PDA

View Full Version : Why is Novak so unmotivated?

kraggy
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
In the Nadal match it looked like he could care less what happened! Given that this is the last tournament of the season , he should be giving this his all , especially since he has been in pretty good form lately( despite the Soderling loss)!

I know he's played a ton this year but if he wants to be no 1 someday, he needs to learn to find that extra motivation that players like Fed and nadal have.

Ash_Smith
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
In the Nadal match it looked like he could care less what happened! Given that this is the last tournament of the season , he should be giving this his all , especially since he has been in pretty good form lately( despite the Soderling loss)!

He completely tanked the second set against Soderling, it had nothing to do with form, after he lost his service game at the start of the second set he gave up. It was sadly fairly obvious too - which was sad for all the people there to watch.

MuseFan
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Because Nole is a famous quitter.

yellowoctopus
11-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Nole was brought up with a silver spoon; his family is quite wealthy. His only motivation to do well in his career is to please his parents. I believe that if one day he finds the motivation to do well in his career for himself, he can be a great man. There is also an assumption here that tennis was his chosen career.

viduka0101
11-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Because Nole is a famous quitter.

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv109/viduka0101/haveabaloondog.gif?t=1259358542

TheTruth
11-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Maybe it's the pressure to defend.

Chadwixx
11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Hopefully it was just a bad day. He took nadals #2 the day he won paris (lost it when his points from last years yec rolled over). Nadal didnt win any matches, so if he can win this event, he has defended his points from last year and should be #2.

Something that should motivate him.

Ocean Drive
11-27-2009, 02:39 PM

I know he's played a ton this year but if he wants to be no 1 someday, he needs to learn to find that extra motivation that players like Fed and nadal have.

COULDN'T CARE LESS

RelentlessAttack
11-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Hopefully it was just a bad day. He took nadals #2 the day he won paris (lost it when his points from last years yec rolled over). Nadal didnt win any matches, so if he can win this event, he has defended his points from last year and should be #2.

Something that should motivate him.

He's failed so many times to take the #2 that I'm starting to think he's afraid of it.