM
The plot really thickens:

http://www.wesh.com/sports/21894356/detail.html

Bud
12-08-2009, 05:20 AM
The plot really thickens:

http://www.wesh.com/sports/21894356/detail.html

Yup... and apparently the number of women he had affairs with, now stands at 10 :shock:

downs_chris
12-08-2009, 06:04 AM
i heard there's a place on the web selling, "i slept with tiger" t-shirts...

FedererForehand
12-08-2009, 06:17 AM
This thing is getting out of control fast...

Bud
12-08-2009, 06:32 AM
This thing is getting out of control fast...

Nice avatar :twisted:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/image.php?u=42000&dateline=1229730074 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=42000)

CCNM
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I think it's time for Mr. Woods to come out and have a press conference to sort this out. I don't know what to believe anymore....

Fee
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
This is interesting reading, a piece about Tiger's real relationship with two of the ladies named. Unfortunately, I can't quote it here due to the language, you'll have to click on the link:

http://deadspin.com/5416948/chaos-in-tigerland-a-deadspin-investigation-into-the-sexual-habits-of-pro-athletes

chess9
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Interesting article, Fee.

I'm surprised he ever played any golf....

And, what about drugs? This sort of lifestyle suggests drugs and alcohol abuse.

I hope his wife is being tested for STDs, HIV, or whatever....

I'd exit stage left from this relationship in a hurry if I were her. There's simply too much, if true....

-Robert

Fee
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes, if it's true. 3 women was bad enough, but the implication that there could be a countless number is astonishing.

Rhino
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I don't think he could have really loved his wife if he was getting up to all that extra curricular activity.

chess9
12-09-2009, 05:41 AM
I don't think he could have really loved his wife if he was getting up to all that extra curricular activity.

He's obviously very confused, and probably very sick. Or, simply venal.

-Robert

mikeler
12-09-2009, 05:47 AM
I can't believe it took him this long to get caught!

Dedans Penthouse
12-09-2009, 06:49 AM
http://www.funfacts.com.au/images/funny-headline1.jpg

chess9
12-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Is that where the rubber meets the road?

-Robert

LuckyR
12-09-2009, 11:00 AM
He's obviously very confused, and probably very sick. Or, simply venal.

-Robert

Nope, just very competitive...

Steffi-forever
12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
My instincts tell me that Steffi (and this from a huge Seles fan) who had to deal with in her own life (i.e., with her "tax" daddy) etc,,,,that Steffi is essentially a good, repeat, good person.....and by extension, she's extended her sense of 'goodness' onto what is essentially a sensitive, essentially good-tender-hearted person in the form of Andre Agassi,

imho, tennis (and "the Vegas-hood") has been well-served by those two...

Finally! You wrote something positive about Steffi!
Keep it up! :)