PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods and as it pertains to Roger

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
What if(god forbid) we ever found out Roger was cheating on Mirka? Would that make you instantly hate the man and never root for him again? Never care about his beautiful game? I know I could never feel the same after such a thing, because a HUGE amount of how I feel about Rog is tied up in his adoration and loyalty for Mirka.

Gemini
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Tiger's personal indiscretions, in this case, have no bearing on his accomplishments. If Roger did the same thing, I'd feel the same way.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
BTW I just realized that after all this, Roger def doesn't want any more association with Tiger.

Chadwixx
12-02-2009, 12:03 PM
No comparison, fed doesnt pay his wife over all million dollars a year to stay with him.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
No comparison, fed doesnt pay his wife over all million dollars a year to stay with him.

Mirka was smitten with Rog BEFORE he became a super-star. So we know it's never been about the money.

BigServer1
12-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Tiger's personal life is his personal life...Same with every other star or famous person out there.

It's estimated that 60% of spouses will cheat. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that one of the richest, most famous athletes in the world would cheat on his wife.

RafaNike
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
What would happen if Mirka found out he was cheating on her with a man? :(

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM

You mean if she found out he was cheating on her with Rafa? :):) Because we know that only Rafa is Rogi's true love.

Antonio Puente
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
What if(god forbid) we ever found out Roger was cheating on Mirka? Would that make you instantly hate the man and never root for him again?

No, but I would be curious to see just what type of chubby temptress it would take to force Fed to lose all self control.

hoosierbr
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I think Mirka would kick the s**t out of Roger if he was doing that. I agree it'd be a dark day in tennis if Roger drives his car into a tree in Basel b/c his wife was chasing him with a tennis racquet.

Cesc Fabregas
12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Mirka wouldn't leave Roger, too much to lose for her. She has such easy life, she has basically done nothing for the last 6 years.

ksbh
12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
That night, she'd decide to get on 'top'. Needless to say, that'd be enough to ... 'crush' Federer! LOL!

[d]ragon
12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Isn't she his manager or something like that?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Tiger's personal life is his personal life...Same with every other star or famous person out there.

It's estimated that 60% of spouses will cheat. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that one of the richest, most famous athletes in the world would cheat on his wife.

I agree.
But what DOES surprise me is doing it despite the fact that Tiger`s wife is lightyears out of his league look-wise.

Bhagi Katbamna
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
It wouldn't diminish his accomplishments but will diminish my respect for his character.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree.
But what DOES surprise me is doing it despite the fact that Tiger`s wife is lightyears out of his league look-wise.

Women dig rich dudes. Besides Tiger is in great shape.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Roger Federer - "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

TheMagicianOfPrecision
12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Women dig rich dudes. Besides Tiger is in great shape.

Yes- I am fully aware of this- Still, she is lightyears out of his league.

Bhagi Katbamna
12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree.

Just goes to show that men can tired of even supermodels(much faster depending on if the women are high-maintenance).

TheMagicianOfPrecision
12-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Just goes to show that men can tired of even supermodels(much faster depending on if the women are high-maintenance).

Absolutely- These days, me personally would rather go (longterm) with a woman who is a "6"/10 (and with great personality) than someone who is a "10" (with a bad personality).

dozu
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
it wouldn't take away rog's tennis achivement, but certainly will take away his image as a class act.

I wouldn't think Rog would do that... he could have married any hot chick he liked... instead he stuck with Mirka... this is true love at work.

Tiger instead, married this swimsuit model, just for her skin deep beauty.... the blonde prolly knows nothing about golf, about his biz.... skin deep beauty therefore can only last so long and the marriage is doomed to be a failure.

asafi2
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Considering that Roger has not missed a night of sleeping with Mirka for 8+ years (his words)...it would be hard for him to cheat.

Annika
12-02-2009, 01:55 PM
it wouldn't take away rog's tennis achivement, but certainly will take away his image as a class act.

I wouldn't think Rog would do that... he could have married any hot chick he liked... instead he stuck with Mirka... this is true love at work.

Tiger instead, married this swimsuit model, just for her skin deep beauty.... the blonde prolly knows nothing about golf, about his biz.... skin deep beauty therefore can only last so long and the marriage is doomed to be a failure.

Check out your facts. Elin is a pretty good golfer and sports enthusiast from what I heard. I'm not excusing Tiger, but I do think he needs some professional help. He needs to grow up.

CCNM
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I would be very disappointed in Roger, just like I'm disappointed in Tiger.

alcap26
12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Tiger proved with his actions of sleeping with another woman while his wife was pregnant with his child just how much of a low life ******* he is.

Cyan
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
He probably cheats on fatass Mirka but he is not stupid to get caught.

LafayetteHitter
12-02-2009, 02:51 PM
How does Tiger Woods cheating on his wife with a bar ***** pertain to Roger?

shaysrebelII
12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
sure Rog and Mirka have true, time tested love, but also don't forget that they have a business relationship too. This isn't the case for Tiger and Elin, so I don't expect Fed to fall victim to infidelity like Tiger.

Still, if it did happen? I don't even wanna think about that. I'm not sure if I'd ever think of him the same way again...

pound cat
12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Absolutely- These days, me personally would rather go (longterm) with a woman who is a "6"/10 (and with great personality) than someone who is a "10" (with a bad personality).

Smart guy! Women everywhere are looking for men like you,

dlk
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM

Accurate. I would respect his tennis just the same. We're talking about men now:twisted:

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I'd take a 10/10 with a great personality. :)

IvanAndreevich
12-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Mirka wouldn't leave Roger, too much to lose for her. She has such easy life, she has basically done nothing for the last 6 years.

She is a HUGE part of his team, almost always travels everywhere with his. She's basically his manager. And she's done an awesome job of it too.

He probably cheats on fatass Mirka but he is not stupid to get caught.

That's a compliment, I suppose?

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Cesc & Cyan = ******-bag hater trolls.

raiden031
12-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I would definitely lose respect for Fed if he cheated. It just shows a pretty significant character flaw to do that. I don't only like Federer for his game, but I also like his character, so it matters.

texasdoc
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
She got with Fed when he was a nobody. That is very important to a smart man.

She also has pushed him to become the great player he is and shares his passion for tennis.

Sure, she is average looking, but you have to understand that a mature man values things other than just looks. Looks fade - pretty quickly for women to be honest

If Rog did that I would lose a lot of the admiration I have for him. It would be a sad day for Fed fans.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 06:25 PM
She got with Fed when he was a nobody. That is very important to a smart man.

She also has pushed him to become the great player he is and shares his passion for tennis.

Sure, she is average looking, but you have to understand that a mature man values things other than just looks. Looks fade - pretty quickly for women to be honest

If Rog did that I would lose a lot of the admiration I have for him. It would be a sad day for Fed fans.

The good news is I've never even heard a rumor that he's a hound. You know the paparazzis, they would have found something by now.

Fedace
12-02-2009, 06:25 PM
What if(god forbid) we ever found out Roger was cheating on Mirka? Would that make you instantly hate the man and never root for him again? Never care about his beautiful game? I know I could never feel the same after such a thing, because a HUGE amount of how I feel about Rog is tied up in his adoration and loyalty for Mirka.

Fat women are too intimidated by Roger. I don't think Mirka has anything to worry about...:)

Seany
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
With Tiger about to lose sponsorship from Nike, think of the extra bucks they're going to give to Roger...he's the top guy for them now.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Fat women are too intimidated by Roger. I don't think Mirka has anything to worry about...:)

Hater troll. If anything Mirka calls the shots at home. She intimidates HIM. :evil:

AM95
12-02-2009, 06:37 PM
BTW I just realized that after all this, Roger def doesn't want any more association with Tiger.

I dont think thats incredibly true. Tiger is a ******bag though..so i wouldnt want to associate with him if i was in Roger's place whether or not he cheated on his wife.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 06:39 PM
^^^
You think that's not true or true? I def think Roger would distance himself from Tiger. Def wait to see the endorsement fallout. If Nike drops Tiger at the very least.

Outbeyond
12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I've completed reviewing all comments thus far...sensitive, thoughtful. :)

As for me, Roger would still be one of the all-time great tennis players but would no longer be one of my all-time favorite public figures.

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I've completed reviewing all comments thus far...sensitive, thoughtful. :)

As for me, Roger would still be one of the all-time great tennis players but would no longer be one of my all-time favorite public figures.

The same thing applies to Rafa too. A huge part of why I like him is his loyalty to Xicsa. They've been together since 2005 and that's important to me!

Outbeyond
12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
The same thing applies to Rafa too. A huge part of why I like him is his loyalty to Xicsa. They've been together since 2005 and that's important to me!

Yes and, too, his obvious sense of responsibility as a leader in the world of tennis...Roger also carries that mantle extremely well, and they both have earned and deserved much respect for it!

Chadwixx
12-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Cesc Fabregas
Hall Of Fame

Not exactly mr active yourself :)

AM95
12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
^^^
You think that's not true or true? I def think Roger would distance himself from Tiger. Def wait to see the endorsement fallout. If Nike drops Tiger at the very least.

lets face it, he wont lose his endorsement deal..
@ your question on whether or not i think roger will associate with tiger:

i think that Tiger's actions wont have an affect on the relations between Tiger and Roger, so i disagree with your statement.

however, if i was Federer, i would never have become friends with Tiger in the first place, because from my standpoint, and from a friends standpoint who has met Tiger (father works for NetJets..) he is known to be a total *****hole, as justified by his affair with that waitress.

AM95
12-02-2009, 07:12 PM

i thought rafa wasn't dating Xicsa anymore?:confused:

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Roger's "friendship" with Tiger was orchestrated by IMG(both are clients) to further both brands. I'm pretty sure while Roger has respect for Tiger as a big-time champ that's where it pretty much ends.

texasdoc
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't think Tiger will lose endorsements - just like Kobe it will blow over eventually. His value might go down, however.

But, his "clean" image he has cultivated for so many years is now gone forever. It seemed pretty fake from the beginning - he stayed away from controversy so well until he screwed up big-time.

veroniquem
12-02-2009, 07:19 PM
i thought rafa wasn't dating Xicsa anymore?:confused:
Yes he is but they're not married. Rafa started dating her when he was very young. It could be an open relationship. They seem to be fairly independent from each other.

AM95
12-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes he is but they're not married. Rafa started dating her when he was very young. It could be an open relationship. They seem to be fairly independent from each other.

thanks for clarifying..because i could have swore i read something about him booking a hotel before the Thailand Open with some other girl..so yea..

McBrat
12-02-2009, 08:35 PM
First Henry and now Tiger? Maybe it's all part of a campaign by Schick!

downdaline
12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Isnt she his manager? It'd be kinda difficult squeezing an affair into your schedule when your wife is the one doing the scheduling.

LoL...

lawrence
12-02-2009, 09:32 PM

What do you think happens if they divorce :p

50 - 50.

Such a cruel world we live in haha

Rorschach
12-02-2009, 11:43 PM
I love watching his tennis, that will never change. As far as him being a role model or not...couldn't care less.
Picasso was a notorious womanizer, and that did not prevent him of becoming the most important painter of the 20th century. People are imperfect. Tiger Woods cheated and so does the most guys i know.

equinox
12-03-2009, 01:46 AM
That's right, man isn't suppose to be devoted to single women.

All these "players" in tennis, golf or any well paying major sport have companionship arranged in every city they visit.
girlfriend or not, do you seriously expect a superstar to go without for 2-3 or more months at a time? get real, good on you tiger, score a few more holes in one.

Fed Kennedy
12-03-2009, 01:50 AM
holding out for the gillete cocktail waitress banging ad...

AM95
12-03-2009, 03:32 AM
What do you think happens if they divorce :p

50 - 50.

Such a cruel world we live in haha

maybe roger signed a prenup lol

sureshs
12-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Federer will do it discretely in European hot spots, not make a public fool of himself like Tiger Woodie.

I can understand Tiger's frustration. Worth a billion dollars, but stuck with the same woman? He must be thinking - dudes making 20K a year are having more fun playing around with girls and here I am, forced to be some moral public figure and show up at charities.

lawrence
12-03-2009, 06:05 AM
maybe roger signed a prenup lol

haha, that would work but i can't picture it one bit

settolove
12-03-2009, 07:49 AM

When would he find the time? Those two are literally joined at the hip. If he was sleeping with someone else I seriously doubt it would be without her knowledge... someone has to schedule in the time. :twisted:

Seriously Roger doesn't seem the type. The innocent little catholic boy only had one girlfriend before Mirka...

If it did come out I wouldn't actually care tbh. I love his tennis. I would still cheer for him. He doesn't project an a-hole vibe.

P_Agony
12-03-2009, 07:54 AM

I like Rogere's game, so I couldn't care less about what he does in his personal life.

Blinkism
12-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I think Roger and Mirka have a very healthy relationship. Or where did you think Fed's back problems came from?

sureshs
12-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I think Roger and Mirka have a very healthy relationship. Or where did you think Fed's back problems came from?

They came from Nadal.

Now they are coming from Del Potro.

P_Agony
12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
They came from Nadal.

Actually they come from lifting all those grand slam trophies. That's a lot of weight. Especially the Cincy one.

Blinkism
12-03-2009, 08:47 AM
They came from Nadal.

Actually they come from lifting all those grand slam trophies. That's a lot of weight. Especially the Cincy one.

Not where I was going with that comment, but I like where you guys took it.

:lol:

TheNatural
12-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Fed is going to lose credibility if he keeps hanging around Tiger or if he makes more commercials with him.

Blinkism
12-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I heard that Federer used to be good friends with Eliot Spitzer.

Cyan
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Federer will do it discretely in European hot spots, not make a public fool of himself like Tiger Woodie.

I'm sure he every once in a while "has to" travel alone. Wether to shoot an advertisement anywhere, train in Dubai, or whatever. But there is no way Mirka is stucked on him 24/7. And he is so famous and wealthy that he must have girls and guys everywhere coying over him.

sureshs
12-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm sure he every once in a while "has to" travel alone. Wether to shoot an advertisement anywhere, train in Dubai, or whatever. But there is no way Mirka is stucked on him 24/7. And he is so famous and wealthy that he must have girls and guys everywhere coying over him.

But somehow he does not seem to be the kind of person who will let someone near him whom he does not know. He has too much ego and self-respect to just get together with someone on the fly.

Cyan
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
But somehow he does not seem to be the kind of person who will let someone near him whom he does not know. He has too much ego and self-respect to just get together with someone on the fly.

Gavin Rossdale is not a stranger if you know what I mean :lol:

sureshs
12-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Gavin Rossdale is not a stranger if you know what I mean :lol:

There is NO DOUBT about it

Cyan
12-03-2009, 09:24 AM
There is NO DOUBT about it

:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet Gwen joins in the fun.

sureshs
12-03-2009, 09:25 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet Gwen joins in the fun.

Nah Gwen is washed up with kids and all.

Cyan
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Nah Gwen is washed up with kids and all.

Then it's a total **** affair between Fed and Gavin :lol:

Cyan
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
LOL. Why is h.o.m.o a banned word here? :lol:

federer_FREAK
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Fed is going to lose credibility if he keeps hanging around Tiger or if he makes more commercials with him.

Yea when Obama went to China, people thought he is trying to bring communism back to the U.S.

JoshDragon
12-03-2009, 09:55 AM

It would be disappointing and I'd lose respect for him but I think I'd still like him somewhat.

kishnabe
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't think Roger would do that since he knows he is a role model for tennis and swiss people. I mean it would be a bad name for swiss if he got caught, but that is if he got caught.

Banger
12-03-2009, 10:11 AM

Yeah but the average joe isnt getting paid 100's of millions of dollars from sponsers to portray a certain image and uphold that image.

TheMusicLover
12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
OP has too much free time on his hands. ;)

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
What if what if. Who gives a flipping fonzworth.

Gemini
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
I just can't believe that people are holding Eldrick "Tiger" Woods to some higher standard than any other man. The guy cheated just like many men/women of varying tax brackets do day-in and day-out.

I don't feel sorry for either of them to be honest. Tiger's wife had/has to know what she was getting into with him and what the risks are. And he knew/knows that his life is under a microscopic. He was dumb enough to risk getting caught....and he did.

Nadalfan89
12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
What if Mirka cheated on Roger....with Nadal.

DRII
12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I agree.

I don't htink either looks that good. But they made pretty babies!

And some of you Roger worshippers are being a little naive, I am almost certain Roger may have cheated on his now wife at some point now or in the future.

Badger
12-03-2009, 12:54 PM

It is also estimated that 87% of statistics are made up...

batz
12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by TheMagicianOfPrecision
I agree.

Reminds me of a TV show called Mrs Merton, where a female comedian pretended to be an old lady who interviewed celebrities.

One night she was interviewing Debbie Magee, wife and stage partner of short, bald, but very successful magician Paul Daniels; when she asked the question:

"So Debbie - what was it about multi-millionaire magician Paul Daniels that first attracted you to him?":)

Outbeyond
12-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I heard that Federer used to be good friends with Eliot Spitzer.

That's funny!

Andy G
12-03-2009, 06:20 PM
You mean if she found out he was cheating on her with Rafa? :):) Because we know that only Rafa is Rogi's true love.

You might be on to something. I see the way they look across net at each other. I thought it was just me. I mean, after all, Fed did let him win 6 slams. You know, like a diamond ring, only for a man.

PS, this is a joke, for all you idiots who are gonna comment on the 'giving him 6 slams' part.

veroniquem
12-03-2009, 06:33 PM
What if Mirka cheated on Roger....with Nadal.
Forget it. Once she would get a taste of a real hunk like Rafa, she could never go back to a fugly guy like Fed ;)

Serendipitous
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
What if Mirkasm cheated on Roger with gj011.......

Chadwixx
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
And some of you Roger worshippers are being a little naive, I am almost certain Roger may have cheated on his now wife at some point now or in the future.

Sounds like proof to me :)

Chadwixx
12-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Forget it. Once she would get a taste of a real hunk like Rafa, she could never go back to a fugly guy like Fed ;)

Roids arent good for your testicular fortitude. Somethings get bigger, others...

volleynets
12-03-2009, 07:38 PM

You are so clueless. Have you ever been in a serious relationship??

volleynets
12-03-2009, 07:41 PM

You are superficial and shallow as well. And you are a mother too shame on you.

mandy01
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
You are superficial and shallow as well. And you are a mother too shame on you. Dosent surprise me :lol:
Anyway,Tiger is not the first athlete to get into an affair nor will he be the last.It shouldnt really matter much IMO.

Chadwixx
12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
The contraction in his on air personality makes it interesting.

Tiger should learn from richard williams. Avoid these problems. He knows how to keep a woman in check.

veroniquem
12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Roids arent good for your testicular fortitude. Somethings get bigger, others...
Poor Roger! He really has nothing going for him then :(

veroniquem
12-03-2009, 09:21 PM
You are superficial and shallow as well.

If showing appreciation for sexiness is being shallow, then all the men on this board are worse than me :twisted:

DRII
12-04-2009, 05:24 AM
The contraction in his on air personality makes it interesting.

Tiger should learn from richard williams. Avoid these problems. He knows how to keep a woman in check.

Uhm...

Tiger would never follow in Richard's foot-steps, He doesn't seem to be into 'black' women.

Another example of him shunning his heritage, or atleast part of his heritage.

Do all Sweedish wives go after you with a blunt object if you get caught (LOL)...

Gemini
12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Uhm...

Tiger would never follow in Richard's foot-steps, He doesn't seem to be into 'black' women.

Do all Sweedish wives go after you with a blunt object if you get caught (LOL)...

I'll defend Tiger regarding who he chose to marry. If that's who he connected on THAT level, so be it. Can any of us honestly say he exclusively is attracted to white women? I don't see his choice of a partner as an indication that he's shunning part of his heritage.

I'm mixed-race (black/hispanic/native american....with a tiny bit of white in there as wel). My current better half is half black/half white. Am I shunning my hispanic/native american heritage because of my chosen partner?

DRII
12-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I'll defend Tiger regarding who he chose to marry. If that's who he connected on THAT level, so be it. Can any of us honestly say he exclusively is attracted to white women? I don't see his choice of a partner as an indication that he's shunning part of his heritage.

I'm mixed-race (black/hispanic/native american....with a tiny bit of white in there as wel). My current better half is half black/half white. Am I shunning my hispanic/native american heritage because of my chosen partner?

Gemini, ofcourse he has a right to marry, and then cheat on, who he wants.

I am black (black American - which in its self means a whole lot mixed in, some native american on my dad's side; a little latin (puerto rican) and irish on my mom's side going way back, and thats just what we know about) and I have dated outside my 'race', but not exclusively outside of my race.

And I think 'mixed' children are the most beautiful in the world! I am sure, if or when, you and your better half have any kids they will be pretty as can be.

The point is Tiger Woods, in my opinion, tends to shun or at least not awknowledge the 'black' part of his heritage. Notice none of the alleged mistresses were black. Also, there are many instances were Mr. Woods has refused to attend or speak at black themed celebrations, such as the recognition of Jackie Robinson in the 90's. He has also stated he doesn't like to be called 'African American' or black.

And with all that being said; it is absolutely his preogative to do what he wants. Tiger is as Tiger does. But I feel my opinion is certainly not unfounded.

sureshs
12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6723074/Tiger-Woods-accused-of-offering-1-million-to-stop-Rachel-Uchitel-talking.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6722223/Tiger-Woods-offered-wife-Elin-5m-after-transgressions.html

wangs78
12-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Gemini, ofcourse he has a right to marry, and then cheat on, who he wants.

I am black (black American - which in its self means a whole lot mixed in, some native american on my dad's side; a little latin (puerto rican) and irish on my mom's side going way back, and thats just what we know about) and I have dated outside my 'race', but not exclusively outside of my race.

And I think 'mixed' children are the most beautiful in the world! I am sure, if or when, you and your better half have any kids they will be pretty as can be.

The point is Tiger Woods, in my opinion, tends to shun or at least not awknowledge the 'black' part of his heritage. Notice none of the alleged mistresses were black. Also, there are many instances were Mr. Woods has refused to attend or speak at black themed celebrations, such as the recognition of Jackie Robinson in the 90's. He has also stated he doesn't like to be called 'African American' or black.

And with all that being said; it is absolutely his preogative to do what he wants. Tiger is as Tiger does. But I feel my opinion is certainly not unfounded.

He also hasn't spoken at any Asian themed celebrations and none of his mistresses are Asian. Tiger is half Asian, in case you've forgotten. Not everyone of a particular ethnic background feels like they need to "give back".

sureshs
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah otherwise Ethiopia will be the richest country on earth as all of us will have to give back to that place from where we came.

DRII
12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
He also hasn't spoken at any Asian themed celebrations and none of his mistresses are Asian. Tiger is half Asian, in case you've forgotten. Not everyone of a particular ethnic background feels like they need to "give back".

yeah, but the difference is, tiger in America is identified as black. its more or less the 'one drop' rule; which basically means if you have any 'black' in you, you are black. i.e. colin powell, barack obama etc etc.

and if anyone of a particular ethnic background doesn't want to 'give back', particularly if that ethnic background has a history of oppression and/or discrimination, then yes... i consider that person as 'shunning' that part of their ethnic background or heritage.

pound cat
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I have seern this thread on every big tennis message board. In NO way does Woods revelations (or to be exact the revelations of the many women who now are being bought off to be quiet) pertain to Federer

It is the stupidest comparsion that's been on this board since the thread comparing Karlovic and Rochus ' heights as to how it pertains to tennis.,

pound cat
12-05-2009, 06:12 PM
yeah, but the difference is, tiger in America is identified as black. its more or less the 'one drop' rule; which basically means if you have any 'black' in you, you are black. i.e. colin powell, barack obama etc etc.

and if anyone of a particular ethnic background doesn't want to 'give back', particularly if that ethnic background has a history of oppression and/or discrimination, then yes... i consider that person as 'shunning' that part of their ethnic background or heritage.

Ironic. Americans are proud to say that they have even one drop of aboriginal blood, yet the thought of "giving back" to the most oppressed group in the history of America (& all of North America for that matter, Canadians are no different )does not cross their minds.

Why do you think that is?

TheTruth
12-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I have seern this thread on every big tennis message board. In NO way does Woods revelations (or to be exact the revelations of the many women who now are being bought off to be quiet) pertain to Federer

It is the stupidest comparsion that's been on this board since the thread comparing Karlovic and Rochus ' heights as to how it pertains to tennis.,

Great post. I was thinking the same thing.

pound cat
12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Great post. I was thinking the same thing.

Vicarious living .....also seen on TV and read in tabloids.

DRII
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Ironic. Americans are proud to say that they have even one drop of aboriginal blood, yet the thought of "giving back" to the most oppressed group in the history of America (& all of North America for that matter, Canadians are no different )does not cross their minds.

Why do you think that is?

Where are you from? Because i do not understand your question. 'Aboriginal' blood, do you mean Native American?

ksbh
12-11-2009, 12:28 PM
The no. 1 golfer is a disgrace! Being single and sleeping with different women is one thing. I think the occasional affair from a demand of the senses whilst being married can be excused as well. But to be married and sleep with different women on an alarmingly regular basis as this moron has been doing, shows an utter disregard for the commitment that marriage is. His wife must be one dumb woman for not suspecting anything all these years!

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Tiger is like triracial. And he didnt disrespect his heritage. I'm sure he got them all :)

TheMusicLover
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Uhm...

Uhm... might it just be his personal taste? Some of us fancy blondes, others blacks, some of us even like redheads! (;))

I've never heard the comment 'he is shunning his heritage' when it came to Boris Becker, who obviously digs black women a lot (all of his GFs, groupies and wives were at least partly black)... strange. :confused:

matchmaker
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I really think that whomever Tiger Woods likes to f***, is really his own business.

pound cat
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Where are you from? Because i do not understand your question. 'Aboriginal' blood, do you mean Native American?

aboriganals are people who are native to the land they live in. Eg, Maori, Inuit, Native Americans

pound cat
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM

I am Canadian. And where are you from?

PS aboriginal is in any English dictionary.

WhiskeyEE
12-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Roger doesn't have a hot wife like Tiger does, so it would be acceptable.

But in all seriousness, I'd probably lose respect for him.

pound cat
12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Tiger as he pertains to Obama,,

Lead article in the current issue of Golf Digest

10 TIPS OBAMA CAN TAKE FROM TIGER

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/30077-golf-digest-stands-by-putting-tiger-woods-on-cover-with-obama/1260805473_golf-digest-290.jpg

The article “10 Tips Obama can take from Tiger” reads, “Woods is a good role model … because he has always been able to pull himself together after setbacks.” It reads further, “Woods never does anything that would make himself look ridiculous.”

ROTFLMAO

leeroy85
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I think Mirka is very beautiful. Roger seems genuine as evident with his emotions after GS finals. In hindsight, it appears Tiger had a some phoney boloney in him compared to how he was marketed.

CMM
12-15-2009, 04:44 AM
He's also involved in a doping scandal now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2009/12/14/2009-12-14_tigers_doc_linked_to_hgh.html

pame
12-15-2009, 04:59 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2009/12/14/2009-12-14_tigers_doc_linked_to_hgh.html

Why would Tiger need dope? He already won a major on one leg, duh!

dropshot winner
12-15-2009, 05:01 AM

By those standards, so is Nadal.

Nadal was mentioned alongside Fuentes, it's similiar case here with Woods.

Ties (allegded or not) to a dubios doctors are no proof of doping.

CMM
12-15-2009, 05:10 AM
By those standards, so is Nadal.

Nadal was mentioned alongside Fuentes, it's similiar case here with Woods.

Ties (allegded or not) to a dubios doctors are no proof of doping.

It's not a similar case. There is no proof that Rafa had any connection with Fuentes.
Tony Galea WAS Tiger Wood's doctor. But I agree, this is not a proof that he was doping.

dropshot winner
12-15-2009, 05:20 AM
It's not a similar case. There is no proof that Rafa had any connection with Fuentes.
Tony Galea WAS Tiger Wood's doctor. But I agree, this is not a proof that he was doping.

A few years ago there was an article about people who saw the Fuentes list before the spanish autorities made it disappear.

It was said that Nadal and high-profile players from FC Barcelona and Real Madrid were on it.
Even Fuentes himself confirmed that very well known athletes were his customers, and not just cyclists.

When you think about it, literally billions were at stake, so it's not surprising that the list is gone, the story dead, and that only some cyclicst got exposed.

For me those are all similiar cases. The athletes in question are innocent until proven guilty, but some suspicions will stay in any case.

DRII
12-15-2009, 05:21 AM
I am Canadian. And where are you from?

PS aboriginal is in any English dictionary.

PS: the context in which you originally used aboriginal was way off, no matter the technical defintion.

Americans do not refer to Native Americans as aboriginals, and even if we did - Native Americans have nothing to do with the discussion about Tiger Woods. He has no Native American heritage that i know of.

CMM
12-15-2009, 06:13 AM
A few years ago there was an article about people who saw the Fuentes list before the spanish autorities made it disappear.

It was said that Nadal and high-profile players from FC Barcelona and Real Madrid were on it.
Even Fuentes himself confirmed that very well known athletes were his customers, and not just cyclists.

When you think about it, literally billions were at stake, so it's not surprising that the list is gone, the story dead, and that only some cyclicst got exposed.

For me those are all similiar cases. The athletes in question are innocent until proven guilty, but some suspicions will stay in any case.

People say many things... (drakulie is a good example)

BorisBecker1872
12-15-2009, 09:28 AM

I assume she would leave him. And I'm sure it
would be an epic scandal and would cost
Roger most of his endorsements because of the morality clause in his contracts.

BorisBecker

ksbh
12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Accenture pulled the plug on the No. 1 golfer and so did Gillette. I hope the others follow in their wake. Wan*kers like this guy shouldn't be endorsing products in society!

xolair
12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Nike will never pull out. Look at all the thugs Nike sponsors in the NBA. They won't risk losing millions of thug-wannabies.

nikdom
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Anybody know if Roger was asked about his buddy Tiger Woods yet?

joeri888
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I would be disappointed. But everything is bigger in America. Fed would still be the amazing tennis player he is and I'd still appreciate him for it. But still, I rather do not know if he does cheat on Mirka.

2slik
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM

I would not give a DAMN because I'm not a WOMAN.

Rhino
01-13-2010, 01:49 AM
I would not give a DAMN because I'm not a WOMAN.

I don't understand. So you have to be a woman to give a damn about a sports star cheating?

nikdom
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Roger spoke to Tiger Woods. Says Tiger "needs calm", that Roger expressed his support and that "Tiger will be back as the wonderful golfer we know".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/15/roger-federer-tiger-woods_n_424365.html

I don't mean to condone what Tiger did (although I would be a hypocrite if I said I would not do what he did if I were in his place), but good to see Roger being there for his friend when he's in trouble. Roger is not just a fair-weather friend. Also, I think people like Roger are exactly who Tiger needs around him, not Charles Barkley or MJ - they are bad company for Tiger.

RCizzle65
01-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Accenture pulled the plug on the No. 1 golfer and so did Gillette. I hope the others follow in their wake. Wan*kers like this guy shouldn't be endorsing products in society!

I still don't get this, I buy Gillette because they work for me, not because Tiger/Roger/whoever else uses them...although if I did, I wouldn't stop using them because Tiger played more holes then the standard course....if the razor still works, then I'm fine with it, I don't get Gillette's reason, or any company for that matter, to pull out on endorsements, I think people are just dumb if they stop using a companys product because Tiger Woods used it....

sureshs
01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I still don't get this, I buy Gillette because they work for me, not because Tiger/Roger/whoever else uses them

That is what everybody says. Market intelligence people know differently. None of the following may apply to you in particular, but they apply broadly.

Endorsements may have gotten you thinking about Gillette the first time.
Endorsements may have gotten you sticking to it and not trying other brands.
Endorsements may have gotten Gillette brand recognition which is useful for political reasons and expanding abroad.
Endorsements may have convinced you that Gillette is a safe product and you are OK using it.

All these things are called "mindshare."

kelawai
01-16-2010, 12:52 AM

I agree with you. That's his personal life. I don't think he has many girlfriends has to do with winning many tournaments. He is just unfaithful to his wife.

If he is using HGH or any other drugs to help him win tournaments. Then, this is not right to all other competitors and to his fans.