PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer?

mTm28
11-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Recently a few friends of mine have been complaining that the tennis at the moment has become a bit dull, and that they enjoyed the domination of just Fed and Nadal winning nearly everything between them.They said that the raw passion of the rivalry made the tennis more entertaining.

I disagree, I think an even playing field is more entertaining, with titles within anyones reach it makes different players step things up.

So I was wondering what you guys think?

Do you prefer tennis dominated by just a couple of players or an equal playing field between everyone?

henryshli
11-30-2009, 04:06 AM
I think this should be a question of style rather than competitiveness. The rivalry was so good because of the two totally different playing styles and personalities at the top.

So I guess I'm saying it depends on who is in the "field"

marpiw
11-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Personally I think that anyone of the players should have the same possibility to win tournaments (even if they are Grand Slams).
I would like to see a new face lifting the cup in every tournament.This makes the sport more entertaining and democratic.
Everyone should have his chance...

jefferson
11-30-2009, 04:45 AM
I like the David and Goliath storyline. I enjoy pulling for the the underdog to pull it out! And on the flip side, I enjoy watching the studs chase history.

Seany
11-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Well I preferred watching tennis in 03-07 more than I do now, I think it's good for any sport to have 1 individual head and shoulders above the rest....it's facinating to watch the rest of the field chasing, I think it brings the best out of everyone.

Right now, the top 10 is a scrappy affair.

kishnabe
11-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Total domination between the few players. Because then those few player play against each other and produce a quality match.

MuseFan
11-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Total Fedal domination.