PDA

View Full Version : Indoor tennis in greater Boston area (Boxborough, MA)?

counterfeit25
11-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I will be moving to Boxborough, MA 01719, in a few weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for affordable indoor tennis courts? I really just require the tennis court, drinking water, and restrooms. I don't need fancy treadmills and spas etc.

By affordable, I am coming from the University of Michigan's indoor tennis "club", with hourly rates about $20/hr/court (a little more or less depending on the time), and $85 annual membership fee. Of course, the "club" is run by the university, and I was paying student rates, so I can tolerate higher rates when I start working in Boxborough.

Thanks!

efthemios
11-30-2009, 09:20 AM
I was just about to post something like this. Is that how it works generally? You pay to become a member then each time you want to use a court? I hate the idea of paying to play. But I also hate winter (I'm in Boston, too). Let me know if you find something affordable.

counterfeit25
11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I believe for most clubs thats how it works, you pay for membership, and also for each hour you play. It's pretty annoying to me too, I grew up in Thailand!

I'm moving there in a couple of weeks, so I'll visit some tennis clubs when I get there, and I'll post here if I find something good.

In the meantime, does anyone have any recommendations for which clubs I should visit? =)