PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for 2010?

Buckethead
11-30-2009, 02:03 PM
What players are you guys thinking are going to improve more next year,and which ones are going to go down?

Buckethead
11-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I expect Lukas Kubot to be inside top 30
Ernests Gulbis to be top 20
Roddick to leave top 10
Milos Raonic ,Dimitrov to climb to top 100
Del Potro to number 2,or 1.
Federer to win maybe 2 GS ,or 1.
Cilic to be top 10
Nadal to be number 4,5.

I'm just going to include Davydenko in the top 5.

jamesblakefan#1
11-30-2009, 02:09 PM
It's really interesting looking at the spots 11-20, there aren't a lot of new up and comers in those spots. There's a lot of veterans there, and it's hard to say any of them can make the top 10. Cilic at #14 and Monfils at #13 could make the next step and become solid top 10ers.

I think Verdasco's going down next year. He had a great run at the AO and best year of his career, but once those AO pts fall off, it's going to be harder for him to make it further in draws. I don't see him moving any further up, so the only place to go is down.

Good news for us Americans - I think Querrey and Isner will both be top 20 by the end of this year, and Querrey could be top 10 depending on how he does early next year.

Overall I'm surprised at how few young guys are in the spots 11-20.

grafselesfan
11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Although I like Verdasco alot I see him going down. He cant seem to beat guys ranked above him even when he gives great efforts. He just isnt mentally strong enough. Even when he plays them and they play poorly like Djokovic at the U.S Open he still fails it seems. Plus defending that Australian Open semifinal result likely as a #9 seed and seeded to play a top 8 player in the round of 16. Dont like his chances.

I am still not completely sold on Soderling although he had a great TMC, especialy with that French Open final result to defend. Still I expect him to stay top 10 until then atleast as he has next to nothing to defend. The French Open points defense will be the telling point to if he can stay in the top 10 or not.

I have said this on another thread but I have a feeling this is the year Roddick falls out of the top 10. He has struggled massively on hard courts since Wimbledon. He has alot of very good hard court results to defend early next year, some surprisingly decent clay results, then the Wimbledon final. I dont see him doing it.

I could see Tsonga falling out of the top 10. He is playing pretty well but I dont see much progress in his game since that great Australian Open run. He has hardly any big results this year, the best ones being sort of flukish in nature (eg- his choke donated Canada quarterfinal win over Federer). He is definitely vurnerable to being passed by guys like Monfils, Cilic, Gonzalez, and others outside the top 10 now.

So there are 4 guys I could see dropping out of the top 10. Probably not all of them will but 2 or 3 of them easily could. Guys who are outside the top 10 now who have the potential to move in are Monfils, Cilic, and Gonzalez moving back in.

tudwell
11-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Nadal back to number one.

T1000
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Tsonga and Verdasco will leave the top 10.

Nadal will be 4 or 5, he won't defend all the hard court points this year imo.

Del Potro will be 2 in the world

Hewitt will be top 15

Dimitrov will be top 100

Blake will retire at the end of the year

grafselesfan
11-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Hewitt will be top 15

Dimitrov will be top 100

Other than Nadal I actually agree with all of those.

Tsonga#1fan
11-30-2009, 02:49 PM
I can't see Verdasco being top ten.
Roger probably two or three
Nadal three or four
I think Djokovic will rise to number one
del Potro a solid top four or five but not number one yet
Andy Roddick slipping to the very bottom of the top ten if he can even hold that
Murray slipping out of the top five but remaining top ten
Tsonga remaining top ten challenging for top five
Davydenko remaining hit and miss, remaining top ten but nothing any better
Soderling just a flash in the pan, bottom top ten, but probably not even that

I'd have to give some thought to those coming up to the top ten. There are alot of guys in the 11 through 20 spot who can emerge.

T1000
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Other than Nadal I actually agree with all of those.

Nadal has too many hard court points to defend, but he;ll probably make those up at RG and Wimby. Depends on how well he does there and if he can at least make the QF at the AO, IW, and Miami

Tsonga#1fan
11-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Dimitrov will be top 100

I think top 100 for Grigor is almost certain, maybe even considerably higher.

James Blake will hang on a couple of more years, he just won't do any damage.

T1000
11-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I think top 100 for Grigor is almost certain, maybe even considerably higher.

James Blake will hang on a couple of more years, he just won't do any damage.

James is getting pretty tired and is probably done after this year. He doesn't have the drive to win the titles anymore and is falling behind the top guys quickly. I'm gonna get a chance to talk to him over Christmas break because he hits at my club and I know his mom very well. I almost always get to talk to him then and sometimes hit with him so I might have a better answer then

Rhino
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
It's funny, if Roddick had actually won that Wimbledon final; and we are talking just a couple of better points played in that tiebreak or not getting broken at the end of the 5th, everybody would have a totally different take on him. That's tennis I guess.

Tsonga#1fan
11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
James is getting pretty tired and is probably done after this year. He doesn't have the drive to win the titles anymore and is falling behind the top guys quickly. I'm gonna get a chance to talk to him over Christmas break because he hits at my club and I know his mom very well. I almost always get to talk to him then and sometimes hit with him so I might have a better answer then

Lucky you! I am a big fan of James Blake, have seen him in two exhibitions in my area. He seems like one great guy. I'd love him to continue on, but would be thrilled if he could regain his old form although that doesn't appear likely.

Tsonga#1fan
11-30-2009, 03:25 PM
It's funny, if Roddick had actually won that Wimbledon final; and we are talking just a couple of better points played in that tiebreak or not getting broken at the end of the 5th, everybody would have a totally different take on him. That's tennis I guess.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be that that loss took the wind out of his sails, and I'm not sure if he can bounce back. I hope I am wrong.

flying24
11-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Here are some of my predictions:

-Federer will win 2 slam and stay at #1 the whole year.

-Del Potro will win atleast 1 slam, will win his first Masters title sometime before the French Open, and will rise to #2 by years end.

-Nadal will go slamless, with 1 of Del Potro, Djokovic, or Federer taking the French instead. He will win only 1 Masters title (on clay) and drop to #4 or #5 based on consistency.

-Djokovic will yet again end the year #3, win atleast 1 Masters title, but probably wont take a slam.

-Murray will drop out of the top 5.

-Soderling will stay in the top 8 and remain a dangerous player.

-Roddick will fall just outside the top 10 at years end.

-Davydenko will get first win over Blake, remain in the top 6 or 7, maybe return to the top 5, and will win atleast 1 more Masters. Outside shot of getting the elusive Slam title but probably not.

-Querrey will enter the top 15, and Isner the top 25.

-One of James Blake or Donald Young will retire.

I might as well give some womens predictions:

-the Belgian girls will win 3 of the 4 slams.

-Maria will be back contending.

-The soon to be 30 year old Venus's results will fall down everywhere, even at Wimbledon where she will lose well before the finals. She will be talking about retirement by years end.

-Safina will fall off the radar completely.

-Jankovic and Ivanovic will make comebacks to form, especialy Ivanovic.

-Wozniacki will continue her rise, Azarenka will decline.

-Oudin will have a sophomore slump but be on the way back in 2010.

-Serena wont end the year #1 again.

doublebreak
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
- JMDP gets to #1.
- Nadal retires on 2nd half of the year due to his chronic knee problem.
- Federer ends SF streak in GS by loosing on 1st week of a GS, I'm gonna go with the FO.
- Murray gets 1st GS title.

oy vey
11-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Djokovic will have a good 2010 and win a slam. Djok and Nadal will trade rankings. Fed will get one GS but he won't get any master's. There will be four different GS winners.

Mr. Tennis
11-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Nadal-FO
Murray-Wimbledon
Del Potro-US Open
Del Portro- AO

Grigor#1fan
11-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Grigor Dimitrov meets Roger Federer in a major tournament, and takes him the distance in three (five if a slam) close sets. After, Roger proclaims Dimitrov a future star. By USO Grigor will be top 100.

dantheman
11-30-2009, 07:01 PM
nadal 2>4
delpony 5>8
roddick 7>6
davydenko 6 >5
federer 1>1
novak 3>2
murray 4>3
wawrinka 21>10
tsonga 10>9
gulbis 91>32
nishikori 98(protected)>44
blake 42>26
querrey 25>14
cilic 14>11
monfil 12>8

flyinghippos101
11-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Nadal-FO
Murray-Wimbledon
Del Potro-US Open
Del Portro- AO

Murray pushing his way to a wimbledon title while guys like Federer and Nadal still have legs?

I don't know if this prediciton is bold or just stupid.:confused:

kishnabe
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Nadal to win the US open. Federer to win the French Open. Soderling to win Australian open. Roddick to win wimbledon for sentimental reasons. Delpo consistenly in the semi's. Murray disspears from the Radar. Marat Safin back in tennis( I'd Hope). Verdasco to drop to top 30. Gael monfils in the semi's of the French Open. And all the randomness of 2009 multiplies by 20.

grafselesfan
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Nadal to win the US open. Federer to win the French Open. Soderling to win Australian open. Roddick to win wimbledon for sentimental reasons. Delpo consistenly in the semi's. Murray disspears from the Radar. Marat Safin back in tennis( I'd Hope). Verdasco to drop to top 30. Gael monfils in the semi's of the French Open. And all the randomness of 2009 multiplies by 20.

Predictions or a wish list?

Mdubb23
11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
End of 2010:

1. Roger Federer
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Juan Martin Del Potro
4. Rafael Nadal
5. Andy Roddick
6. Nikolay Davydenko
7. Andy Murray
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
9. Robin Soderling
10. Gael Monfils

Ripster
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
End of 2010:

1. Roger Federer
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Juan Martin Del Potro
4. Rafael Nadal
5. Andy Roddick
6. Nikolay Davydenko
7. Andy Murray
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
9. Robin Soderling
10. Gael Monfils

I don't think there's much of a chance of Murray falling to #7. I'd be very surprised if he dropped out of the top 5. Despite his disappointing GS record this season he's done well at the Masters and 500 level. He'll improve on his Australian and US Open results and I think he'll maintain his French quarterfinal and Wimbledon semifinal.

akv89
11-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I predict that Federer's consecutive SF record will end in 2010 now that players ranked outside the top 4 are consistent threats to Federer.

As for the rankings,

1. Federer
2. Djokovic
3. Nadal
4. Del Potro
5. Murray
6. Davydenko
7. Roddick
8. Cilic
9. Soderling
10. Nalbandian

Hewitt will be in the top 15
Nishikori will be in the top 40

Australian Open: Federer/Murray
Roland Garros: Nadal
Wimbledon: Federer
US Open: Djokovic

jamesblakefan#1
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't think Davydenko's going to make the surge everyone is predicting next year. He's not getting any younger, and it's very rare if ever that a guy goes to the next level in this stage of his career. I think it's more likely that he finishes next year out of the top 10 than inside the top 5. People are a bit overzealous, IMO, based on one good week.

tudwell
11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Another prediction: Federer's grand slam semifinal streak will end, probably with an early round upset at one of the hardcourt slams.

OddJack
11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
1=Rodge
2=Djoker
3=Murray
4=Nadal
5=Del Potro
6=Davy
7=Soder
8=Tsonga
9=Cilic
10=Verdasco

Buckethead
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
I still expect Federer to fail to make one GS semi-final at least next year.

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 10:49 AM
My predictions for the rankings:

1. Federer- 1 or 2 slams
2. Nadal- 1 slam
3. Djokovic- maybe 1 slam, overall good steady results
4. Del Potro- maybe 1 slam, a first Masters for sure
5. Murray- slamless year again though
6. Cilic- due for a rise
7. Davydenko- if he is going to sneak out the elusive slam it will have to be soon, probably wont happen though
8. Monfils- also on the rise
9 and 10- any combination of Tsonga, Gonzalez, Roddick, Soderling, or Verdasco

malakas
12-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Grigor Dimitrov completes the Grand Slam.
Simon Reed changes sex and proposes to Murray.
Nadal starts playing with red nose to complete the clown outfit.
Federer becomes a mormon,fathers triplets,and retires from tennis to start a cow farm in the Alps.
Agassi writes a sequel where he admits he's actually an alien but we shouldn't hold it against him.
And finally Safin gets bored and makes a comeback.:)

CMM
12-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Grigor Dimitrov completes the Grand Slam.
Simon Reed changes sex and proposes to Murray.
Nadal starts playing with red nose to complete the clown outfit.
Federer becomes a mormon,fathers triplets,and retires from tennis to start a cow farm in the Alps.
Agassi writes a sequel where he admits he's actually an alien but we shouldn't hold it against him.
And finally Safin gets bored and makes a comeback.:)
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/551/clownv.jpg

malakas
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/551/clownv.jpg

hehe see?First one already came true!!!:D :cool:

coachajs
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
i generally agree
djokovic, del potro and davydenko have the most momentum
federer still has a lot of motivation to pass the 286 week #1 record

I see cilic having a good year probably top ten.
bagdhatis and youzhny might make fairly serious runs at top ten.
tsonga still has the potential
and soderling still has a ton of confidence
by current trends I would envision a top ten finish of 2010 as

1. Del Potro
2. Djokovic
3. Federer
4. Nadal
5. Davydenko
6. Murray
7. Tsonga
8. Soderling
9. Gonzalez
10. Cilic

ps don't see Del Potro taking the top spot till the fall hard court season, when he should establish his dominance. Federer wll break Sampras' 286 record in 2010.

mtr1
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
End of 2010:

1. Federer (Wimbledon, USO)
2. Djokovic (FO)
3. Murray (AO)
4. Del Potro
5. Nadal
6. Davydenko
7. Roddick
8. Monfils
9. Tsonga
10. Simon

Hewitt and Wawrinka are Top 15, Gulbis retires to Sweden and opens a brothel.

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-15-2009, 01:27 PM
1-2. Federer
1-2. Djokovic
3. del Potro
4-5. Davydenko
4-5. Murray
6-7. Söderling
6-7. Nadal
8. Cilic
9. Hewitt
10. Gonzalez
wild cards: gulbis, nalbandian, youzhny, kubot,tsonga, monfils, Simon, bhagdatis, stepanek, Harrison, ferrer(o), almagro if he ever gets his act together, but I said gulbis didn't I....

norbac
12-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Zverev will reach top 30.

JoshDragon
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Lucky you! I am a big fan of James Blake, have seen him in two exhibitions in my area. He seems like one great guy. I'd love him to continue on, but would be thrilled if he could regain his old form although that doesn't appear likely.

Agreed, I'd love to have a chance to hit with Blake.:(

P_Agony
12-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I expect:

- Tsonga to drop out of the top 10, as well as Simon (if it hasn't happenned already).
- Cilic to enter the top 10. Gonzo and Monfils will battle for the last spot in the top 10. Cilic will reach a slam semi final.
- Fed, Nadal, Djoko, Murray, Davy, Delpo, Roddick, Soderling will all stay at the top 10 for the whole year.
- Nadal will win at least one slam, and Murray will win his first. Djokovic will finish the year without slams. Federer will win 1 slam.
- Del Potro will not live up to his USO standards.
- Hewitt will be very close to the top 10, and will have his best season in a long time.
- Nalbandian will announce his retirment, Blake might too.

CMM
12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Someone should ask Federer. I'm sure that he already knows what's going to happen.

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Monfils will lose top 10 to Gonzo after going up 6-2 5-0 40-0 on him then trying to celebrate by jumping the net and paralyzing himself (slipping on Gonzalez's broken racket)

CMM
12-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Monfils will lose top 10 to Gonzo after going up 6-2 5-0 40-0 on him then trying to celebrate by jumping the net and paralyzingly himself.

:shock: ................

Buckethead
01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
As i said before,Nadal will fall out of top 5,he is figured out,played his best,but even playing his best ,at this moment is not enough.There are a lot of players who can beat him now,and the only top player he [layed in the tournament he took another spank,and let's be honest davidenko completely deserved it,just look at the shots he made,Nadal only wins points on peoples mistakes.
No more excuses,because he trained hard,more than anybody else,and again Davidenko was he one who decided the match in his racket.

matchmaker
01-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Nadal will have a reasonably good year, but not on the level of 2008.
Federer will be there, but come short on certain occasions.

I think they are both a little in search for motivation, already having reached the main goals of their carreer.

Djokovic should come through, Delpo will confirm his rise to the top and Davy will reverse his choking tendencies. Roddick will have one hot streak, but be quite invisible the rest of the year.

These are the tendencies, but the problem is there are only 4 slams. So some people will come short of the track that has been set for them.

raging
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Good analysis from matchmaker!
I actually think Nadal will finish top 3 again, he won't be as great as 2008 but he will come back, reach semis at all the slams. He is still that good. Today he moved up the court in the first 2 sets and was attacking and pushing Davy all over the place. Winning the first set so easy cost him in the end but you can draw no conclusions from this match except that he lost his way after dominating and trying to play a style of tennis he is not used to. However this style can help him over 5 sets where his superior endurance comes into play. It is in the Majors, playing in the world of pain that he loves! Full credit to Davy for hanging in and still being able to get there in the end. Can he do it in 5 sets at the Oz Open?? Can't wait to find out.

Federer has actually more to lose/defend in terms of points- he made 4 slam finals last year - over 10,000 points! Huge Year again. 2010 will be tougher.He is really going to have to re-motivate but if anything he loves the slams (he should do,he has the best record!) But he is the hunted now and he knows it. The pressure is enormous but he is chasing history and his destiny, we get to watch a great player get greater.
I think Djoko can really improve,he has little to defend this year. Delpo has a good chance at Oz Open and US Open again, he can play better at Wimbledon. Robin Soderling is about due to break through and take a slam, he has the sort of game that hits Nadal and lots of guys off the court now. There are lots of players that can do that now but then they are doing it to Federer too!
I think players such as guys, Murray, Roddick, Tsonga, Monfils, Gonzo, Cilic, even Verdasco (who everybody thinks has forgotten how to play)...they are all good for an upset...deep runs into slams, especially at the start of the year. There are lots more and every new player makes it so interesting.

That is why 2010 will be an exciting year for men's tennis - lots of guys challenging and some new guys breaking through. The dominance of Nadal and Federer is over but that could not continue. Their rivalry has forced the others to watch and learn and those that have learnt the most from them will win big this year.

rjg007
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Nadal and Federer will jostle between each other for the number 1 spot, 3,4,5 will be contested by Murray, Del Potro and Davydenko, with Del Potro getting 3 at the end of the year, Murray 4 and Davy 5. Djoko will drop to 6 (I don't rate him much) and I think we will see Cilic slip into the top 10. Roddick will have some good tournaments but will end the year near the edge of top 10, say 8 or 9. I hope Gulbis starts to come good, I think he has potential. For the Grand Slams I predict
-Aus = Davydenko (if he can hold his nerve) if he cant then Fed.
-French = Nadal written all over it.
-Wimbledon = I think a Fed-Murray final, to close to call
-US = Del Potro-Murray final with Murray winning out for his 1st/2nd G.S

This year the womens will be dominated by Clijsters and Henin. Safina will drop down into 5-7 in world. Clijsters to get world no.1 by end of the year. Serena will challenge and maybe win one grand slam, imo most likely Aus Open. Henin to make top 5.
End of year:
1= Clijsters
2= Serena
3= Henin
4= Wozniacki
5= Dementieva
Laura Robson to break top 250 and to get past the first round of a grand slam. We will see good things from Melanie Oudin aswell.

I also think that we may find a new star player for the future this year, I feel that it may come more from the mens side as there are currently many good young ladies coming through the ranks - Lisciki, Oudin, Robson.

namelessone
01-09-2010, 02:14 PM
As i said before,Nadal will fall out of top 5,he is figured out,played his best,but even playing his best ,at this moment is not enough.There are a lot of players who can beat him now,and the only top player he [layed in the tournament he took another spank,and let's be honest davidenko completely deserved it,just look at the shots he made,Nadal only wins points on peoples mistakes.
No more excuses,because he trained hard,more than anybody else,and again Davidenko was he one who decided the match in his racket.

First bolded line: Correction,there are a lot of players who can beat him ON HC and it has been that way since 2004 at least. Nothing new.

Second bolded line: he took a spanking while bageling Davydenko:confused:

Third bolded line: It was on davy's racket so much that afterwards the russian said that he didn't believe he could win. And I don't blame him: Nadal bageled him,pushed him to a tiebreaker in the second,had 2 MP's and had a chance for double break in the third set. Basically Davy did to Nadal what Nadal did to Nalbandian in IW 09'. If Nadal had converted one MP or one of those BP's at 15-40 in the third the match wouldn't have been "on Davydenko's racket"

joeri888
01-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Nadal will finish in the top 2 in the world
Federer will win at least 1 Slam
Spain will win the Davis Cup
Soderling will stay top 10, Verdasco will fall out.
Hewitt and Haas will be top 20 material again.
Djokovic will somewhere during the season finally become no. 2 or 1 in the world
Federer will not retire this season
The French will not break through again.

Buckethead
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
First bolded line: Correction,there are a lot of players who can beat him ON HC and it has been that way since 2004 at least. Nothing new.

Second bolded line: he took a spanking while bageling Davydenko:confused:

Third bolded line: It was on davy's racket so much that afterwards the russian said that he didn't believe he could win. And I don't blame him: Nadal bageled him,pushed him to a tiebreaker in the second,had 2 MP's and had a chance for double break in the third set. Basically Davy did to Nadal what Nadal did to Nalbandian in IW 09'. If Nadal had converted one MP or one of those BP's at 15-40 in the third the match wouldn't have been "on Davydenko's racket"
This thread isn't about match results,but about what we can think and guess that will happen based in how the players are playing the game,developing,training etc...
But are you calling Nadal a fragile player mentally like Nalbandian??
That match you mentioned Nalbandian lost because of his bad conditioning and because his mental weakness.
Today's match was different,whenever the 2 of them played their best,Davydenko won,proving that Nadal doesn't decide matches against some players,because both being in the same level,Davydenko won.
Also the 80% of the best points of that match,and 80% of the clean winners ,one hit one point ,came out of Davydenko's racket,again proving that Nadal can't decide points,unless his opponents make the mistakes,or are induced to it.
I created another thread,to just talk about Nadal's game,weaknesses and strengths.
Check it out!

namelessone
01-09-2010, 04:58 PM
This thread isn't about match results,but about what we can think and guess that will happen based in how the players are playing the game,developing,training etc...
But are you calling Nadal a fragile player mentally like Nalbandian??
That match you mentioned Nalbandian lost because of his bad conditioning and because his mental weakness.
Today's match was different,whenever the 2 of them played their best,Davydenko won,proving that Nadal doesn't decide matches against some players,because both being in the same level,Davydenko won.
Also the 80% of the best points of that match,and 80% of the clean winners ,one hit one point ,came out of Davydenko's racket,again proving that Nadal can't decide points,unless his opponents make the mistakes,or are induced to it.
I created another thread,to just talk about Nadal's game,weaknesses and strengths.
Check it out!

80% of the best points come out of Davy's racket? How did you come up with that stat? Look up the stats for this match,Nadal leads in almost all of them. If he had made one or two shots he would have been the winner against a fine davydenko.
Regarding matchups: Davydenko is a bad matchup for him on HC but he doesn't have the match on his racket all the time,no one does except God-mode Federer(or maybe God-mode Nadal ala RG 08'). If Nadal waited out for his opponents to make a mistake he wouldn't be in the top ten,let alone a multiple GS and MS winner. Nadal grinds out opponents with deep spinny shots or angled shots until:

1)they win the point
2)they make a error
3)they drop a ball short which Nadal usually turns into a winner

Guess what,options two and three is what happens to most of Nadal's opponents because Nadal's spin screws up their game. HC favours his opponents because Nadal can't grind there,he has no time to setup his shots and the spin is negated by the concrete.
What you described is a pusher,and a pusher certainly doesn't win 6 GS and 15 MS just by waiting for his opponent to make a mistake. Nadal's game is counterpunching,it isn't designed to hit winners on the second or third ball,it's designed to glitch the other guys game.

MethodTennis
01-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Roddick to leave top 10
Cilic to be top 10
Nadal to be number 4,5.

everything in blue was written while high

MethodTennis
01-09-2010, 05:11 PM

This thread would have taken the direction of

Roddick back to number 2 or 3 and to win us open

personally I see gonzo in top 10

hewitt back up there with a real chance at masters

and davy to slide after Q1

bladepdb
01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
AO - Davydenko
FO - Davydenko
Wimby - Roddick
USO - Davydenko

MethodTennis
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
AO - Davydenko
FO - Davydenko
Wimby - Roddick
USO - Davydenko

is this what you want or what you think

cos ill be honest ill give you what i think and what i want want

AO- Roddick
FO- Roddick
SW19- Roddick
USO- Roddick

what i think will happen

AO- Roddick
FO- Nadal
SW19-Federer
USO- Federer

MethodTennis
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Someone should ask Federer. I'm sure that he already knows what's going to happen.

Yeah decided which ones he was going to win and which ones he was going to give someone else a go a few days before Christmas

tennisfu
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Federer will remain number 1 because he's federer and that's what he does. Soderling will not win a major. I repeat, Soderling will not win a major EVER! Djokovic will have a good shot at winning a major but will choke it away. Same goes for Murray. Nadal will regain his status as the French Open champion. Justine Henin will grab the number one ranking again and Kim Clisters will be number two. On the men's side,

Federer at 1
Djokovic at 2
Nadal at 3
Murray at 4
Roddick at 5
Del Potro at 6
Kuznetsova at 7

Nadal will start the year poorly, break a racquet, and suddenly start playing way better just in time for the French Open.

tennisfu
01-09-2010, 06:00 PM
wow that last post seemed both knowledgeable and funny. Good job tennisfu!

MethodTennis
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
more manly kuznetzova or the incredible hulk?

10isDad
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Federer will remain number 1 because he's federer and that's what he does. Soderling will not win a major. I repeat, Soderling will not win a major EVER! Djokovic will have a good shot at winning a major but will choke it away. Same goes for Murray. Nadal will regain his status as the French Open champion. Justine Henin will grab the number one ranking again and Kim Clisters will be number two. On the men's side,

Federer at 1
Djokovic at 2
Nadal at 3
Murray at 4
Roddick at 5
Del Potro at 6
Kuznetsova at 7

Nadal will start the year poorly, break a racquet, and suddenly start playing way better just in time for the French Open.

That's funny!!!

bladepdb
01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
is this what you want or what you think

cos ill be honest ill give you what i think and what i want want

AO- Roddick
FO- Roddick
SW19- Roddick
USO- Roddick

what i think will happen

AO- Roddick
FO- Nadal
SW19-Federer
USO- Federer

Nah I wasn't serious with my earlier post. I don't think Davy will take those slams nor do I care for him to.

Want:
AO - Really close between Nadal and Roddick
FO - Nadal
Wimby - Roddick...it's finally his time
USO - Djokovic

Think:
Fed 2 slams out of 3 (exclude FO...FO = Nadal for sure). Remaining slam goes to either Nadal or Djokovic. If Davydenko is to win a slam, it will be AO or nothing. AO to continue his hot streak; USO is his second best chance but I think he'll be upset there.

Justin Side
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM

Good stuff.

rjg007
01-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Can i bring this post to peoples attention. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=306928.
Its for a fantasy tennis league for the Australian Open which is free to play, I have set up a league for TW users. If you are interested click on the link and the details are there for it.
Thanks

Buckethead
01-26-2010, 06:53 AM
As i said Nadal to lose the Aussie Open,lose number 2,fall to number 4,5,Roddick to fall out of top 10,Cilic to top 10.
it's happening.
I didn't forget about Fed missing one semi-finals this year,it will still happen,and it may be tonight,i hope not.

aprilfool
01-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Calender slam, one ms for Fed.

Tennis_Maestro
01-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Australian Open - Murray
French Open - Nadal/Federer
Wimbledon - Federer
US Open - Murray

Buckethead
01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Roddick to leave top 10
Cilic to be top 10
Nadal to be number 4,5.

Man i already got half of it??
Nadal 4,Cilic top 10,Fed one GS,Davydenko close to number 5,and Roddick falling.
Nadal will not win a single Master on HC,and will be in a couple of months number 5,6,possibly regain number 5 after Wimbledom,that he will be knocked out in the quarters,and knocked out in the quarters as well at US Open.
He won't make a semis in Indian Wells,neither Miami,he will lose all his clay tournaments to Djokovic,Federer,Del Potro,davydenko.
Murray,will be number 4,Del Potro will win a GS again,and a couple of Masters Series.

DoubleDeuce
01-31-2010, 09:03 PM
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/oddjack/top10.png

martini1
01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Wozniacki will win a slam.
Nadal playing Federer in another slam final.
If Federer wins he could get his first CYGS.

deltox
02-01-2010, 04:27 AM
my predictions in 2010 are simple.
Isner to top 10 by the week after wimbledon

verdasco outside the top 15 by wimbledon

henin wins french without dropping a set

and finally roger wins 2 of the 4 slams this year

deltox
02-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Nadal 4,Cilic top 10,Fed one GS,Davydenko close to number 5,and Roddick falling.
Nadal will not win a single Master on HC,and will be in a couple of months number 5,6,possibly regain number 5 after Wimbledom,that he will be knocked out in the quarters,and knocked out in the quarters as well at US Open.
He won't make a semis in Indian Wells,neither Miami,he will lose all his clay tournaments to Djokovic,Federer,Del Potro,davydenko.
Murray,will be number 4,Del Potro will win a GS again,and a couple of Masters Series.

i dont see enough younger talent in the mix right now to push roddick outside the top 10 this year (better do it before the summer hardcourt season), otherwise i see alot of your stuff coming true

hoodjem
02-01-2010, 04:31 AM
This is Fed's year. He will win all four slams.

This will demonstrate either how great he is or how weak the current field is, or both.

Buckethead
02-01-2010, 07:11 AM
This is Fed's year. He will win all four slams.

This will demonstrate either how great he is or how weak the current field is, or both.

Yeah it better be this year,he needs to take advantage of this year,because i think next year will be the turning point where he will lose his number one definitively.
I still think he will miss a GS semi finals this year,but i hope not.

Buckethead
02-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Nah I wasn't serious with my earlier post. I don't think Davy will take those slams nor do I care for him to.

Want:
AO - Really close between Nadal and Roddick
FO - Nadal
Wimby - Roddick...it's finally his time
USO - Djokovic

Think:
Fed 2 slams out of 3 (exclude FO...FO = Nadal for sure). Remaining slam goes to either Nadal or Djokovic. If Davydenko is to win a slam, it will be AO or nothing. AO to continue his hot streak; USO is his second best chance but I think he'll be upset there.
I'm glad you were not serious about your first prediction.

PSNELKE
02-01-2010, 07:55 AM
FO:Federer def Nadal
Wimby:Federer Roddick
USO:Cilic def Federer

nadal fall out the top 5
cilic in top 5
del potro winning atp worldtourfinals

JoshDragon
02-01-2010, 11:30 AM
FO:Federer def Nadal
Wimby:Federer Roddick
USO:Cilic def Federer

nadal fall out the top 5
cilic in top 5
del potro winning atp worldtourfinals

Federer played Nadal 4 times at the French Open and he lost every single time. How will this year be any different?

jamesblakefan#1
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Federer played Nadal 4 times at the French Open and he lost every single time. How will this year be any different?

Nadal's not invincible at the French anymore, and Fed has the increased confidence due to his FO win last year. And it's not like Fed got spanked every year, outside of 08 all of their matches have been competitive at the French.

Not saying that Fed would win, just saying that it's not out of the realm of possibility. And Nadal's injury woes definitely make him vunerable, even on clay.

Buckethead
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM

It hurts my eyes to read posts like this one.
I'm not gonna use any offensive words,but think a little with me,i will guide you through,ok?
Look,DelPotro played Federer so many times before,and then guess what now he can beat Federer ,he can outplay Federer like he did in their last 2 meetings.

Same thing with Nadal,Del Potro is favorite in matches against Nadal.

Federer VS Davydenko?same thing Davydenko can beat Federer
Davydenko VS Nadal?Davydenko has beaten Nadal a few times,and actually destroyed him in 2 of the of their latest 3 matches.

Bottom line?
Tennis players evolve,they get better,learn about strategy,develop their games.
With the exception of Nadal,it's clear that everybody else got better,ans the results are appearing.
Please think before you write something about a subject you don't know.

Kostas
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM

lol do you even watch tennis?

Buckethead
05-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Every record has its end,and i think the semi finals streak will end this year in RG.Fed clearly is not taking it the way it should've been so i am quite sure he will lose before the semis in RG.

Buckethead
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Every record has its end,and i think the semi finals streak will end this year in RG.Fed clearly is not taking it the way it should've been so i am quite sure he will lose before the semis in RG.

Here is the proof,I knew it was going to happen this.Soderling just destroyed Federer.Nothing Federer could've done and Fed played really well but soderling was a better.
If Soderling goes to the final,he is Champion.

dmt
06-01-2010, 11:29 AM

we can already see your poor tennis predictions here, nadal was not going to reach the semis in indian wells and miami right? nadal was going to lose "all" of his clay court masters?

Its obvious you dont have a clue, you are just a hater.

Buckethead
06-01-2010, 11:39 AM
we can already see your poor tennis predictions here, nadal was not going to reach the semis in indian wells and miami right? nadal was going to lose "all" of his clay court masters?

Its obvious you dont have a clue, you are just a hater.
yeah,I don't.
If Del Potro,Davydenko and some other players were on tour and others out of form were in form ,what I said would've happened and it would've been a different story.
He escaped from that.But this is only the Clay season.
Soderling will win RG this year.

dmt
06-01-2010, 11:43 AM
rubbish. Nadal was suppose to lose his clay masters to federer right? So what happened, did nadal just get lucky against nadal? lol. Even if del potro and davydenko had been fine, nadal still would have won all the clay court masters.

OddJack
08-14-2010, 09:27 PM
1=Rodge
2=Djoker
3=Murray
4=Nadal
5=Del Potro
6=Davy
7=Soder
8=Tsonga
9=Cilic
10=Verdasco

Not too bad, except for cilic, top 10 are there

jamesblakefan#1
08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
It's really interesting looking at the spots 11-20, there aren't a lot of new up and comers in those spots. There's a lot of veterans there, and it's hard to say any of them can make the top 10. Cilic at #14 and Monfils at #13 could make the next step and become solid top 10ers.

A year later, Cilic at #13 and Monfils going backwards....no.

I think Verdasco's going down next year. He had a great run at the AO and best year of his career, but once those AO pts fall off, it's going to be harder for him to make it further in draws. I don't see him moving any further up, so the only place to go is down.

Unfortunately no.

Good news for us Americans - I think Querrey and Isner will both be top 20 by the end of this year, and Querrey could be top 10 depending on how he does early next year.

Yes and yes.

I don't think Davydenko's going to make the surge everyone is predicting next year. He's not getting any younger, and it's very rare if ever that a guy goes to the next level in this stage of his career. I think it's more likely that he finishes next year out of the top 10 than inside the top 5. People are a bit overzealous, IMO, based on one good week.

Another correct prediction, though injury did play a role in this one. Davy hasn't been the same player since the wrist injury.

norbac
08-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Zverev has had a horrible year....:( I had high expectations for him, but it seems he'd be better off playing doubled with Youzhny.....

Buckethead
11-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Ernests Gulbis to be top 20----------
Roddick to leave top 10--------------
Milos Raonic ,Dimitrov to climb to top 100-
Cilic to be top 10
Nadal to be number 4,5.

Well, Gulbis was almost top 20, Roddick had been out of top 10 for a while, but finished in the top 10., Milos Raonic and Dimitrov(almost there) was wrong,Del; Potro didn't play, Fed did win one major,, Cilic and Nadal's prediction completely wrong.

Hewitt will be top 15

Dimitrov will be top 100

Del Potro didn't play this year, you almost got Dimitrov's right, Blake is close to retirement,, Nadal far wrong,
I can't see Verdasco being top ten.
Roger probably two or three----- spot on
Nadal three or four-----wrong
I think Djokovic will rise to number one----far wrong
del Potro a solid top four or five but not number one yet-----Del Po didn't play
Andy Roddick slipping to the very bottom of the top ten if he can even hold that---spot on
Murray slipping out of the top five but remaining top ten----almost right
Tsonga remaining top ten challenging for top five---wrong
Davydenko remaining hit and miss, remaining top ten but nothing any better----Almost right, if He hadn't had that many problems
Soderling just a flash in the pan, bottom top ten, but probably not even that----wrong, He is a strong top 5.

I'd have to give some thought to those coming up to the top ten. There are alot of guys in the 11 through 20 spot who can emerge.
----Youzhny
Here are some of my predictions:

-Federer will win 2 slam and stay at #1 the whole year.---50% right

-Del Potro will win atleast 1 slam, will win his first Masters title sometime before the French Open, and will rise to #2 by years end.-----He DNP

-Nadal will go slamless, with 1 of Del Potro, Djokovic, or Federer taking the French instead. He will win only 1 Masters title (on clay) and drop to #4 or #5 based on consistency.-------totaly wrong

-Djokovic will yet again end the year #3, win atleast 1 Masters title, but probably wont take a slam. ------------ 100% right

-Murray will drop out of the top 5.------wrong

-Soderling will stay in the top 8 and remain a dangerous player.----right

-Roddick will fall just outside the top 10 at years end.--------wrong

-Davydenko will get first win over Blake, remain in the top 6 or 7, maybe return to the top 5, and will win atleast 1 more Masters. Outside shot of getting the elusive Slam title but probably not.--------wrong

-Querrey will enter the top 15, and Isner the top 25.------- 50% right

-One of James Blake or Donald Young will retire.------it may still happen

I might as well give some womens predictions:

-the Belgian girls will win 3 of the 4 slams.------- 25% right

-Maria will be back contending.---------right

-The soon to be 30 year old Venus's results will fall down everywhere, even at Wimbledon where she will lose well before the finals. She will be talking about retirement by years end.------------right

-Safina will fall off the radar completely.--------right

-Jankovic and Ivanovic will make comebacks to form, especialy Ivanovic.------right

-Wozniacki will continue her rise, Azarenka will decline.------ 50% right

-Oudin will have a sophomore slump but be on the way back in 2010.-----wrong

-Serena wont end the year #1 again.----------right
great job overall.
nadal 2>4
delpony 5>8-------wrong
roddick 7>6------almost right
davydenko 6 >5--------wrong
federer 1>1---------wrong
novak 3>2------almost right
murray 4>3-------almost right
wawrinka 21>10--------wrong