U.S Open- Champion

Stop it!!!

hewittboy
12-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Australian Open- Champion
French Open- Champion
Wimbledon- semis
U.S Open- Champion

Given the pitiful womens field I will be stunned if she doesnt win atleast 2 slams next year.

flyinghippos101
12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Australian Open: Quarters
French Open: Win
Wimbledon: Win
US Open: Quarters

GrafisGOAT
12-02-2009, 11:54 AM
French Open- Champion
Wimbledon- Champion
U.S Open- Champion

There is no reason Henin cant easily achieve the Calender Slam in 2010. Her only real competition is Clijsters. Serena's 3 slam wins since Henin retired should be disregarded as they were by default by the real best womens player not being there.

Tony48
12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
French Open- Champion
Wimbledon- Champion
U.S Open- Champion

There is no reason Henin cant easily achieve the Calender Slam in 2010. Her only real competition is Clijsters. Serena's 3 slam wins since Henin retired should be disregarded as they were by default by the real best womens player not being there.

I'm sure the WTA will get right on that. :roll:

GrafisGOAT
12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm sure the WTA will get right on that. :roll:

The bottom line is Serena is in many ways the luckiest women player in history. Her last 3 slam wins are hollow without the real best women player there. Serena has been owned by Henin both results wise and head to head since the 2003 French Open. Why would anyone be dumb enough to think Serena was going to suddenly get back to winning slams and being a better player than Henin when she was a weaker player than Henin for about 5 years at the time of Henin's retirement.

Seany
12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Australian Open - Winner
French Open - Winner
Wimbledon - Winner
USOpen - Runner up to Clijsters

jones101
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Based on her 2008 form, which everybody seems to forget about I'd say -

AO - QF
RG - Finalist
Wimb - QF
USO - SF

She retired last time because she was being fed bagels and breadsticks in 08. I like Henin a lot, but what are people basing their predictions on, because she was not near prime for the last 5 months she was playing.

Ripster
12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Predict the slam results for Justine Henin in 2010. Here are mine:

Australian Open- semis
French Open- Champion (duh)
Wimbledon- semis
U.S Open- Champion

Good predictions. I agree with those completely, with Clijsters winning the Australian and Sharapova or Serena winning Wimbledon.

Vermillion
12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
At least 1 major win

CCNM
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
You folks think Justine will still be dominant eh? I don't expect her to be the same player/person she was in 07. I do however think she'll get to either the QF's or the SF's at least once or twice.

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
AO-4th round
FO-Champion
Wimby-4th/QF
USO-QF/SF

dlk
12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
AO=4R
FO=Q
W=Q
UO=S
Gotta see her play a few times before I can really predict, but here's a shot-in-the-dark guess.

dlk
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Where will her ranking & seedings be at?

maddogz32
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
AO-semis
FO-champ
WIMBY-champ
USO-semis

Serendipitous
12-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Champion...

dlk
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Champion...

Will you share whatever it is you're on?:shock:

Cyan
12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
She will just win the FO. Let's be real.

GrafisGOAT
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
You folks think Justine will still be dominant eh? I don't expect her to be the same player/person she was in 07. I do however think she'll get to either the QF's or the SF's at least once or twice.

At the very least if Henin is even 60% of what she used to be she would be a lock to win the French. The womens clay court field is so bad Serena even had a real shot to win the French last year, that should already be enough to gaurantee Henin winning there even at half of what she used to be.

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Where will her ranking & seedings be at?

Pretty sure she starts at 0, just like Clijsters did in her comeback.

lambielspins
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
AO-4th round
FO-Champion
Wimby-4th/QF
USO-QF/SF

Unless she draws Serena in the 4th round I cant imagine the kind of players around on the current joke womens tour who are going to be bouncing Henin out in the 4th round or even quarters of slams, even if Henin were a shadow of what she used to be. Most of the current womens top 15 are thrash or clearly passing their primes (eg- Venus and Sharapova). Henin is an actual champion who isnt really aged or injured supposably, that already sets her apart from basically everyone else except 1 or 2 others even if not at her best. Maybe that accessment in blunt in its harshness but also true.

dlk
12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Pretty sure she starts at 0, just like Clijsters did in her comeback.

Even if she does well in some tune-ups, what seed do you see her at AO?

boredone3456
12-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Australian- Quarters (She'll still be a little rusty)
French- Final or win
Wimby- Quarters
USO- Final or Win

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Even if she does well in some tune-ups, what seed do you see her at AO?

Unseeded. Remember, Clijsters played a good bit of the summer HC and was still unseeded at the USO.

No chance Henin even if she wins a warmup would have enough pts to get a seed at the AO.

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Unless she draws Serena in the 4th round I cant imagine the kind of players around on the current joke womens tour who are going to be bouncing Henin out in the 4th round or even quarters of slams, even if Henin were a shadow of what she used to be. Most of the current womens top 15 are thrash or clearly passing their primes (eg- Venus and Sharapova). Henin is an actual champion who isnt really aged or injured supposably, that already sets her apart from basically everyone else except 1 or 2 others even if not at her best. Maybe that accessment in blunt in its harshness but also true.

I mean, it's a crap shoot for all of us to say anything certain right now. Who knows what form Henin will be in in her return. Still it's hard for me at least at the AO to see her going to the QF.

Anything after that is mere speculation/wishful thinking, depending on how big of a Henin fan you are.

dlk
12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Unseeded. Remember, Clijsters played a good bit of the summer HC and was still unseeded at the USO.

No chance Henin even if she wins a warmup would have enough pts to get a seed at the AO.

Thanks, so she'll probably get an open wildcard invite?

jamesblakefan#1
12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks, so she'll probably get an open wildcard invite?

Yeah the AO officials have already given her one.

lambielspins
12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
I mean, it's a crap shoot for all of us to say anything certain right now. Who knows what form Henin will be in in her return. Still it's hard for me at least at the AO to see her going to the QF.

Anything after that is mere speculation/wishful thinking, depending on how big of a Henin fan you are.

I am not a big Henin fan. I just cant see where the WTA would find the players amongst is current joke field to be taking Henin out as early as 4th rounds or even quarters of slams even IF she nowhere near the player she used to be. It is that bad right now. Basically even in the unlikely event Henin were half the player she used to be, and were playing even worse than she was in early 2008, I still see her in no danger of losing to Safina, Jankovic, Dementieva, Sharapova (in her current form), Venus (anywhere except Wimbledon these days) at the slams. I didnt say the smaller tournaments, I said the slams, there is a world of difference between the two for most of the current WTA headcase tour. Actually in a funny way that includes someone like Serena, except in her case is in the other direction if you know what I mean.

GPG
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Ao: W
Rg: W
W: W
Uso: W

Cesc Fabregas
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Why did GSF get banned?

jamesblakefan#1
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Why did GSF get banned?

Wow, I never was the biggest fan of hers (obviously), but for the most part she never did anything against the rules to warrant a banning. lambielspins also banned. That's crazy.

Navratilovafan and GrafisGOAT also banned. Maybe alt IDs?

hewittboy banned as well. Wow, the banhammer coming strong today.

Anaconda
12-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow, I never was the biggest fan of hers (obviously), but for the most part she never did anything against the rules to warrant a banning. lambielspins also banned. That's crazy.

Plus that troll 'gustavson'.

Namranger said that GrafisGOAT is infact lamielspins BTW. Just in case you were wondering.

egn
12-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Henin in her youth in her prime at her absolute best with the williams not around could not even win 3 slams in a single season. Serena and Venus might be past her prime but lets be realistic here Henin will probably win a slam, two max. Though the wta has been crazy lately so who knows. However if I am going to be REALISTIC and say one slam not sure which but it is not called wimbledon.

Cesc Fabregas
12-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Loads of people have been banned today, must be people with multiple accounts as Anaconda said.

vanity
12-03-2009, 10:38 AM

Australian Open- semis
Wimbledon- semis
U.S Open- Champion

Good ridance troll!

On topic,

Australian Open - Champion

French Open - Champion

Wimbledon - Final

US Open - Champion

Ripster
12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Loads of people have been banned today, must be people with multiple accounts as Anaconda said.

I think those 'loads of people' might in fact just be one person. I've had suspicions for a long time that GSF, lambielspins, flying24, and Navratilovafan are the same person. The language they use in each post is similar and they never argued with one another.

I think this person used cuddles and GRAFISGOAT as trolling accounts as well.

Anyway...GO HENIN, lol.

NamRanger
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM

lambielspins alternate account is GrafisGOAT, and it was quite obvious when a parallel was drawn when they basically made the same statement about how "Federer played hundreds of matches better than the one against Safin". In fact, it was near verbatim.

Cyan
12-03-2009, 01:57 PM
I think those 'loads of people' might in fact just be one person. I've had suspicions for a long time that GSF, lambielspins, flying24, and Navratilovafan are the same person. The language they use in each post is similar and they never argued with one another.

Anyway...GO HENIN, lol.

GSF likes Rafa....

lambielspins, flying24, and Navratilovafan all hate Rafa with a passion.

So, lambielspins, flying24, and Navratilovafan might be the same tosser.

But GSF is not them.

Ripster
12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
GSF likes Rafa....

lambielspins, flying24, and Navratilovafan all hate Rafa with a passion.

So, lambielspins, flying24, and Navratilovafan might be the same tosser.

But GSF is not them.

Then can you explain why they all get banned at the same time? And why they all argued the same way? And if GSF had polar opposite fan favourites from the others then why did he/she never debate the others (or more like himself/herself)?

Cyan
12-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Then can you explain why they all get banned at the same time? And why they all argued the same way? And if GSF had polar opposite fan favourites from the others then why did he/she never debate the others (or more like himself/herself)?

Well, if GSF is all of "those Rafa haters" then I will be shocked since she seemed to be a Rafa fan :shock:

Cesc Fabregas
12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree that flying24, lambielspins and Navratilovafan all have the same posting style, all Federer fans, all rip to shreds the WTA, they don't like Nadal and Sampras etc...

Cyan
12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Navratilovafan was the most spiteful and annoying one of those sockpuppets...

Marshredder
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
FO Win, Womens tennis is going to get much more interesting again, Clijsters and Henin back, plus people like Wozniacki posing really serious threads, its going to be much more competitive!

jones101
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Wow im suprised at GSF being banned, but dont think he/she was on of the others. he/she seemed very knowledgable in comparison, and whilst he/she was very opinionated and liked fighting with people.

While I thought its opinions were sometimes wildly misguided, GSF did know their tennis.

Its strange that Cuddles has not been since since GSF banning?????

By the way, this thread is a bit of a fail as we really have no clue how Henin is gonna play until Brisbane, if she had a string of bad results (which is possible given her 08 form) she may retire before end of season.

Cyan
12-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow im suprised at GSF being banned, but dont think he/she was on of the others. he/she seemed very knowledgable in comparison, and whilst he/she was very opinionated and liked fighting with people.

While I thought its opinions were sometimes wildly misguided, GSF did know their tennis.

Its strange that Cuddles has not been since since GSF banning?????

That would be funny. Because GSF didn't like Serena and Cuddles was Serena's number one fan.

egn
12-03-2009, 06:09 PM
That would be funny. Because GSF didn't like Serena and Cuddles was Serena's number one fan.

gsf hated serena's personality but actually was a fan of her talent. She started a threat making a GOAT case for Serena once actually.

kishnabe
12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
AO: Quaters
FO:Champion
WB:Champion
US: Quaters

Feliciano
12-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Henin was burnt out and that is why she left. I suspect the time off has given her a chance to re-charge her batteries. She has stated some specific goals (e.g. Wimbledon title) and even an end date (like Roger, W in 2012). It'll be interesting to see if she can surpass the number of GS titles that Serena has and if she will still have the mental edge over Clijsters (I suspect she still will; however maybe Kim's being a mother and all will give her a new perspective). I agree having both Belgians back can only improve on what has been a horrible season or two of women's tennis (esp the Safina melt downs). I am hoping Wozniacki continues to improve, as she too looks to add some much needed positive personality to the woman's game. I think though that the men's game will still hold more interest, especially in determining if Nadal will ever make it back to being a true top 5 player. (I know he is currenlty number 2, but this is certainly not being reflective in his play/results since he came back from is injury.) It is highly unlikely he will defend his AO title; but perhaps he will regain his confidence on clay (if he avoids Soderling, Djokovic, Del Potro, his fellow Spaniards... :)) This weekend's Davis cup may be telling indeed.

Cesc Fabregas
12-03-2009, 11:42 PM

Anyway...GO HENIN, lol.

WOW. Just searched the forums and you're bang on, flying24, lambielspins and Navratilovafan are definatley the same person, they use the identical language and always agree with each other.

Defcon
12-04-2009, 01:09 AM
I love her game and just want to see her reach deep into the 2nd week, she is such a great fighter.

I hope she wins Wimby, and she has to be the favorite at FO if she plays anywhere close to her previous level.

Here's hoping she teaches the big babes some lessons.

Kevinfiji
12-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Williams sisters both lead their respective head to heads with Henin. VW- Henin 7-2, SW- Henin 7-6.

Henin posted good wins in the recent exhibition in belgium, ousting flavia pennetta in the final. So should be in good form in the AO, however still routing for Venus. Going to watch Brisbane International where Clijsters, Henin, Ivanovic will be headlining. yay!! Andy roddick wil be there also in the mens draw.

Kevinfiji
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
*rooting :)

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM

Australian Open- semis
Wimbledon- semis
U.S Open- Champion

Here are mine:

AO Henin devastates S.Williams
FO Henin devastates S.Williams
W Henin devastates S.Williams
US Henin devastates S.Williams

Well done.:twisted:

OddJack
12-06-2009, 06:09 PM
2009 was the first year I followed some of the WTA matches, specially the USO. Was interested in clijsters and wozniaki, wickmeyere and the Melanie. Now there is some more reason to follow women matches, probably the most interesting one, Henin. Looking forward to it.
cant wait to see her beat Williamses

Bloodshed
12-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Damn the banhammer is a little scary nowadays :shock:

I was happy to see cuddles gone. God she was seriously annoying. Good riddance.

I did like grafselesfan as a poster, she was really insightful with her knowledge (sorry jamesblakefan#1 as much as I find your posts insightful, I do like her posts as well).

Anyways back on topic:

Henin 4th for AO (rust will be a factor)
Either Finals or Champion for RG (only Serena and perhaps Kuznetsova might challenge her)
Wimbledon SF: Both Williams Sister can beat her in grass.
USO: Finals (she will lose to either Serena or Clijsters in the finals)

wta_fan
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I expect a tough comeback from Justine in terms of expectations...especially at the Slams. Better than Sharapova's tough.

vandre
12-08-2009, 12:02 PM
i think that she's got a legitimate shot at winning the french, seeing that she looked like one of the few women in this generation who is comfortable on clay. i think even if kuzzy gets to the finals again i still think a rusty henin can handle her. i think the slower pace will help her should she have any issues with getting her timing back too.

i am less optimistic about the faster surfaces. i think she could make it into the quarters of oz and the uso and maybe the semis at w, depending on how reasonable her draw is.