PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's plan for the next season

CMM
11-28-2009, 02:06 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8383785.stm

"This tournament gave me the opportunity to see what I have to do to play better and to start the next year better," said the Spaniard.
"The goal is try to play hard and arrive generally in perfect condition."

"I don't want to forget one tournament, I only want to forget the tournaments I didn't play for the injuries," he said.

"For the rest, every tournament is important. If you lose, you have to learn with the victories and the losses. Better with the victories than to lose."
Asked how he planned to regain the baseline dominance he has enjoyed in recent years, Nadal said: "Just work to have a little bit more control of the shots, have the feeling that when you are playing a point you're not going to make a mistake.

"The other is to play more aggressive. For example, I have to be more aggressive on the first shot. After the serve, when I hit the first forehand, I have to attack more than I did in the last few months.

"When you are with less confidence, it's more difficult to do, but it's going to come back. And when the confidence comes back, I have to be ready.

"I need to play more aggressive with the forehand, recover my forehand winner and my rhythm on the forehand. When I am playing well with the forehand, the backhand is going to improve a lot."

And, having insisted all week that he was fully fit after a season of injuries, he admitted:"The battery sometimes finishes and you have to buy another one."

"That's what I'm going to do for next year - charge and practise hard. Only practising can you come back to your best level. That's what I did all my life, I'm going to still do it. When you feel better physically you can play more aggressive because you're not feeling tired after the points."

I wonder what he means by charging his batteries.:neutral::(:cry:

joeri888
11-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Cera is so 2008, he's got something new ;)

CMM
11-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Cera is so 2008, he's got something new ;)
I was thinking about spinach.:|
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5749/popv.jpg

ninman
11-28-2009, 02:50 AM
His plan really should be a simple one, "win a match".

Tsonga#1fan
11-28-2009, 03:08 AM
I was thinking about spinach.:|
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5749/popv.jpg

That is great!.....funny!

Sartorius
11-28-2009, 03:08 AM
I think it's good for him that the DC final is coming up. He'll definitely get a win (read: two wins) there.

Tsonga#1fan
11-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Maybe instead of the pirate look, he should go for the Popeye image!

namelessone
11-28-2009, 03:09 AM

"This tournament gave me the opportunity to see what I have to do to play better and to start the next year better," said the Spaniard.

"I don't want to forget one tournament, I only want to forget the tournaments I didn't play for the injuries," he said.

"For the rest, every tournament is important. If you lose, you have to learn with the victories and the losses. Better with the victories than to lose."
Asked how he planned to regain the baseline dominance he has enjoyed in recent years, Nadal said: "Just work to have a little bit more control of the shots, have the feeling that when you are playing a point you're not going to make a mistake.

"The other is to play more aggressive. For example, I have to be more aggressive on the first shot. After the serve, when I hit the first forehand, I have to attack more than I did in the last few months.

"When you are with less confidence, it's more difficult to do, but it's going to come back. And when the confidence comes back, I have to be ready.

"I need to play more aggressive with the forehand, recover my forehand winner and my rhythm on the forehand. When I am playing well with the forehand, the backhand is going to improve a lot."

And, having insisted all week that he was fully fit after a season of injuries, he admitted:"The battery sometimes finishes and you have to buy another one."

"That's what I'm going to do for next year - charge and practise hard. Only practising can you come back to your best level. That's what I did all my life, I'm going to still do it. When you feel better physically you can play more aggressive because you're not feeling tired after the points."

Let's not go into doping crap again. Rafa's battery "discharges" at the end of every season(remember USO 08' where he was barely dragging his feet in the semi with murray even though that matches lasted several days so he had time to rest) and even though he got more rest,it's not like he was fully healthy,he was trying to rest his knees. Then he got a stomach injury. Even yesterday he had some back problems. So while I think he is much better health-wise he still has some issues. Look at how much trouble he has moving on his BH side,he can't get into position to hit a decent BH so he slices it and he doesn't seems to be able to transfer his weight properly when he hits the BH.

Rafa is gonna "charge" himself mentally with a win in DC.

So I wouldn't read too much into his comments.

joeri888
11-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Let's not go into doping crap again. Rafa's battery "discharges" at the end of every season(remember USO 08' where he was barely dragging his feet in the semi with murray even though that matches lasted several days so he had time to rest) and even though he got more rest,it's not like he was fully healthy,he was trying to rest his knees. Then he got a stomach injury. Even yesterday he had some back problems. So while I think he is much better health-wise he still has some issues. Look at how much trouble he has moving on his BH side,he can't get into position to hit a decent BH so he slices it and he doesn't seems to be able to transfer his weight properly when he hits the BH.

Rafa is gonna "charge" himself mentally with a win in DC.

So I wouldn't read too much into his comments.

I know I said something like that, but would like to stress that I was just kidding.

vive le beau jeu !
11-28-2009, 03:31 AM

... this ?
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/d/da/Eating_batteries.gif/180px-Eating_batteries.gif

ninman
11-28-2009, 03:39 AM
Maybe he should just be done with it and buy a wheel chair, become the greatest men's wheelchair player of all time.

zagor
11-28-2009, 04:14 AM

Don't worry,Drakulie will be here shortly to clarify things for you :)

joeri888
11-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Maybe he should just be done with it and buy a wheel chair, become the greatest men's wheelchair player of all time.

Records are tough to beat there. Our Esther will always be the best :)

Blinkism
11-28-2009, 05:14 AM
Don't worry,Drakulie will be here shortly to clarify things for you :)

We all look forward to his expert analysis.

malakas
11-28-2009, 05:19 AM
I think it's good for him that the DC final is coming up. He'll definitely get a win (read: two wins) there.

Nope. :)

He should first aim to make a good schedule.He is failing so far.

vive le beau jeu !
11-28-2009, 05:34 AM
mmmh not 100% sure.
i mean: logically his 1st match should be against the 2nd czech player, aka his old buddy berdych, so there is still hope as this is a bit the kinda player that could produce a repeat of the soderlingement day at RG. ;)
(and it's indoor clay...)

babolat15
11-28-2009, 05:40 AM
its good to see he still has the fight in him

MuseFan
11-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Rafa needs to recharge somehow.