PDA

View Full Version : Tricep hurting

janm
11-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone might know what’s happening.

I have recently acquired a pro staff 85, used the K90 tour without problem before. However the first time I tried using the prostaff I got a dead arm around the tricep. I put it down to over exercising, had a rest for a few days and continued with the k90 without it reoccurring.

Now today I take the prostaff and within a few mins the problem reoccurs.

Am I just not suited to this racket?

The only difference seems to be the grip size is slightly thicker due to addition of an over grip on the 85.

Jan

charliefedererer
12-01-2009, 08:40 AM
This is a bit of a puzzle as the two frames are not that dramatically different. I would have thought the bigger grip size, or more frequent mishits from the sweetspot, would more likely bother you in the forearm or elbow areas. You don't have the pro staff 85 leaded more than the K90 or different strings/tenisions on the two frames, do you? But your own body may be answering the question as to whether you are suited to this racquet.

janm
12-04-2009, 01:47 AM
The tension on the prostaff is 62 and 60, the tension on the K90 is 58.

However the strings on the prostaff feel a little more loose when compared to the K90. The K90 was strung by a pro string shop.

The prostaff nor the K90 tour are leaded, both stock frames.

I think its slightly easier to swing the prostaff about and perhaps i'm putting too much effort into the swings and pulling the shots more as you suggest?

Jan