PDA

View Full Version : tiger woods lying to federal agents amounts to perjury?

pushing_wins
11-29-2009, 07:00 PM
if he did indeed lie about what happened, lying to federal agents about private matters amounts to perjury?

JoelDali
11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Hes not under oath, don't be silly. And he hasn't even spoken to them yet. Hes fine.

Bud
11-29-2009, 07:19 PM
if he did indeed lie about what happened, lying to federal agents about private matters amounts to perjury?

Who are the federal agents he allegedly lied to?

ollinger
11-29-2009, 07:21 PM
When did federal agents start investigating car accidents???

equinox
11-29-2009, 07:56 PM
chris webber all over again.

mtommer
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
The most recent news simply says he refuses to talk any further with them and that doing so is simply voluntary.

jamesblakefan#1
11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
The most recent news simply says he refuses to talk any further with them and that doing so is simply voluntary.

This is true. They said on ESPN the other day that single car accidents in FLA are only required to give their name, license, and registration. Speaking to the cops isn't required.

And I don't see how Tiger lied anyways. His wife was the one who gave cops the story, not Tiger. And if recent reports are true, Tiger was far from trying to cover it up, in fact was blabbing about the 'incident' with his wife to some friends, and even said he'd have to buy a 'Kobe special' :lol:

http://deadspin.com/5414727/honestly-this-story-is-like-christmas-to-us

(For those that don't know, Kobe aparrently brought his wife a $1 million+ dollar ring after admitting to cheating on her.

To sum up, to say Tiger should or will be charged with perjury in this case is ridiculous.

CanadianChic
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM

Huh? :confused:

Capt. Willie
11-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Is it a slow day down at FBI headquarters that they are investigating a minor car accident involving one car, a tree and a fire hydrant?...oh, and no one was hurt on top of it. :rolleyes:

This thing is a whole lot of nothing and isn't worth the media coverage it is getting.

mikeler
11-30-2009, 04:56 AM
I believe FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) is running the investigation. I posted this in another thread, but I drove by his neighborhood entrance yesterday and there were about 40 cars/vans waiting out front. Only 2 camera men were at the back entrance though.

chess9
11-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Also, the development is private property. I assume the homeowner's association has given the state permission to enforce traffic regulations on their property, which is why the highway patrol is investigating.

NEVER LIE TO A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, state or federal. Saying nothing is the preferred method of evasion. ;)

Woods is being smart, and protecting his privacy.

-Robert

FedererForehand
11-30-2009, 06:10 AM
There aren't any federal agencies involved in this matter. Tiger also does not have to speak to the state troopers if he does not wish to. I did hear that the troopers are trying to get his medical records from the hospital where he was treated so see if his injuries are consistant with that of the nature of the accident he was in.