PDA

View Full Version : Womens Slam winners of 2010

flying24
12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
There has been alot of talk about the men but who do you believe will win the 4 womens Grand Slam events of 2010. Here are mine:

Australian Open- Clijsters
French Open- Henin (a lock)
Wimbledon- Henin
U.S Open- Dementieva

lambielspins
12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Australian Open- Henin
French Open- Henin
Wimbledon- Venus
U.S Open- Sharapova

GustafsonFanatic
12-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Australian Open- Henin
French Open- Henin
Wimbledon- Venus
U.S Open- Sharapova

Australian is too early for Henin to win it. I think Kim will have that one.

Serena is more likely for Wimbledon (Venus is having more and more injuries).

And I woulnd't never bet on Sharapova to win anything lol

boredone3456
12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Australian- Clijsters,Woz, Azarenka, or someone unknown or unexpected
French- Henin or Clijsters
Wimbledon- A Williams
US Open- very tough, would love Dementieva...but not likely...I'd go with Sharapova, Henin or Clijsters.....maybe woz or vika

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Australian Open- Clijsters
French Open- Henin
Wimbledon- Venus
U.S Open- Serena

I am not really sure. I dont think anyone will dominate next year. Someone might be able to win 2 slams but I am not sure who it will be if someone does. I have a feeling all the slams will be won amongst the 5some of Henin, Clijsters, Venus, Serena, and Sharapova though. The slamless headcase brigade will be shut out again. An up and comer might win but I think Wozniacki will find it hard to win a slam until some of these I mentioned fade away more or retire, and Azarenka will prove to be another flash in the pan ball bashing clone. If Venus doesnt win a slam next year I have a feeling she never will again as she is already showing her age a bit.

jamesblakefan#1
12-01-2009, 09:34 PM
AO-Serena over Wozniacki
FO-Henin over some unlucky girl
Wimbledon-Serena over someone not named Venus
USO-going to go on a limb and say Wozniacki (probably wrong though)

Serendipitous
12-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Safina dominates everything.

egn
12-01-2009, 10:17 PM
AO- Jankovic
FO- Ivanovic
W- Safina
US - Dementieva

now what!?!?!?!?!

God **** the williams and the belgians. Is Henin confirmed for 2010?

egn
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Safina dominates everything.

I like that one as well.

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 10:25 PM
These are some other forecasts I would make:

-If Dementieva does not win a slam next year she never will. Her best chances are Wimbledon and the U.S Open probably.

-Safina is falling off the radar screen completely now. She will be forgotten altogether before long.

-there is a good chance another slamless player will spent alot of the year at #1 even if not finish there. Clijsters seems to now want to plan a schedule that makes Serena's look like a workload. Even if she won all 4 slams next year I doubt she ever get to #1 under the current ranking system. Henin is starting the year from 0 points will take alot of the year before collecting enough points to have a chance, regardless how many slams she were to win, or how much she played. Serena will likely play a more reduced schedule than some of the tour workloaders, and will likely try to peak for the slams again.

-if Henin and Clijsters play each other in a slam final, shockingly Clijsters will win the first one between them, wherever it is. If they play a 2nd one though Henin will win it.

-if Venus and Serena play each other in a final Venus will surprisingly win this time. I just have a hunch that is how it would go for some reason. Sadly I am not sure if Venus will ever make another slam final.

-Sharapova will be back as a major contender. I dont know if she will win a slam or not but she will be back in the running.

grafselesfan
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I like that one as well.

Safina will retire and stop embarassing herself.

I like that one alot better. :)