PDA

View Full Version : Davydenko is a a funny dude!

zidane339
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
(Sorry if repost) taken from Tennis.com, an interview with Davy..funny comments...didn't know he's no longer sponsored? Shame, he's better than Monfils who is sponsored by Prince.

Quotes from Nikolay Davydenko during his run to the ATP World Tour Finals title:

On whether he can now win a Grand Slam: "If Grand Slams become best-of-three sets, yes."

On bookmakers having put long odds on him to win the event: "Bad luck, you know. I think I put money of me before this tournament, make more money, double prize money." (He's joking. Probably.)

On what he'll do with the prize money: "I want to buy apartment still. I didn't buy apartment in Moscow. Still expensive. I wait. Maybe start to be cheaper. But this is one million is not enough."

On the national impact of his win: "I hope after this tournament I become more famous in Russia. For me it's really important. I know always I was disappoint[ed] really [when] in Moscow I play against Marat. Mostly, like 80%, support Safin."

On beating Roger Federer after 12 straight losses: " I think all my family, everybody who support me, wait for this moment when I can beat Federer, because I beat everyone in top 10 except Federer. Yeah, I was thinking it coming maybe 2010 or '11. But in 2009, end of the season, it's good feeling."

On why he doesn't have a racquet endorsement: "Because Prince [has] no money. Crisis. I know Prince give everything to Sharapova and no money anymore."

On Juan Martin del Potro: "Del Potro, nice guy. You know, we talking together, practicing together sometimes."

On Robin Soderling: "Soderling maybe nice guy. I don't speak with him so much, you know. I don't know. I have not so many contact with Sweden"

On whether he slept alone after a late match: "I have wife. Come on, come on. What do you want, two girls, three girls, four girls?... I am a Russian, but I'm not Safin."

BigSkyChamp
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
"On what he'll do with the prize money: "I want to buy apartment still. I didn't buy apartment in Moscow. Still expensive. I wait. Maybe start to be cheaper. But this is one million is not enough.""

What? is he like the stingiest man in the universe? He's freaking LOADED!

2009 Current
$3,659,160

$13,239,499
*Singles & Doubles combined

Mustard
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
That last one is hilarious, almost Safin-like in its humour :lol:

federer_FREAK
11-30-2009, 02:30 PM
He's the man. The sharapova one was great.

hemat23
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
On why he doesn't have a racquet endorsement: "Because Prince [has] no money. Crisis. I know Prince give everything to Sharapova and no money anymore."

Brilliant :twisted:

RafaNike
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Those are some hilarious quotes

T1000
11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
the last one and the sharapova one are the best

Mick
11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
i like the one "i'm russian but i'm not safin" :)

IvanAndreevich
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Last one = WIN

Toxicmilk
11-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a really nice and funny dude. Wish we got to see more of this.

jimbo333
11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
He is cool, I'd like to see him win a Grand Slam tournament:)

RafaBrain
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I like Davydenko better than Joker.

JeMar
11-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Is he really not sponsored anymore? That's so weak.

This is him in Shanghai:

http://ontennis.com/files/images/nikolay-davydenko-shanghai-masters2009-01_0.jpg

rk_sports
11-30-2009, 05:19 PM
LOL! that was funny .. the maria one and the safin one :))

MarrratSafin
11-30-2009, 05:25 PM
ROFLMAO! The Sharapova one and the last one with russians, girls and Marat are simply priceless.:lol:

TennisNinja
11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for a laugh, I'm liking Davydenko more and more.

35ft6
11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
All Russians are funny. I think. Trying to think of a Russian I've met who didn't have a sly sense of dark humor... Can't think of one. Even the girls are amusing.

zidane339
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Glad everyone is getting a good laugh, I know I did. I think the first quote is funny, at least he can be realistic with himself, lol.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Just imagine how terrible it would be to grow up, live in Russia. I say they get a get out of jail for being weird card that can be cashed in multiple times.

stormholloway
11-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Davydenko is a guy to cheer for.

kishnabe
11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks very good homour. Nice way to bring up russians.

featherlight
11-30-2009, 09:18 PM
thanks for posting the quotes

sh@de
12-01-2009, 12:13 AM
HAHAHAHAH he's so funny! LOL who said he's not interesting... :D

Love it!

jimbo333
12-01-2009, 08:57 AM
There is clearly a great marketing opportunity on Davydenko, and I'm surprised a large sponsor hasn't taken it up!

malakas
12-01-2009, 09:09 AM
roflmao!:mrgreen: He mentions Marat a lot doesn't he?hehe

I believe that Davy had big problems with his clothes sponsorship but finally found a good one.

stanfordtennis alum
12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
funny stuff... he's the man!

tacou
12-01-2009, 12:30 PM
love him .

Serendipitous
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTYxe1yNQUM&feature=related

T10s747
12-01-2009, 08:53 PM
He's still sponsored by PolyStar Energy strings. Damn, Prince is cheap!

zapvor
12-02-2009, 04:49 AM
shame on prince....

mawashi
12-02-2009, 04:55 AM
shame on prince....

Exactly, they should be paying him at least a million to use that awful thing they call a racquet.

Monfizz is getting at least that amount yet has nothing to prove for it.

mawashi

zapvor
12-02-2009, 05:31 AM
monfils is ok.

jimbo333
12-02-2009, 06:10 AM
monfils is ok.

But Davey is much better and more successful:)

(And is a funny dude:))

vasquez90
12-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Exactly, they should be paying him at least a million to use that awful thing they call a racquet.

mawashi

Hmmmm, this makes no sense. why? here's a player who continues to play this racket even with no deal because he loves it; it is probably the best form of endorsement for a stick IMHO. didnt he try to play with other rackets earlier this year (there is a thread somewhere with pictures) and went back to his Prince? He made more buzz for the Ozone without the stencil.

jimbo333
12-02-2009, 09:57 AM
^^^^The odd thing is that when I saw him play at a grass court exibition tournament in the Summer in the UK he did have a Prince stencil on his Ozone!

Lion King
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
"On what he'll do with the prize money: "I want to buy apartment still. I didn't buy apartment in Moscow. Still expensive. I wait. Maybe start to be cheaper. But this is one million is not enough.""

What? is he like the stingiest man in the universe? He's freaking LOADED!

2009 Current
$3,659,160

$13,239,499
*Singles & Doubles combined

Well, I take it he doesn't want a regular small apt. in Moscow. He probably wants a nice big one. That would be EXTREMELY expensive. Moscow real estate prices are crazy. But he lives in Volgograd, I believe? That should be a lot cheaper. Plus he spends (used to spend?) a lot of time in Germany. I wouldn't bother with a Moscow apartment if I were him. I don't like Moscow anyway - too big and noisy, similar to Chicago or NY.

Lion King
12-02-2009, 10:28 AM

mawashi

Marketing has little to do with success. It's all about selling stuff. Monfils and Sharapova are highly recognizable and much more charismatic than Davydenko. I guess it will take him a couple more wins like this one to be really recognized as a superstar worthy of sponsoring.

dennis1188
12-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Sky news (TV) quoted, Davydenko saying, 'No one (in London) had asked him for a autograph up to playing the final, in this last tournament'.

insiderman
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I'd hate to break your 'bubble's' here, so I'll not comment more then this...

KHSOLO
12-02-2009, 12:24 PM
On whether he slept alone after a late match: "I have wife. Come on, come on. What do you want, two girls, three girls, four girls?... I am a Russian, but I'm not Safin."

LOL, funny very funny

crackbillionair
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
There is clearly a great marketing opportunity on Davydenko, and I'm surprised a large sponsor hasn't taken it up!

Oh sure, gangbusters! Prince will refinance their entire corporate structure now that Davydenko has won the YEC.

You guys love Russians, huh? You should come to Moscow...I mean, Brooklyn.

Bhagi Katbamna
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I would love for him to win a GS tournament. Best chance would prob. be Aus. Open or US Open.

mawashi
12-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Hmmmm, this makes no sense. why? here's a player who continues to play this racket even with no deal because he loves it; it is probably the best form of endorsement for a stick IMHO. didnt he try to play with other rackets earlier this year (there is a thread somewhere with pictures) and went back to his Prince? He made more buzz for the Ozone without the stencil.

No accounting for tastes but yes, he loves the darn thing. He keeps restringing the same one over n over again.

mawashi

mawashi
12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Marketing has little to do with success. It's all about selling stuff. Monfils and Sharapova are highly recognizable and much more charismatic than Davydenko. I guess it will take him a couple more wins like this one to be really recognized as a superstar worthy of sponsoring.

Yes & no, first off who wants to sponsor a player that constantly fails to perform but yes, recognition is just as important as results.

Hope he does win a GS.

mawashi

mengpower
12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
How is it that players that are not as successful in the top 30 and 40 and below seem to have sponsors? I see them wearing Nikes and Adidas and other brands.
Such a shame. Davy is a good role model for the the sport. Good technique, humble, polite and is a perfect sporstman in all his matches.
Hopefully Prince will re-sign him since he loves his racket so much.
He said that he can get other racket sponsors but he didn't like playing with that the racket much which is why he is sticking to Prince even tho he is not paid. He said, it is not about the money. The playing is more important. He doesn't want to change rackets and find he is starting to lose matches and ends up out of top 10 all because the sponsorship.

Anyways, best of luck Kolya for next season and that you are a late bloomer and reach your full potential when others are hanging their rackets up ( like Safin:twisted: )

fleabitten
12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
How is it that players that are not as successful in the top 30 and 40 and below seem to have sponsors? I see them wearing Nikes and Adidas and other brands.

It has to do with the amount of payment. It is a negotiation and apparently Davy and Prince can't come to terms on the dollar amount. Clearly, Prince would sign him for a low ball figure like the lower ranked players, but I'd imagine Davy is comparing himself with other top 10 players, and for whatever reason, Prince doesn't think it a wise investment.

If he keeps having championship results and winning over fans like he has this week (and we keep posting these friendly posts) things may swing in his favor.

BigT
12-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Prince is only looking for poster boys, like Querry:confused:

nethawkwenatchee
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
He should just paint it black, take off all the prince decals.

mengpower
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
We should bombard Prince with requests that they renew their contract with Davy:twisted:
How about an open letter or email with all our names / signatures etc
Davydenko is their most successful player and still they cut him off.

davey
12-02-2009, 08:57 PM
He sounds like the Rodney Dangerfield of Russia. He get's no respect.

makenakai
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
the boys used to just paint the frame like the new sponsor's frame - Laver w Chemold (?!), Nasty w addidas etc. Fools no one but the beginners, but that's enough.

12-03-2009, 04:29 AM
This is so not like Davydenko... He was like pretty much non-existent... But he's really funny in the interview... Haha... Haha... Haha

crackbillionair
12-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Prince is only looking for poster boys, like Querry:confused:

Querrey is the best young hope of American tennis. Is that really confusing, why Prince would pay him?

Maybe if Davydenko's coach/agent wasn't his brother, he'd have a deal with Prince.

Maybe if he wasn't tainted by a match throwing scandal and connected to the Russian mafia, he'd also have a deal.

Or maybe Prince just cringes when they see this guy hacking away at some 2-handed volleys.

himynameisNIKE
12-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Querrey is the best young hope of American tennis. Is that really confusing, why Prince would pay him?

Maybe if Davydenko's coach/agent wasn't his brother, he'd have a deal with Prince.

Maybe if he wasn't tainted by a match throwing scandal and connected to the Russian mafia, he'd also have a deal.

Or maybe Prince just cringes when they see this guy hacking away at some 2-handed volleys.

dont be hatin on eduard :evil:

crackbillionair
12-04-2009, 10:00 PM
dont be hatin on eduard :evil:

I'm not hating on Eduard. Davydenko has done a great deal in his career, especially for a guy with such a slight frame. It's impressive the way he takes the ball early and also, how he has improved his serve, though we'll see if he's popping the gun @ 125-130 mph once the wind factor is back in play.

The Davydenko 'team', let's call them, are money hungry Eastern Euros. Planning a tennis career takes foresight. These players that play every week, that never take off to practice, chase points...how well do they do @ slams?

How well has James Blake done with Brian Barker since he's 12? Well, he does have a ridiculously good record against Davydenko to the point where Russia has to hide him when they play America in DC, ironically, but the point is, get a real coach, and maximize your potential.

Djokovic plays to be great. He's got Woodforde as a special volley coach. He's had the real McEnroe also work extensively with him. He felt he under performed, so he hired Todd Martin. These things take money. He doesn't play for money. Davydenko, Jankovic types...they don't come from money, they come from war torn poverty.

What Davydenko is most happy about that went down last week, wasn't winning the biggest tourny of his career or beating Roger. He was most happy about the check. @ least he's smart enough to know there will be a huge tradeoff in terms of level of play if he stops going with Prince and takes a big gear deal. Especially a guy like him who hits so many balls and takes it so early. Changing from Prince would be suicide. Still, it's probably killing him.

malakas
12-04-2009, 10:36 PM
yes,he was happy for the check.AT THIS POINT,he was more happy for the title.

When you can't afford to live in a hotel,and have to travel for thousand of kms in your car all over Europe to the small challengers only so you can have food to eat the next day and buy your racquets,and you have to sleep in your car with your brother then YES you're happy about the money.

And newsflash,most pros eastern europeans or americans or antarticans are poor and don't make enough money for the table.And yes all of them,care about the money.
Gulbis is eastern european too and he flies to the challengers with private jets.It has nothing to do with where you came from.

Blinkism
12-04-2009, 11:48 PM
LOL @ people criticizing Davydenko for wanting to make as much money doing his job as possible.

I suppose you turn down raises and promotions, then?

AlpineCadet
12-04-2009, 11:55 PM
The man himself.

jimbo333
12-05-2009, 03:19 AM
I'm not hating on Eduard. Davydenko has done a great deal in his career, especially for a guy with such a slight frame. It's impressive the way he takes the ball early and also, how he has improved his serve, though we'll see if he's popping the gun @ 125-130 mph once the wind factor is back in play.

The Davydenko 'team', let's call them, are money hungry Eastern Euros. Planning a tennis career takes foresight. These players that play every week, that never take off to practice, chase points...how well do they do @ slams?

How well has James Blake done with Brian Barker since he's 12? Well, he does have a ridiculously good record against Davydenko to the point where Russia has to hide him when they play America in DC, ironically, but the point is, get a real coach, and maximize your potential.

Djokovic plays to be great. He's got Woodforde as a special volley coach. He's had the real McEnroe also work extensively with him. He felt he under performed, so he hired Todd Martin. These things take money. He doesn't play for money. Davydenko, Jankovic types...they don't come from money, they come from war torn poverty.

What Davydenko is most happy about that went down last week, wasn't winning the biggest tourny of his career or beating Roger. He was most happy about the check. @ least he's smart enough to know there will be a huge tradeoff in terms of level of play if he stops going with Prince and takes a big gear deal. Especially a guy like him who hits so many balls and takes it so early. Changing from Prince would be suicide. Still, it's probably killing him.

This is funny, although you are not a funny dude like Davydenko:)

While making your rubbish argument, you suddenly realised at the end that he hasn't taken a racquet sponsorship (probably been offered millions) but kept the racquet that works for him, and then you tried to justify it. He isn't just after the money mate, winning that tournament and beating Federer meant more to him than the money last week!

crackbillionair
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
yes,he was happy for the check.AT THIS POINT,he was more happy for the title.

When you can't afford to live in a hotel,and have to travel for thousand of kms in your car all over Europe to the small challengers only so you can have food to eat the next day and buy your racquets,and you have to sleep in your car with your brother then YES you're happy about the money.

And newsflash,most pros eastern europeans or americans or antarticans are poor and don't make enough money for the table.And yes all of them,care about the money.
Gulbis is eastern european too and he flies to the challengers with private jets.It has nothing to do with where you came from.

Right. He's a survivor. Agreed. He's gonna battle and bring home a check every week. And that's why he'll never win a slam and he loses 25-30 matches a year, which, for a top 10 player, is terrible.

crackbillionair
12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
This is funny, although you are not a funny dude like Davydenko:)

While making your rubbish argument, you suddenly realised at the end that he hasn't taken a racquet sponsorship (probably been offered millions) but kept the racquet that works for him, and then you tried to justify it. He isn't just after the money mate, winning that tournament and beating Federer meant more to him than the money last week!

Oh, the Brits are coming with their 'rubbish' and their 'realisations'...

2 questions, Brit:

Why does he play every single week?

Why doesn't he have a racquet deal?

BTW, I'm very funny. You should hear my England routine. It's priceless. Cheers, mate.

TheMusicLover
12-05-2009, 08:00 PM
LOL @ people criticizing Davydenko for wanting to make as much money doing his job as possible.

Spot-on. Kolya is not an 'easy cash to make out of drooling teenagers'-kind of poster guy, so he'll have to earn his cash the 'hard way' - by winning tournaments and just doing what he's best at, namely, playing tennis!
No big endorsement jobs for this fellow, no Gillette, Kia, Rolex, or whatsoever for this guy...

I'd love to see him win the AO 2010, yes! JUSTICE!

crackbillionair
12-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Spot-on. Kolya is not an 'easy cash to make out of drooling teenagers'-kind of poster guy, so he'll have to earn his cash the 'hard way' - by winning tournaments and just doing what he's best at, namely, playing tennis!
No big endorsement jobs for this fellow, no Gillette, Kia, Rolex, or whatsoever for this guy...

I'd love to see him win the AO 2010, yes! JUSTICE!

He's endorsed by the Russian Mafia. As far as the AO goes, stranger things have happened, probably, but Davydenko is not really a very good best of 5 guy.

crackbillionair
12-05-2009, 09:20 PM

I'm a teacher. I could make more in another field, yet I do not. I could try to become an administrator, yet I do not. I have lots of time off--chances to make more money in the summers and on numerous vacations--and I turn them down.

Why?

Because time is more valuable than money. Davydenko is not a slam champ because he chooses money over time.

Any pro coach would tell him that, right off the bat. That's 1 of the reasons he keeps a novice coach.

mengpower
12-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Q. Do you think it will be easier for you to find a sponsor now, racquet sponsor? Prince perhaps?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: It's no problem to find racquet sponsor. It's a problem play with these racquets. Because I can find sponsor. Doesn't matter, in other racquets. But if I can play like this today with other racquets, I don't know, maybe not. That's for me it's important how I play first, not about money, how much pay for me another company. Then I losing everything, out from top 10, and then disappointment about this

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/News/Tennis/2009/Interviews/Finals-Saturday-Davydenko.aspx

Pretty sad when people accuse Davy as only playing for money. Then what are the other tennis players doing in the sport? Do the top 4 give away their massive prize money then? Federer for example has $50 million and more and concentrates on slams cos that is where the big money is. If it is love of the sport only, he would play in any tournament because he loves it so much he would do it for peanuts. So please do not use money as an excuse to critisize players. Their career is tennis and they all play for money, not just Davy.
Get real.

Otherside
12-06-2009, 04:32 AM
davy has grown in my mind from being someone who made me change the channel to a top 3 favourite, after watching him live at the USopen beating Haas in an amazing quarter i believe 2006 I really started to appreciate his game, the last year has made me realise that he is a funny down to earth guy, and his tennis is like Delpo said from a videogame:)

I sure hope Davy and Baggy get a slam next year!

cucio
12-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Davy is candid, funny and a great tennis player, I like his low-profile attitude, but now that he is winning don't go all gushy and start to say he is a nice person or a classy ambassador to the sport, because he can let slip some rotten things too (like most other players, they are human, not demi-gods, no matter how well they can hit the ball.)

jimbo333
12-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Oh, the Brits are coming with their 'rubbish' and their 'realisations'...

2 questions, Brit:

Why does he play every single week?

Why doesn't he have a racquet deal?

BTW, I'm very funny. You should hear my England routine. It's priceless. Cheers, mate.

You've answered your own question mate, which is funny!

But so far, you have not proved to be as funny as the funny dude that is Davydenko:)

jimbo333
12-06-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm a teacher. I could make more in another field, yet I do not. I could try to become an administrator, yet I do not. I have lots of time off--chances to make more money in the summers and on numerous vacations--and I turn them down.

Why?

Because time is more valuable than money. Davydenko is not a slam champ because he chooses money over time.

Any pro coach would tell him that, right off the bat. That's 1 of the reasons he keeps a novice coach.

Well you seem to talk about money a lot, for someone that doesn't care about it:shock:

And look at your name!

jimbo333
12-06-2009, 07:25 AM
davy has grown in my mind from being someone who made me change the channel to a top 3 favourite, after watching him live at the USopen beating Haas in an amazing quarter i believe 2006 I really started to appreciate his game, the last year has made me realise that he is a funny down to earth guy, and his tennis is like Delpo said from a videogame:)

I sure hope Davy and Baggy get a slam next year!

Exactly, I hope he wins as well:)

He won't win of course, but I'll certainly be supporting him until he loses!

(probably in the quarters)

TheSubdude
12-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm a big fan of Kolya, but this may not be a joke. . .

"Bad luck, you know. I think I put money of me before this tournament, make more money, double prize money." (He's joking. Probably.)

AlpineCadet
12-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Q. Do you think it will be easier for you to find a sponsor now, racquet sponsor? Prince perhaps?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: It's no problem to find racquet sponsor. It's a problem play with these racquets. Because I can find sponsor. Doesn't matter, in other racquets. But if I can play like this today with other racquets, I don't know, maybe not. That's for me it's important how I play first, not about money, how much pay for me another company. Then I losing everything, out from top 10, and then disappointment about this

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/News/Tennis/2009/Interviews/Finals-Saturday-Davydenko.aspx

Pretty sad when people accuse Davy as only playing for money. Then what are the other tennis players doing in the sport? Do the top 4 give away their massive prize money then? Federer for example has $50 million and more and concentrates on slams cos that is where the big money is. If it is love of the sport only, he would play in any tournament because he loves it so much he would do it for peanuts. So please do not use money as an excuse to critisize players. Their career is tennis and they all play for money, not just Davy.
Get real.

What are you talking about?

crackbillionair
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Well you seem to talk about money a lot, for someone that doesn't care about it:shock:

And look at your name!

My name is one of those more ironic sorts of names.

Everybody loves the game. Only 1 guy plays every single week. Him be Davydenko.

You ever think he could be better if he stopped to practice once in a while?

BTW, was looking at racquets for my kids today...saw a Prince racquet that featured a picture of Sharapova and...Davydenko. Gasp.

I'll be redundant. TODAY. It's doubtful he gets nothing at all, if they are selling Christmas racquets that have his face on them.

Even still, if he managed his career properly, he could win a slam perhaps, or get to a slam final, and then Prince would probably give him more money.

But why should they pay a guy who loses so much? This guy lost like 105 matches in the last 4 yrs. And that's atrocious.

As far as talking about money...it was a response to another post, plain and simple.

As far as talking about Davydenko and money, well, it's the reason he plays so much, doesn't schedule practice weeks, and doesn't have a real coach, or the greedy type of racquet deal he's looking for.

Dispute it all you want. And wake me up when any of that changes and he hires a pro coach or wins a slam.

But you guys go on and keep worshipping a guy that goes 54-28. That's less than 2 wins per loss. Now for a pun: very poor, isn't it, for a 'top' guy?

surfvland
12-11-2009, 02:31 AM
I have more respect for this guy every time I see him play.

jimbo333
12-11-2009, 03:18 AM
I didn't realise he lost so many matches, but I don't blame him for wanting to earn lots of money!

The fact is that if he was better looking he would have earnt more money by now in endorsements, so he has to play more!

(No offence Davy mate)

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Maybe Prince can pay him now....

crackbillionair
12-11-2009, 06:50 AM
I didn't realise he lost so many matches, but I don't blame him for wanting to earn lots of money!

The fact is that if he was better looking he would have earnt more money by now in endorsements, so he has to play more!

(No offence Davy mate)

Good point. Ugliness could be a factor. Maybe Prince can then hook up Davydenko's wife instead...

Again though, I saw racquets at modell's the other day and Davydenko's face and Sharapova's are on the Christmas racquets, so I would suspect he makes something, not nothing.

jimbo333
12-11-2009, 02:55 PM
^^^^^Don't forget Davy is a funny dude though, maybe Prince could work with that:)

Joseph L. Barrow
12-11-2009, 06:38 PM
My name is one of those more ironic sorts of names.

Everybody loves the game. Only 1 guy plays every single week. Him be Davydenko.

You ever think he could be better if he stopped to practice once in a while?

BTW, was looking at racquets for my kids today...saw a Prince racquet that featured a picture of Sharapova and...Davydenko. Gasp.

I'll be redundant. TODAY. It's doubtful he gets nothing at all, if they are selling Christmas racquets that have his face on them.

Even still, if he managed his career properly, he could win a slam perhaps, or get to a slam final, and then Prince would probably give him more money.

But why should they pay a guy who loses so much? This guy lost like 105 matches in the last 4 yrs. And that's atrocious.

As far as talking about money...it was a response to another post, plain and simple.

As far as talking about Davydenko and money, well, it's the reason he plays so much, doesn't schedule practice weeks, and doesn't have a real coach, or the greedy type of racquet deal he's looking for.

Dispute it all you want. And wake me up when any of that changes and he hires a pro coach or wins a slam.

But you guys go on and keep worshipping a guy that goes 54-28. That's less than 2 wins per loss. Now for a pun: very poor, isn't it, for a 'top' guy?
His win-loss average has been patchy in some seasons, but this year he was 57-17, which is absolutely on par with most of the other high-ranking players. And per folks who've seen him at it, Davydenko puts in more than his share of practice.

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-11-2009, 06:47 PM
His win-loss average has been patchy in some seasons, but this year he was 57-17, which is absolutely on par with most of the other high-ranking players. And per folks who've seen him at it, Davydenko puts in more than his share of practice.

also, he was trying to recover from an injury early on. he will have a ranking surge at AO (to get on par with Murray and del Potro, who are dead even themselves?) because he canceled this year