PDA

View Full Version : To all the people who say Federer needs to retire...

AM95
11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I have eight words to say to you:

Nadal got knocked out without winning a set

So please, close your mouths and stop hating

viduka0101
11-28-2009, 02:34 PM
there should seriously be an inteligence test for new forum users:neutral:

lawrence
11-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Or maybe we just need a sticky thread with all the fundamentals of TT in there :p

viduka0101
11-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Or maybe we just need a sticky thread with all the fundamentals of TT in there :p

i'm not joking,this is getting redicjulis!!!

lawrence
11-28-2009, 02:44 PM
i'm not joking,this is getting redicjulis!!!

New Reg member: LEARN TO SPELL RIDICULOUS DUDE

viduka0101
11-28-2009, 02:47 PM
New Reg member: LEARN TO SPELL RIDICULOUS DUDE

i know how to spell it
i was refering to robby koenigs reaction to a point few days ago

kanamit
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Federer doesn't NEED to retire but he needs to reevaluate why he's still playing. His lack of motivation early in matches is painfully evident, which is why he keeps dropping the first set and having to play from behind. Only when he realizes his back is against the wall does he show even the slightest indicator that his heart is in the match. He also needs to suck it up and hire a coach. It might have been possible to coast through his prime years by relying on his own tennis IQ, but Federer isn't the same player as he was three years ago. And he needs somebody to give him advice on how to adjust his game as he plays out the declining years of his career. For example, his chipping backhands on second serve returns isn't cutting it any more. Perhaps he used to be dominant enough in baseline rallies to make chipping backhands a smart play (since it reduces the chances of an error). But his strokes seem to have lost some zip and overall he has obviously lost some footspeed. He needs to take that into consideration and ponder the possibility of trying to get second serves back with more authority, even if it means risking more errors. There are other issues, but I would spend my whole evening going over them.

I'm a huge Federer fan, which is why it's been so frustrating to watch him play recently.

lawrence
11-28-2009, 02:59 PM
i know how to spell it
i was refering to robby koenigs reaction to a point few days ago

hahaha i was poking fun, unless you were also

MuseFan
11-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Federer doesn't NEED to retire but he needs to reevaluate why he's still playing. His lack of motivation early in matches is painfully evident, which is why he keeps dropping the first set and having to play from behind. Only when he realizes his back is against the wall does he show even the slightest indicator that his heart is in the match. He also needs to suck it up and hire a coach. It might have been possible to coast through his prime years by relying on his own tennis IQ, but Federer isn't the same player as he was three years ago. And he needs somebody to give him advice on how to adjust his game as he plays out the declining years of his career. For example, his chipping backhands on second serve returns isn't cutting it any more. Perhaps he used to be dominant enough in baseline rallies to make chipping backhands a smart play (since it reduces the chances of an error). But his strokes seem to have lost some zip and overall he has obviously lost some footspeed. He needs to take that into consideration and ponder the possibility of trying to get second serves back with more authority, even if it means risking more errors. There are other issues, but I would spend my whole evening going over them.

I'm a huge Federer fan, which is why it's been so frustrating to watch him play recently.

It's very weird. Take today against Kolya. He comes out dominating his first service game with great 1st serves and laser like forehands to win at love. Then he falls apart right away. I don't get it out Federer just flips on/off so quickly. It's like he can't seem to focus longer then 5 minutes at a time anymore.

viduka0101
11-28-2009, 03:01 PM
hahaha i was poking fun, unless you were also

yeah,nevermind

kishnabe
11-28-2009, 03:23 PM
OP i get what you are saying but there is allways Fed-Haters or people bored of Federer.