PDA

View Full Version : Fed fans.. satisfaction

Agassifan
11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Not saying he will but If Fed were to retire end of 2010 or 2011 without winning a slam from now on.

I personally think he's good for a couple of slams more.

Agassifan
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I will be 100% satisfied. In fact, after FO 2009, I was 100% satisfied. The wimby was a bonus, so was the No. 1 and the 22 semi and 7 final streak.

mikro112
11-28-2009, 06:44 PM
He shouldn't retire until he's 40. imho

Agassifan
11-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I am shocked someone can be completely disappointed. The man has dominated tennis like no other, playing his elegant brand. He has all kinds of records even though he was a late starter.

effervescence
11-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd be satisfied. Asking for more than everything he's already achieved would be asking for too much- he's broken like what, ten million records already? Not to mention the 15 slams. If he retired after not winning a slam next year I can understand how it might "diminish" his legacy but I wouldn't use that to detract from everything that he's accomplished thus far.

Toxicmilk
11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm 99.99% satisfied, I'd just want him to beat nadal for ONE more gs, preferably the FO...

MuseFan
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Completely satisfied. Anything else is a wonderful bonus from the maestro of tennis.

rommil
11-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Satisfied. Very. Never mind his records. Roger has showed how an artful and smooth brand of play can dominate even these times of power and extreme athleticism in tennis. I have never learned more from any other tennis player.

Agassifan
11-29-2009, 05:31 AM
that's more like it.

AM95
11-29-2009, 05:35 AM
i'd be satisfied..but i'd be disapointed with him retiring, because I mean, the guy is just fun to watch, its pleasing to the eye, not like Soderling or Del Potro, who's disgusting form makes me want to puke

kishnabe
11-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm 99.99% satisfied, I'd just want him to beat nadal for ONE more gs, preferably the FO...

Same here, I want to see Roger get Rafa's blood on RG. SInce Rafa did ger Roger's blood at wimby.

jefferson
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Totally satisfied! It is a pleasure to watch a player who is so well rounded and lacks nothing in his game. Pete was so one dimensional. I loved him too, but Fed does it all!

timnz
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
I mean basically I am very satisfied.

However, it would be great (& I realising these are challenging goals) if he was able to:

1/ Get the Wimbledon record of most championships of any man in history - 8 (two to go).

2/ Get the most season end final championships - 6 (two to go)

3/ Get the record for most Australian Open championships in the open era - 5 (2 to go) (PS: I think the most overall - 7 is a bit too much to ask).

4/ Get the record for the most number of weeks at number 1 - 287 - he is at 260 weeks at the time of writing.

5/ Get one more French Open title (ideally beating Nadal but it wouldn't matter)

6/ Most season end number 1 rankings - 7 - (2 more to go)

Now in order of what is realistically achieveable - with most difficult last:

A/ Number of weeks number 1
B/ 2 more Season end finals
C/ 2 more season end number 1 positions
D/ 2 more Wimbledons
E/ 2 more Australian Opens
F/ 1 more French Open

All of these are extremely challenging goals I realise though. The best one in terms of honour would be to win 8 Wimbledons though.

MuseFan
11-29-2009, 02:29 PM
^^^^
I'd also love to see all that list achieved, but realistically not going to happen.

timnz
11-29-2009, 02:57 PM
^^^^
I'd also love to see all that list achieved, but realistically not going to happen.

I would be happy with any of these rather than all of these.

8 Wimbledon's though would be the most special. I don't know if it would ever be beaten.

MuseFan
11-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I would be happy with any of these rather than all of these.

8 Wimbledon's though would be the most special. I don't know if it would ever be beaten.

If I had to pick one of those, I'd actually go with a 2nd French Open. 2 career grand slams > 8 Wimbledons.

Peder
11-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Fed takes great care of himself on all fronts, not only physically. So I see no reason why he wouldn't compete at the very top for another 3-5 years.
Agassi kept going until he was 36 and only retired because of lower back problems. Fed is a better all round athlete and could easily still be in the Top 10 by then.
Part of Roger's #1 ranking is derived from his off court schedule. He times himself for the big events with the big points, and now he is sitting pretty with a 1,500 pt cushion over Nadal who is off the mark these days.

I predict Fed will win 2 more GSs in 2010, he has a very legitimate shot at all 4.

Reason I am not satisfied with his carer to date is because he has so much time left, and he is no 1 for a reason. Right now I don't see him losing his grip for at least another couple of years. He is a phenomenal athlete, and each season his experience grows. How do you bet against that?

Cantankersore
11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
If you make seven consecutive grand slam finals, and then don't go on to win another, there is going to be some disappointment. Still, his career is unparalleled. It has been great to watch him play.

Bud
11-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Federer fans are so insecure... they have to keep creating silly threads like this :oops:

He's the most accomplished male tennis player in the Open Era, period! However, he's not God and he's not the GOAT.

malakas
11-29-2009, 04:28 PM
If Fed retired next year I would be too shocked,dissapointed,angry and bitter to feel satisfied about Roger's carreer.

Buckethead
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Being a fed fan is hard,because he's the one who achieved more,but i gotta tell ya,he is close to his limit,while people are still improving.The only thing i see he can be better at is with his BH,the rest is done.