PDA

View Full Version : A beatable number one...

marpiw
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I thought that tennis was the only sport who had a beatable number one and that players stood in line to beat him and feel themselves proud about their deed...
What do you think about this?...isnt it queer?...

HunterST
11-29-2009, 09:56 AM
I thought that tennis was the only sport who had a beatable number one and that players stood in line to beat him and feel themselves proud about their deed...

Hmm, if I'm interpreting this correctly you mean it's the only sport where an official number one is determined, and can lose tournaments and matches and still be number one? I'm not sure it's all that strange really. Most sports just don't have official rankings.

sheq
11-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Hmm, if I'm interpreting this correctly you mean it's the only sport where an official number one is determined, and can lose tournaments and matches and still be number one? I'm not sure it's all that strange really. Most sports just don't have official rankings.

No every sport organization has a standing or league system that determine the top players or teams, and any of them tends to lose somtime thats why ı dont understand the point.

slice bh compliment
11-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Yes, it's an individual sport with matchplay and a points per round system. Golf is different (more like racing) and so is boxing (more bout based rather than tournament based).

I cannot think of another sport set up like this. Well, the other racquet sports, but the scale is different.

HunterST
11-29-2009, 12:42 PM
No every sport organization has a standing or league system that determine the top players or teams, and any of them tends to lose somtime thats why ı dont understand the point.

Uhmm every sport doesn't have rankings. Most of the time some 3rd party will rank them but it doesn't really matter.

NFL= playoff no rankings
NBA=playoff no rankings
MMA= Champion, no rankings
Boxing= Champion, no rankings

federer_FREAK
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Uhmm every sport doesn't have rankings. Most of the time some 3rd party will rank them but it doesn't really matter.

NFL= playoff no rankings
NBA=playoff no rankings
MMA= Champion, no rankings
Boxing= Champion, no rankings

NFL and NBA are team sports, and MMA and Boxing you fight like every couple months so a ranking system would be stupid.

MuseFan
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Yes, because the REAL #1 never loses a match.

malakas
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM

queer?What's queer here is only your post.

:rolleyes: