PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark

HenryS12
12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Is it possible to receive a benchmark rating without ever playing a match at districts, sectionals, or nationals?

JavierLW
12-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Is it possible to receive a benchmark rating without ever playing a match at districts, sectionals, or nationals?

Any playoff results in a benchmark I think.

I only played in the local area playoffs and I have a benchmark rating, I didnt make it to districts (team missed by 4 points).

HenryS12
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
If this is true, then how come my teammates that played in the same playoff match with me did not receive benchmarks? I also know at least one person whose team did not even make the playoffs being benchmarked. It's kind of bummer because it precludes me from appealing down.

amarone
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
If this is true, then how come my teammates that played in the same playoff match with me did not receive benchmarks? I also know at least one person whose team did not even make the playoffs being benchmarked. It's kind of bummer because it precludes me from appealing down.Don't worry - almost nobody can appeal down under the new system.

However, I do not know how you could be benchmark and your teammates not. Javier is correct that even playing in local league playoffs earns you a benchmark rating - I became a benchmark that way.

JavierLW
12-02-2009, 05:41 PM
If this is true, then how come my teammates that played in the same playoff match with me did not receive benchmarks? I also know at least one person whose team did not even make the playoffs being benchmarked. It's kind of bummer because it precludes me from appealing down.

Maybe they played in the playoffs in another league? (the ones that you think were not in the playoffs)

I have no idea about why the same players on the same team in the playoffs would not all end up with benchmarks?

If you said nobody did, then I would suspect your "playoffs" were maybe something lower then area playoffs. (like flight playoffs)

kylebarendrick
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
It must vary by section. Norcal does not give B ratings for local league playoffs.

JavierLW
12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
It must vary by section. Norcal does not give B ratings for local league playoffs.

What is interesting is I received an email yesterday from our local league coordinator that they "understand that we all got benchmark ratings", as if they were surprised.

And they said we can still appeal (and that we should try to appeal...).

I doubt they will win though and most people on my team dont want to appeal.