PDA

View Full Version : Reed: "Andy Murray would have won the tournament had he reached the semi-finals."

hemat23
11-30-2009, 08:48 AM
The title says it all, but here is his article after YEC:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/941/

Can you believe this guy??

MichaelChang
11-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Garbage as usual.

doublebreak
11-30-2009, 08:51 AM
I guess this guy Reed has been spending a lot of time on the TT forums.

mozzer
11-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Im English and like Murray, but he played absolutely awful, what use are groundies that land on the service line?

grafselesfan
11-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Murray would have lost to any of Davydenko, Soderling, or Federer in the semifinal round.

malakas
11-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Simon Reed has a man crush on Murray.It's simple.

grafselesfan
11-30-2009, 08:56 AM
He completely goes out his way to completely diminish Davydenko achievement by making excuses for all the other top players too.

malakas
11-30-2009, 08:59 AM
He completely goes out his way to completely diminish Davydenko achievement by making excuses for all the other top players too.

"If he can kid himself into thinking that his win at the O2 was significant..."

Can you believe this guy??:?

He's worse than cuddles!!!!!:(
what did white bald russian males ever do to them??:-?

President
11-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Such a failure of an article..

Murray was not playing particularly well, and would have lost to Verdasco if the Spaniard possessed even an ounce of mental strength. He would have lost to any of the other semifinalists, and was already raped by Federer (who had a lapse in the first set) who then lost to Davydenko in a tight match. I see no indication that he would have been able to win had he swapped places with JMDP.

grafselesfan
11-30-2009, 09:00 AM
If Simon Reed can kid himself into thinking he actually knows squat all about tennis......

I like that one better.

hemat23
11-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Davydenko played like a beast the whole week. It's almost like you would think that Reed is just trolling on purpose..:confused:

tudwell
11-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Davydenko has not been able to beat the world's best in Grand Slams consistently, and that is why he will always be in the second tier among the top players.

Hmmm. Sounds like another player that we all know and love...

nikdom
11-30-2009, 09:07 AM
As a Russian saying goes, in Safin's words, "If grandma had b*lls, she would be grandpa".

I never understand this logic of what could've happened. So Murray was not good enough to get past hot sauce in straights, got roundly beaten by Federer and just made it past a not-yet-in-form Delpo in his first match - how can anyone talk about how well he would have done had he gone to the semis?

GinoGinelli
11-30-2009, 09:07 AM
If Simon Reed can kid himself into thinking he actually knows squat all about tennis......

Seems like he's kidding himself that his crappy internet page read by about 5 people is significant!

flying24
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
This is the same clown who was still trumpeting Murray the real #1 after the U.S Open isnt it? What a tool.

Arailic
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Because of guys like Reed, Murray cannot get his space and focus on what he needs to focus on, improving his game. I feel sorry for Murray! He needs to be overhyped by some pathetic "so called" journalists that are getting paid to always talk non-sense at Murray's expense.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Yeah who gives a schit about what could have happened. If Verdasco would have won 4 matches he would have won the tournament. Equally pointless.

Mustard
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
This has all got to be a wind-up, surely? :confused:

What the heck happened to you, Simon? :oops:

Rhino
11-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't believe Murray would have beaten Davydenko or Soderling.

batz
11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Reed is a bawbag.

Anaconda
11-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Pointless article as Murray didn't make the semi's and lost to cilic.

But again, why does he come out with these stupid and humiliating articles - he's supposed to be a decent editor at least; shouldn't he have superior managers to tell him not to write these things and guide him to be a good editor - he's making himself look like a moron with these articles, maybe he is a moron when it comes to sport - but his managers should stop him looking the idiot he clearly is.

And secondly, when you are writing - have a decent point which makes us think. This is just complete guessing - who's to say that Murray would have lost to JMDP anyway.

rk_sports
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Simon Reed has a man crush on Murray.It's simple.

Hahahaha.. that perfectly sums it up :lol:

[d]ragon
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't believe Murray would have beaten Davydenko or Soderling.

Definitely not. They would have pummeled Murray's short balls. I think Murray really needs to work on getting the ball deeper. Not only would it be harder for his opponents, but maybe he could save some energy because he wouldn't have to run around so much.

Tennis_Bum
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Im English and like Murray, but he played absolutely awful, what use are groundies that land on the service line?

Groundies of a pusher.

Xenakis
11-30-2009, 10:52 AM
ragon;4161225']Definitely not. They would have pummeled Murray's short balls. I think Murray really needs to work on getting the ball deeper. Not only would it be harder for his opponents, but maybe he could save some energy because he wouldn't have to run around so much.

Can't blame the guy for not getting balls deep recently, he's just split up with his girlfriend.

flyinghippos101
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Can't blame the guy for not getting balls deep recently, he's just split up with his girlfriend.

ahhhhhhhhhh ZING! :D

severus
11-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I have to say Seemon Reed has become a star:twisted: Can anyone name other tennis journalists?:confused:

akv89
11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
If anyone had an excuse to be tired, it was Davydenko. He played three straight days to win the title. It's unfair to say that Davydenko only won because the others were tired.

Cantankersore
11-30-2009, 01:40 PM

Post of the thread. Well done good sir.