PDA

View Full Version : If Juan Martin Del Potro wins the Masters Cup....

GasquetGOAT
11-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Murray would be the least accomplished player in the top 5.

Djokovic = 1 slam + 1 YEC

Del Potro = 1 Slam

Murray = 0 (at slam/YEC level)

Would he then be in even more pressure, from himself?

I mean 2009 was supposed to be Murray's breakout year and yet Del Potro took the spotlight away from him to win the first slam ahead of Murray (if he ever does win one). And also Murray always thought himself to be more talented than JMDP.

----

AM95
11-29-2009, 05:58 AM
The only reason murray is so bad is because England pressures him.

When he wins, he's English.
When he loses, he's Scottish.

Anaconda
11-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Murray would be the least accomplished player in the top 5.

Djokovic _ 1 slam + 1 YEC

Del Potro _ 1 Slam + 1 YEC

Murray _ 0 slam + 0 YEC = 0.

Would he then be in even more pressure, from himself?

I mean 2009 was supposed to be Murray's breakout year and yet Del Potro took the spotlight away from him to win the first slam ahead of Murray (if he ever does win one). And also Murray always thought himself to be more talented than JMDP.

----

Except that Murray has been far more consistent than JMDP and has won more 1000 series and 500 events. You forgot to add masters series to your accomplishment list.

GasquetGOAT
11-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Except that Murray has been far more consistent than JMDP and has won more 1000 series and 500 events. You forgot to add masters series to your accomplishment list.

But don't you agree the ones I listed are far more important than the normal masters events and lower ranked tournaments?

I mean what are the pros playing for (other than to feed themselves)? Its the slams and to a less degree but second only to slams, the YEC.

"Far more consistent and 1000 series and 500 events" are the only things Murray could hold on to when asked, and only because he wasn't able to win a slam or YEC.

Anaconda
11-29-2009, 06:48 AM
But don't you agree the ones I listed are far more important than the normal masters events and lower ranked tournaments?

I mean what are the pros playing for (other than to feed themselves)? Its the slams and to a less degree but second only to slams, the YEC.

"Far more consistent and 1000 series and 500 events" are the only things Murray could hold on to when asked, and only because he wasn't able to win a slam or YEC.

You're critisizing Murray for just being good in 1000 & 500 events, but your man Gasquet isn't exactly doing much better. I don't think he has won a masters rofl!

GasquetGOAT
11-29-2009, 06:54 AM
You're critisizing Murray for just being good in 1000 & 500 events, but your man Gasquet isn't exactly doing much better. I don't think he has won a masters rofl!

What has this got to do with Gasquet? What do you have to say about my post? Do you disagree the ones I listed are far more important than the normal masters events and lower ranked tournaments?

aphex
11-29-2009, 07:11 AM
What has this got to do with Gasquet? What do you have to say about my post? Do you disagree the ones I listed are far more important than the normal masters events and lower ranked tournaments?

murray is good enough for warm-up tourneys that the top players don't take seriously...

any top 20 player who's in form during a slam will crush murray

robin7
11-29-2009, 09:48 AM
I agree. 2009 was supposed to be the year of breakthrough for Murray but Delpo outshone him by winning his first GS @ USO. Delpo would have overtaken Murray as #4 should he win WTF 2009.

Things will get much tougher for Murray if he fails to land his first GS in 2010.