PDA

View Full Version : NOBODY BEATS DAVYDENKO 13 TIMES IN A ROW!! Feds response is to chnaged racquets

Mr. Tennis
11-28-2009, 07:31 AM
After losing to Davydenko Federer changes racquets:

SIZE=3]Wilson acquires PowerAngle (http://www.powerangle.net/index.html) to help Federer break his loing slump..[/SIZE]

BREAKING NEWS

Wilson acquires PowerAngle (http://www.powerangle.net/index.html) to help Federer break his loosing slump..

Tennis spies secretly snap photos of a new 2009 K90 prototype designed to give Federer more control on his wild forehand.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8525/dscf2543zf5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6986/dscf2544xw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6373/dscf2546fg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2431/dscf2548bu4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

skip1969
11-28-2009, 07:32 AM
good lord, how many of these stupid threads are we gonna have??

5th Element
11-28-2009, 07:36 AM
free entertainment

I propose a basic IQ and English test during the forum sign-up process.

Mr. Tennis
11-28-2009, 07:37 AM
I forgot to include the pic. See above ...Now what do you think?

babolat15
11-28-2009, 07:37 AM
wow......wasted 30 seconds of my life

DownTheLine
11-28-2009, 07:39 AM
wow......wasted 30 seconds of my life

I now wasted 45 seconds responding to this :(.

Mr. Tennis
11-28-2009, 07:40 AM
I forgot to include the pic at first.

kishnabe
11-28-2009, 07:52 AM
At least not bad as though Youtube clip that say tennis then goes FakeRickrolled films. God that music was more of waste of time than this!

zagor
11-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Eh,spoiler? Read the rules.

sureshs
11-28-2009, 07:53 AM
I think OP has a point. Fed needs to switch to a more forgiving racquet as his body is not forgiving any more.

JeMar
11-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Spoilered.

Mr. Tennis
11-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Eh,spoiler? Read the rules.

Only the absolute biggest moron would go on TW beoe knowing the outcome of a match.

I would love to meet the idiot you did that!!

Mr. Tennis
11-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I think OP has a point. Fed needs to switch to a more forgiving racquet as his body is not forgiving any more.

Jesus !!

This was just a joke guys. I thought that the stick looked funny.

I really hope no one took this seriously. You guys are nuts!

jackson vile
11-28-2009, 11:19 AM
He's going to need all the help he can get.

Dilettante
11-28-2009, 11:22 AM
free entertainment

I propose a basic IQ and English test during the forum sign-up process.

The English test would be a little unfair to us non-English speaking people.

The IQ would be perfectly right, though.

...that being said, I can't deny that for some strange reason I enjoy stupid threads. I've been keeping this as a guilty pleasure.

Mr. Tennis
11-29-2009, 05:09 AM
I just came across this wild picture of a k factor amd I thought it was funny. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I certainly do not think that Federer should actually switch .

What it does prove however is that any racquet can be strung like the power angle so there is no need to actually buy the powerangle.

Lighten up guys.

Azzurri
11-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Jesus !!

This was just a joke guys. I thought that the stick looked funny.

I really hope no one took this seriously. You guys are nuts!

you are probably a previous banned poster, but it won't matter...you will be banned soon enough.

jackson vile
11-29-2009, 07:36 AM
I just came across this wild picture of a k factor amd I thought it was funny. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I certainly do not think that Federer should actually switch .

What it does prove however is that any racquet can be strung like the power angle so there is no need to actually buy the powerangle.

Lighten up guys.

Someone should try it LOL

stanfordtennis alum
11-29-2009, 07:43 AM
wow.... ur creative

makenakai
11-29-2009, 04:41 PM
yes, technically it disperses forces equally making a larger sweetspot. The original pattern 2 dia and 1 main is the best for weaving - it was suggested by the guy who invented the geodesic dome and octet truss (those triangulated trusses that ALL long spans are made of). look at rattan chair seats. The entire face is sweet. seriously lighter gauge strings can be used as there is no unbalanced loads. these are all MAJOR adjustments for a player..

Fed switching...? hard to believe.

AJK1
11-29-2009, 05:00 PM
That racquet is a mess !

Fedace
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
How does this poweranlgle tech work ? does it help you with control or spin ??

AJK1
11-29-2009, 05:37 PM
If it worked, all the pros would string that way, it doesn't, so they don't.

JeMar
11-29-2009, 05:48 PM
It's a piece of crap. I hit with one of them once and it's like hitting with a trampoline.

Mr. Tennis
11-29-2009, 06:54 PM
It's a piece of crap. I hit with one of them once and it's like hitting with a trampoline.

The reason it's a piece of crap is becaise it's a watered down version of the original. The same inventor actually first came out with what is known as the "MadRaq". ....built like a snow shoe. But the problem Is that the strings virtually never broke and stringers hated them and it was not carried in stores. The original Madraq blew away it's watered down grandchild the powerangle. I have a madraq and it's the greatest racquet that I have ever played with . The problem is that I'm not quite sure it's legal....check it out:

http://clown.ithil.org/~ajss/DSCF0785.JPG

OddJack
11-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Lighten up guys.

The holes are angeled differently, doesnt appear like every racket can be strung like that.

OddJack
11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
What do you mean legal? How can it not be legal?

Kenny022593
11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
I see star of david upon star of david.

Chadwixx
11-29-2009, 07:10 PM
When you bring one of those in to get strung, dont get mad when your ignored. 85 shared holes, does it come with a step by step video?

Can you make that picture any bigger mr tennis? Christ man, learn to resize :)

Mr. Tennis
11-30-2009, 03:56 AM
I see star of david upon star of david.

The Mad Raq was actually legal befor the spaghetti string rules came about. In fact a couple of pros actually used it....on actually at Wimbledon.

But once the rules were re-written it says you can only use "one set of string". A set of strings means just enuf for crosses and mains. But the mad raq uses more than a set of strings as there is a third line of strings .

Having said all that, it does NOT give u an unfair advantage. But when you hit the ball the racquet is just so mich more stable amd the shots so clean . It's not going to turn you into a Federer but it's just so much more of a pleasure to play with .

It's actually the best racquet ever made in my opinion. The strings just make sense. The power angle just pales in comparison. It really does nothing.

Mr. Tennis
11-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Out of all the gadgets out there this stick was the real deal.

Two Pros actually used it. Todd Witsken & Sara Gomer.

Todd Witsken actually was ranked as High as #4 in the world in doubles using the madraq unfortunately he died of brain cancer.

Sara Gomer on the other hand used the mad raq to make it to the third round of the US Open only losing to Monica Seles.

This was all before the rules were changed and I'm not sure it's legal anymore for the reasons stated above

the racquet was inducted in the Wimbledon hall of fame.

alfa164164
11-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Mr. Tennis - I appreciate the pics and info., thx

scotus
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Mad Raq!

Imagine being able to hybrid a frame with 3 different strings!

Don't Let It Bounce
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
The Mad Raq was actually legal befor the spaghetti string rules came about. In fact a couple of pros actually used it....on actually at Wimbledon.

But once the rules were re-written it says you can only use "one set of string". A set of strings means just enuf for crosses and mains. But the mad raq uses more than a set of strings as there is a third line of strings .

Having said all that, it does NOT give u an unfair advantage. But when you hit the ball the racquet is just so mich more stable amd the shots so clean . It's not going to turn you into a Federer but it's just so much more of a pleasure to play with .

It's actually the best racquet ever made in my opinion. The strings just make sense. The power angle just pales in comparison. It really does nothing.From everything I've read, I'd love to have a couple of MadRaqs. (I'd buy 3 sets of 18-gauge VS and spend the rest of my string budget on coffee.) It really does sound like the kind of idea that died for reasons having nothing to do with how much it benefitted players.

Nice OP. I thought it was Photoshopped and am surprised that diagonally stringing a standard racquet gives such consistent spacing. Someone did a clever job stringing it.

Don't Let It Bounce
11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
How does this poweranlgle tech work ? does it help you with control or spin ??I hit with one and found it difficult to control. Very powerful–trampolinish, as the poster above said, though 'piece of crap' seems a little harsh.

The main claims are that the more equalized string length increases the size of the sweet spot (plausible) and that it is arm-friendly (I don't see how that could be, though I did find the 102 to be comfortable). There is a claim of minimal vibration that seems plausible: the frames are stiff, after all, and there may be some sort of cancellation effect from the strings being of equal length.

It might be interesting if one went down a racquet class (i.e., try the 97 if you like tweeners, or the 102 if you like oversize, or the oversize if you like, um, assault rifles) and then string it a helluva lot tighter than the demo I hit with.

Mr. Tennis
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
The Powerangle is sold here at TW. You can look at the customer reviews yourself.

In my opinion it played no differently than any other racquet.

However the Madraq is a completely different story. I cant explain it but it just feels so much more stable than a regular racquet. It just hits the ball so much more cleanly.

The design is an age old design. its exactly the same design on snow shoes. There is nothing "Mad" about the Madraq....it just makes sense.

By the way the inventor was an idiot because she named the racquet terribly. her name is madeline hence the "Madraq" name. But it just sounds like its a "crazy" racquet. For something this unconventional you need a better name....powerangle would have been fine!

Another interesting note....Dunlop actually produced the racquet and John mcenroe endorsed it. It was called the Dunlop mcenroe Madraq. The problem was that it was sold as a low end aluminum racquet in kmart for like 20 bucks. This tactic i feel cheapened the whole idea.