PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic's slam results in 2010

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 09:51 AM
What do you think will be Novak Djokovic's slam results for 2010.

akv89
12-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Australian Open: QF
Roland Garros: SF
Wimbledon: 4R
USO: W

TheChosenOne
12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
AO-Semis
Roland-Semis
Wimbeldon-4th
USO-Semis

I see some deep runs from Djoker but I just dont see him winning any slams. He hasnt reached the highest level he can achieve since early 08. I base alot of Djoker based on his past at the slams. Hes underachieved quite a bit IMO. He doesnt seem like he has the ability mentally. He has alot of talent. He has the potential but whether or not can mentally sustain is a big question.

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Australian Open- Champion
French Open- Semis
Wimbledon- Quarters
U.S Open- Runner Up (losing to either Del Potro or Federer in final)

Claudius
12-01-2009, 10:03 AM
AO- Semis
FO- Quarters
Wimbledon- Round of 16
USO- Quarters

Tsonga#1fan
12-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I think he will have a more consistent break out year in '10.

AO-semi finals, maybe runner up
RG-runner up
W-runner up.....to Federer
US-champion

flying24
12-01-2009, 10:16 AM

RG-runner up
US-champion

ROTFL!!!!! And you have the nerve to call others delusional.

Tsonga#1fan
12-01-2009, 10:19 AM
ROTFL!!!!! And you have the nerve to call others delusional.

I have never called anyone delusional. My crystal ball is as good as anybody's. whatever "rotfl" means, I don't speak "ghetto"

navratilovafan
12-01-2009, 10:23 AM

RG-runner up
US-champion

Worst predictions ever.

Anyway here are mine:

Australian Open- finals
French Open- semis
Wimbledon- 4th round
U.S Open- semis or quarters

He could win a slam, would have to be one Australia or the U.S, but not sure how likely it is.

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
AO-4th round
FO-SF
W-4th round
USO-4th round

Tsonga#1fan
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Worst predictions ever.

Anyway here are mine:

Australian Open- finals
French Open- semis
Wimbledon- 4th round
U.S Open- semis or quarters

He could win a slam, would have to be one Australia or the U.S, but not sure how likely it is.

Stick to women's tennis.

Anaconda
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM

RG-runner up
US-champion

I am currently laughing in the corner of my bedroom laughing at this post. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Oh and did i mention this FAILS!!!

navratilovafan
12-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Stick to women's tennis.

Stick to anything other than tennis since you know squat all about it.

IvanAndreevich
12-01-2009, 01:03 PM
AO: SF or F
FO: SF or F
W: 3rd or 4th round
USO: SF or F

The way he's playing now he doesn't have the gear to win a slam.

dlk
12-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I would not be surprised to see him in a Wimbledon final. Remember, Nadal knocked him out in 07, & a hot veteran Safin in 08 (who reached semi-s), & in 09 another hot veteran in Haas edged him in the quarters. So I believe Wimbledon will be his second best slam result, with best chance at the AO.

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 01:12 PM
I am currently laughing in the corner of my bedroom laughing at this post. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

How did he fail again?

You are hyping Djokovic as a future threat at Wimbledon, which is even more ludicrous than what Tsongafan is saying.

FlamEnemY
12-01-2009, 01:24 PM
AO - SF/F/Win
FO - F/W
W - QF/SF
USO - SF/F/W

AO is the Slam with the most upsets, filled with fresh and hot players. I believe that with his pfysical conditioning he'll be able to at least reach a semi. Then it all depends on the draw.

FO - I think it's time for him to reach the final. Federer vs Djokovic semifinal would be pretty awesome. Too bad it didn't happen this year.

Wimby - QF seems ok for a player of his calibre (on grass). He might implement some new tactics in his game that help him on this surface... And some new shoes would be welcome, of course.

USO - Always there in the final mix. He has to win it some day, otherwise he'd be labeled a huge underachiever, and rightfully so.

Telepatic
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM
AO: SF
RG: W
W: QF
Uso: F

But who knows..tennis is unpredictable and turn around all the time..

Skabeast121
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Australian- Djokovic's fitness has improved tremendously over the fall, I think he can make a deep run. But not deep enough to win, will be outdone by either Fed or Murray. Result: Semis

French- By far his best surface this season, the cool spring weather along with his new fitness wont hurt either. The slower surface seemed to do him good this year. Given Nadal's shaky form as of late Djokovic can definitely win this titile. Result: Champion

Wimbledon- Grass has never been his strong suit...that said I think that Djokovic will prolly have a repeat of this year maybe with the right draw one better, thats doubtful. Result: Quarters

US Open- The only man to beat Djokovic at the US Open the last 3 years has been Federer. I don't see that changing even at the age of 29, I can see Djokovic beating Federer at any other tournament, but after this year and THE SHOT I dont think Novak has it in him not here this year. Result: Final/Semis (draw pending)

dlk
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM

Excuse me for veering off-topic, but is the common vernacular of "FAIL" related to tennis or is this common of another country or culture other than American? Just curious.:???:

JoshDragon
12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
AO: Semis
FO: F
W: 3rd round
US: Quarters

Rhino
12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
The problem is he can suffer some random and surprising losses at slams to the likes of Kohlschreiber, Haas, and Safin etc.

I'll think he'll go deep at the Australian Open though, making the final.
He won't get past Del Potro at Roland Garros though and he'll suck at Wimbledon. US Open I say semifinals.

mtr1
12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
AO: Quarters
FO: Winner
Wimbledon: 3rd Round
USO: Semis

sosa09
12-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Ao:f
Fo:qf
W:sf
Uso:qf

stormholloway
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
He has to be a favorite to win at least one slam next year. He's in good form, his tired performance at the WTF notwithstanding. Nadal just looks terrible, and can't possibly be a force at the AO.

It will be the most interesting season in years. I'm rooting for Davydenko.

pame
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Excuse me for veering off-topic, but is the common vernacular of "FAIL" related to tennis or is this common of another country or culture other than American? Just curious.:???:

I believe it's just Internet-ese

dlk
12-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I believe it's just Internet-ese

Thanks, I just notice it said on a lot of threads as an interjection versus the typical verb form. Thought maybe it was European tennis slang.

CCNM
12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
I'll be surprised if he wins any of them. But I do see him getting into the finals. :)

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
He won't win any. 1 final at most.

TheFifthSet
12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
AO-4th round
FO-SF
W-4th round
USO-4th round

Just curious, why do you predict Murray to win a slam but for Djokovic to exit in the 4th round of 3 of the 4 slams?

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
delete the post

TheFifthSet
12-01-2009, 04:10 PM
My prediction:

AO - Champion
FO - QF. Loses to some up and comer.
W - 4th round
USO - SF or F. Hope he wins it though.

dlk
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm telling you all; he's gonna impress at Wimbledon; see who he lost to the last three years. You may dismiss Safin & Haas, but they were hot & were/are feisty veterans. And losing to Nadal is not too bad either.

j0ns
12-01-2009, 04:23 PM
US Open: Ret

2010 result: Retirement slam

SuperFly
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I have never called anyone delusional. My crystal ball is as good as anybody's. whatever "rotfl" means, I don't speak "ghetto"

It's not ghetto, he's speaking the language of the internets.

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Just curious, why do you predict Murray to win a slam but for Djokovic to exit in the 4th round of 3 of the 4 slams?

Well I'm no Djokovic fan so that may explain part of it. Not saying I'm going to be right or anything. I'm just not as high on Djokovic as some others on here are. For some reason I see him having a down year next year, in the slams at least.

And I think Murray has a better shot at Wimbledon than Djokovic does.

Interesting to note, on the ESPN telecast of the YEC on Sunday, Cahill and Drysdale were asked if Nadal and Fed didn't finish #1 next year, who would. Cahill said Murray, and Drysdale said JMDP. Neither one said Djokovic.

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Djokovic is quickly becoming another continously understimated player IMO. People keep talking like he is on the way down, are hyping others like Murray and Del Potro to the sky while discounting Djokovic, yet at the end of the year it is Djokovic still comfortably ranked #3 over both. Some of his skeptics even say things like Djokovic has had a horrible year, but then what does that say for Murray and Del Potro who apparently have been unable to catch Djokovic in the rankings inspite of his "horrible" year. I am not saying either player cant surpass him, but it seems people are too anxious and willing to write off Djokovic. The man is a serious talent, and he is mentally tough too inspite of his higher WD rate.

Cantankersore
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
He has to be a favorite to win at least one slam next year. He's in good form, his tired performance at the WTF notwithstanding. Nadal just looks terrible, and can't possibly be a force at the AO.

It will be the most interesting season in years. I'm rooting for Davydenko.

Well, he doesn't have to be a favourite to win one slam, but it is really the sort of thing that if somebody has a 16% chance to win at each of the slams, the chance that they won't win a slam is only 50% (assuming independent probabilities, which isn't an entirely unreasonable approximation to reality). I wouldn't favour him for any particular slam, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he wins one. He has a proven track record of being a consistent semifinalist when his game is on.

I hope Davydenko has a good breadwinning year, since that seems to be what he finds important.

kishnabe
12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
AO: 4th round
RG: Semi's
WB: 1st round
US: Semi's

tudwell
12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Ao: Sf
Fo: F
W: Qf
Uso: W

shaysrebelII
12-01-2009, 05:59 PM
AO: F
FO: SF
W: R of 16
USO: SF

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Did you notice how you were the only one in the whole thread who pointed out his ridiculous bias?

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Did you notice how you were the only one in the whole thread who pointed out his ridiculous bias?

I'm the only person on here who's opinion is biased? :rolleyes:

Look, biased or not, its my opinion. At least I'm not like these other clowns on here who claim to be the be all end all of tennis knowledge, but are just as biased as the rest of us. Look, the OP gave a question. Biased or not, I answered it. I didn't troll the thread, call any player names, etc. I just gave an opinion. You don't have to agree w/ it, I don't expect you to.

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm the only person on here who's opinion is biased? :rolleyes:

Look, biased or not, its my opinion. At least I'm not like these other clowns on here who claim to be the be all end all of tennis knowledge, but are just as biased as the rest of us. Look, the OP gave a question. Biased or not, I answered it. I didn't troll the thread, call any player names, etc. I just gave an opinion. You don't have to agree w/ it, I don't expect you to.

Well, compare the 2 biases:

1) you say Djokovic is not getting past 4th round in 2010

2) another poster made a thread saying that Fed will not win a slam in 2010

(and this other dude already has over 20 Fedhounds on his back lol)

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 09:22 PM

As much as I hate to get involved in this, or ever come to JBF's defense, he did pick Djokovic to reach the FO semis if you look at his choices again. :)

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM

I had Djok in the SF of the French and 4th of everything else.

Look I don't want this thread to turn into a critique of my opinion. I posted, didn't say anything inflammatory or trolling....it's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Look there's a lot of young guys rising I think could trouble Djokovic. Cilic has been owned by Novak traditionally, but he's a big match player and could take him out if they met in a slam. Querrey, Monfils...like I said, I don't want this to turn into a critique of my choices.

But Novak had a generous draw to get to the Wimby QF this yr before he was taken down by Haas. He's not as strong at returning on grass as he is on the other surfaces. That's my reasoning for an earlier loss there. And IMO there are some guys coming up on HC who could take him out earlier.

Like I said, I'm not the biggest fan of the guy or his game. So you can take my opinion with a grain of salt if you want to.

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM

Look I don't want this thread to turn into a critique of my opinion. I posted, didn't say anything inflammatory or trolling....it's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Look there's a lot of young guys rising I think could trouble Djokovic. Cilic has been owned by Novak traditionally, but he's a big match player and could take him out if they met in a slam. Querrey, Monfils...like I said, I don't want this to turn into a critique of my choices.

But Novak had a generous draw to get to the Wimby QF this yr before he was taken down by Haas. He's not as strong at returning on grass as he is on the other surfaces. That's my reasoning for an earlier loss there. And IMO there are some guys coming up on HC who could take him out earlier.

Like I said, I'm not the biggest fan of the guy or his game. So you can take my opinion with a grain of salt if you want to.

Oh, yeah, you had him in SF of the French. :)

Well, it's funny you say Djokovic can go out to Cilic, but forget what happened in 4R of US Open this year.

OK, I don't wanna get into details. Agree to disagree, forget about it. (but still I'm pretty sure you would be trolled out of the forum if you said a similar thing about Federer.)

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh, yeah, you had him in SF of the French. :)

Well, it's funny you say Djokovic can go out to Cilic, but forget what happened in 4R of US Open this year.

OK, I don't wanna get into details. Agree to disagree, forget about it. (but still I'm pretty sure you would be trolled out of the forum if you said a similar thing about Federer.)

How many slams does Fed have? And how many for Novak?

How many years does Fed NOT make a slam SF? I mean, I don't get your analogy. To say that claiming 0 slams for Djokovic is the same as claiming 0 slams for Federer....I don't get it.

Oh well agree to disagree I guess. :-?

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 09:55 PM
How many slams does Fed have? And how many for Novak?

How many years does Fed NOT make a slam SF? I mean, I don't get your analogy. To say that claiming 0 slams for Djokovic is the same as claiming 0 slams for Federer....I don't get it.

Oh well agree to disagree I guess. :-?

I didn't compare how many slams would each one win in 2010.

I was saying that predicting DJokovic to go no further than 4R at AO and USO is the same as predicting that Federer will not reach a final in those 2 events, maybe even worse.

Djokovic had a bad season in 2010 and still reached QF in AO and SF in USO.

zagor
12-01-2009, 10:08 PM
AO-W/F
FO-SF
W-Qf
USO-SF

AO-4th round
FO-SF
W-4th round
USO-4th round

Unlikely to happen,the last time Novak had comparable results in slams was back in 2006 which is almost 4 years ago.

Especially his results at USO for the last 3 years were F/SF/SF,going down each time to the defending champion Fed so I find it higly unlikely he'll go down in 4th round.

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Unlikely to happen,the last time Novak had comparable results in slams was back in 2006 which is almost 4 years ago.

Especially his results at USO for the last 3 years were F/SF/SF,going down each time to the defending champion Fed so I find it higly unlikely he'll go down in 4th round.

Anything can happen, just look at what happened this year at the French to both Djokovic and Nadal.

TheFifthSet
12-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Djokovic is quickly becoming another continously understimated player IMO. People keep talking like he is on the way down, are hyping others like Murray and Del Potro to the sky while discounting Djokovic, yet at the end of the year it is Djokovic still comfortably ranked #3 over both. Some of his skeptics even say things like Djokovic has had a horrible year, but then what does that say for Murray and Del Potro who apparently have been unable to catch Djokovic in the rankings inspite of his "horrible" year. I am not saying either player cant surpass him, but it seems people are too anxious and willing to write off Djokovic. The man is a serious talent, and he is mentally tough too inspite of his higher WD rate.

Good post, I agree with everything you said.

Blinkism
12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Australian Open: Semifinals
French Open: Quarterfinals
Wimbledon: Champion
US Open: Final

Novak Djokovic WILL win Wimbledon 2010!

Tony48
12-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Australian Open: QF/SF
French Open: F/W
Wimbledon: QF/SF
U.S. Open: SF/F

TheFifthSet
12-02-2009, 01:47 AM

Well I don't think that's fair, JBF is a pretty cool guy IMO, it's just his opinion, although I happen to disagree with him.

GustafsonFanatic
12-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Well I don't think that's fair, JBF is a pretty cool guy IMO, it's just his opinion, although I happen to disagree with him.

It's just his opinion and his opinion is ridiculously biased. Wouldn't you agree? Go back through the thread and see if anyone else had similar predictions for Djokovic.

And his justification is that he doesn't like Djokovic. LMAO! OK, then, since I don't like Rafa and Murray, I predict that neither of them will reach semis of any slam in 2010.

Anaconda
12-02-2009, 06:38 AM
How did he fail again?

You are hyping Djokovic as a future threat at Wimbledon, which is even more ludicrous than what Tsongafan is saying.

Djokovic already has a wimbledon semifinal under his belt. Not too ludicrous me thinks.

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 08:02 AM
It's just his opinion and his opinion is ridiculously biased. Wouldn't you agree? Go back through the thread and see if anyone else had similar predictions for Djokovic.

And his justification is that he doesn't like Djokovic. LMAO! OK, then, since I don't like Rafa and Murray, I predict that neither of them will reach semis of any slam in 2010.

I had him in the RG SF. For you to continuously get on me for something that's my opinion, when I admit to being biased when it comes to Novak's game, is petulant. It's not like I have him going out 1st round every slam, geez. I have him getting to the RG SF, which is a good result considering he went out 3R this year. But on the other surfaces I think the field will be deeper next year.

Like I said, you don't have to agree with it. Not to call anyone out, but Claudius' sentiments are similar to mine, if only a round's difference

AO- Semis
FO- Quarters
Wimbledon- Round of 16
USO- Quarters

I don't see you getting on him. I mean, what's your point? I admit to not being a Djokovic fan, big deal. Just because I don't have him winning the career slam next year, I'm a troll? That's a narrow-minded viewpoint.

Seany
12-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Ao- Qf
Fo- 2r
W- 4r
Us- Sf

Djumex
12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Ao-f
Fo-f
W-qf/sf
Uso-sf/f

Djumex
12-02-2009, 12:45 PM

well said :)

2010 crucial year for Djokovic IMO .....make or brake!

GustafsonFanatic
12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
I had him in the RG SF. For you to continuously get on me for something that's my opinion, when I admit to being biased when it comes to Novak's game, is petulant. It's not like I have him going out 1st round every slam, geez. I have him getting to the RG SF, which is a good result considering he went out 3R this year. But on the other surfaces I think the field will be deeper next year.

Like I said, you don't have to agree with it. Not to call anyone out, but Claudius' sentiments are similar to mine, if only a round's difference

I don't see you getting on him. I mean, what's your point? I admit to not being a Djokovic fan, big deal. Just because I don't have him winning the career slam next year, I'm a troll? That's a narrow-minded viewpoint.

Claudius at least had him reaching SF of AO and QF of USOpen, which is approximately the same as his results in 2009.

You predicted him to go out in 4R in AO and USO! You know when was the last time he went out in 4R of those tournaments? AO 2007! And you know who beat him in 4R in AO 2007? Roger Federer!

I see you are using Cilic as an example of a player who can beat Djokovic in 4R of AO and USO. Now, Cilic beat Murray in straights in USO 2009, he was up a set and a break against Del Potro in the next round, and he blew Nadal off the court in Beijing. So, based on this, if anyone makes a poll about Del Potro's, Murray's or Nadal's chances in slams next year, I expect you to say that neither of them will go past 4R because they will lose to Cilic.

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Claudius at least had him reaching SF of AO and QF of USOpen, which is approximately the same as his results in 2009.

You predicted him to go out in 4R in AO and USO! You know when was the last time he went out in 4R of those tournaments? AO 2007! And you know who beat him in 4R in AO 2007? Roger Federer!

I see you are using Cilic as an example of a player who can beat Djokovic in 4R of AO and USO. Now, Cilic beat Murray in straights in USO 2009, he was up a set and a break against Del Potro in the next round, and he blew Nadal off the court in Beijing. So, based on this, if anyone makes a poll about Del Potro's, Murray's or Nadal's chances in slams next year, I expect you to say that neither of them will go past 4R because they will lose to Cilic.

OK now you're just trolling. I see you coming after me, yet say nothing to Seany, who had Djokovic doing even worse. I'm done with this conversation. You don't have to agree with my opinion, and I'm not forcing you to. If you don't agree, fine. But don't just keep posting the same thing over and over. It really makes this discussion go nowhere.

GustafsonFanatic
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
OK, agree to disagree. Maybe he won't get past 4R. Cilic, Monfils Tsonga can be difficult opponents (not just for Djkovic).

Djumex
12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
AO-4th round
FO-SF
W-4th round
USO-4th round

:D They are going after you because you didn't think twice before you posted this.....sure anything can happen.....but if you came here to talk about tennis than at least try to be serious and post more thoughtfully
You seam to be quite the contributor here with thousands of posts....this one is just garbage ;)

Ripster
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Australian - Champion
French - Semis
Wimbledon - Quarters
US Open - Finals

Cyan
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
He will win the USO.

Blinkism
12-03-2009, 07:52 AM
This is Novak's opinion:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1040/1430404845_7b285b1829.jpg

GrafisGOAT
12-03-2009, 08:03 AM
I like him but I dont see him winning a slam. His groundstrokes and serve are not as powerful as they used to be. He now relies on poor play when he plays a top player to win, except when he plays Nadal maybe as he can still overpower him. When he plays Federer, Murray, or Del Potro he only wins if they make alot of mistakes and play poorly. I know he has beaten Federer 3 times this year but look at the matches. Federer was playing awful and spraying easy errors all over the court. When Federer played good vs Novak he won pretty easily like in Cincinatti and the U.S Open. Now back in 2007 and 2008 Novak won some matches by overpowering Federer. He actually was able to dicate play vs guys like Roger back then. His game has lost power and he now isnt able to do that anymore. It is too much to hope for 3 top players in a row to play poorly vs you in a grand slam to win, and given his current game that is what would have to happen.

Anaconda
12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
OK, agree to disagree. Maybe he won't get past 4R. Cilic, Monfils Tsonga can be difficult opponents (not just for Djkovic).

Even though Djokovic is clearly better than all three on every surface.

BANNED!!!!!

GrafisGOAT
12-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Tsonga is a hard opponent for Djokovic. That is a fact shown by their head to head. If Cilic matures he will be capable of overpowering anyone with his game, it is a matter of when. Monfils is overhyped.

Anaconda
12-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Tsonga is a hard opponent for Djokovic. That is a fact shown by their head to head. If Cilic matures he will be capable of overpowering anyone with his game, it is a matter of when. Monfils is overhyped.

The way i see things is that Djokovic v Tsonga is just like Murray v's Federer. The better player wins the 'Big one'

GrafisGOAT
12-03-2009, 08:24 AM
The way i see things is that Djokovic v Tsonga is just like Murray v's Federer. The better player wins the 'Big one'

Tsonga isnt a good enough player to win a slam. He might never make another slam final. No doubt Novak is the much better player. However the poster who brought him up was saying if Novak met him around the 4th round and quarters that Novak could easily lose and that is very true. The head to head overall shows Tsonga is a tough opponent for Novak. Of course he probably wouldnt beat him in a slam final as Tsonga winning 7 matches in a slam is unlikely to ever happen.

Cyan
12-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Nole has better chances to win a slam in 2010 than Murray.

Anaconda
12-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Tsonga isnt a good enough player to win a slam. He might never make another slam final. No doubt Novak is the much better player. However the poster who brought him up was saying if Novak met him around the 4th round and quarters that Novak could easily lose and that is very true. The head to head overall shows Tsonga is a tough opponent for Novak. Of course he probably wouldnt beat him in a slam final as Tsonga winning 7 matches in a slam is unlikely to ever happen.

I think djokovic would still pull it out. Tsonga is just a mindless ball basher - so it depends on whether tsonga gets 'hot ' or not.

Tsonga can win a slam but will need to tough out matches as he can't play high risk tennis consistently well and he is not mentally strong enough. He needs a decent coach first - brad gilbert maybe (who coached Roddick 2003 is quite similar) to help with control and consistency.

JoshDragon
12-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Nole has better chances to win a slam in 2010 than Murray.

Murray, knows where his priorities need to be. He's going to let the other guys win the slams so that he can save his strength and prepare to win the Modern Warfare 2 video game tournament.

JoshDragon
12-03-2009, 08:44 AM

It seems very unlikely to me that Djokovic wouldn't reach the semis or even finals of the US Open. I could see 4th round at Wimbledon and yeah even at the Australian Open but I doubt he'll lose that early at the US Open.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I think djokovic would still pull it out. Tsonga is just a mindless ball basher - so it depends on whether tsonga gets 'hot ' or not.

Tsonga can win a slam but will need to tough out matches as he can't play high risk tennis consistently well and he is not mentally strong enough. He needs a decent coach first - brad gilbert maybe (who coached Roddick 2003 is quite similar) to help with control and consistency.

And a decent racquet to go with that other.

shadows
12-07-2009, 03:07 AM
AO: Semis
FO: R/U
Wimb: 1/4s
USO: Semis

sh@de
12-07-2009, 03:51 AM
:D They are going after you because you didn't think twice before you posted this.....sure anything can happen.....but if you came here to talk about tennis than at least try to be serious and post more thoughtfully
You seam to be quite the contributor here with thousands of posts....this one is just garbage ;)

LOL look at the posts per day for the two of them... now who's the one posting so much stuff???

I don't understand why some of you are hounding on jbf for his opinion to be honest...

Gaudio2004
12-07-2009, 07:13 AM
ao - quarters
rg - quarters
w - semi
us - final

to be beaten by federer, murray and nadal in 3 of the 4 slams.

clayman2000
12-07-2009, 07:58 AM
AO: QF
FO: SF
W : QF
US: SF or F

Feel like a Roddick, Del Potro or a Verdasco would beat him at the AO. On clay, no way he gets past Federer or Nadal at a slam. Grass is his worst surface. USO is his best slam right now. Only ppl i can see taking him out there are Federer and maybe Del Po and Murray

SirSweetSpot
12-07-2009, 10:21 AM

RG-runner up
US-champion

This has to be the most ludicrous post ever!

Anyway:

AO-Winner
RG-Winner
W-Winner
US-Winner...but maybe not winner

Dr_Kaligari
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
LOL look at the posts per day for the two of them... now who's the one posting so much stuff???

I don't understand why some of you are hounding on jbf for his opinion to be honest...

Because you and your fellow *******s do the same thing, only even worse

vanity
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Because you and your fellow *******s do the same thing, only even worse

Well said! Federer fans are very extreme with their views.

LiveForever
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Why was GSF banned? Very knowledgeable poster IMO.

vanity
12-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Why was GSF banned? Very knowledgeable poster IMO.

Too many of her posts contained vulgar language.

LiveForever
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Too many of her posts contained vulgar language.
really? Thats strange, I barely saw a single one that was vulgar.

ManuGinobili
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
17 rackets.... oh wait you mean the other slam?