PDA

View Full Version : Murray WILL drop to no 5 BEFORE AO Seedings

jones101
12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6939769.ece

This could potentially make his journey for the maiden GS.

He could effectivley have to play Fed/Nadal/Djoko in succession.

I dont think he will be a favourite next year.

MuseFan
12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Too bad for Muzza - he had Fed dead in his RR match and failed to finish him off. It's the natural order of things after all.

Rhino
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
You can still win a slam being #5 and perhaps he'll do better if he's not a favourite like this year.
Also you never know who else can get beaten early. Look at Federer during Roland Garros, he didn't have to play Nadal, Djokovic or Murray.

Still I think the little brat will do down before the semis.

JoshDragon
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Actually this could be good for him. Maybe his loss in ranking will motivate Murray to make the finals or win the championship.

kishnabe
12-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Murray can win a slam next year but not preferred!

stapler
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
This is probably to the liking of Federer if he wants to continue his SF or better streak going, as we know that Del Potro can beat Federer on the biggest stages of tennis, and with Delpo as 4th seed, he'll be out of Fed's hair until at least the SFs

BigServer1
12-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Too bad for Muzza - he had Fed dead in his RR match and failed to finish him off. It's the natural order of things after all.

???

He won the first set and lost the last two. Badly.

How is that in any way having someone dead?

Antonio Puente
12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6939769.ece

This could potentially make his journey for the maiden GS.

He could effectivley have to play Fed/Nadal/Djoko in succession.

I dont think he will be a favourite next year.

Considering the way they are playing, that looks like a pretty favorable draw.

Max G.
12-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Not so bad for Murray, I think. He might like the lack of pressure.

And, after all - he's a good enough player that even if he gets a bad draw like that, if he plays well, he can still win. And as he's shown in past years at the Oz Open, if he plays badly, he can lose even before getting to that stage.

malakas
12-01-2009, 07:30 PM
with the british press around and simon reed,are you all being serious that he won't be once again pressured and hailed as the favourite??:rolleyes:

Bad news for Murray because it puts him in a different seed brasket and theoritically makes his draw much harder.

Bud
12-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Didn't Murray tell everyone he planned on being no. 1 at the end of 2009? :oops: