PDA

View Full Version : Fedal doubles?

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to pair up at say Miami, just for the heck of it? I feel Roger has to be the one to initiate the process.

AM95
12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
miami...on fricking clay! they would totally own EVERYONE!

dlk
12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
They'd own everyone, every surface, & every place:shock::shock::shock:

IvanAndreevich
12-02-2009, 07:03 PM
miami...on fricking clay! they would totally own EVERYONE!

Miami is a HC MS1000 event. Maybe you are thinking Monte Carlo?

veroniquem
12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to pair up at say Miami, just for the heck of it? I feel Roger has to be the one to initiate the process.
It seems Nadal has always wanted to but Fed has never agreed. Fed is such a snob :-|

RCizzle65
12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Fed has said he'd like to play doubles with Nadal or Roddick...don't know though if he'll ever act on it.

dlk
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Honestly, how do you think they'd do against the Bryan Bros? At least the first few times they met.

veroniquem
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Nadal has asked him in the past and Fed said no. Maybe it would be different now but I'm not holding my breath.

AM95
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Miami is a HC MS1000 event. Maybe you are thinking Monte Carlo?

sorry.. i forgot to write in "forget miami" but that still wouldn' t be written in the best form..but yea i meant that they should play on clay together.

prattle128
12-02-2009, 07:24 PM
It sure would be fun to watch. Federer and Wawrinka played the Bryan Bros and beat them in Beijing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyqHjNzFeM

Serendipitous
12-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Nadal has asked him in the past and Fed said no. Maybe it would be different now but I'm not holding my breath.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Rhino
12-02-2009, 07:27 PM
It would be cool, i hope they do it one day.

IvanAndreevich
12-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Are you sure about that? Link?

I remember some interviewer asking Fed about it and he said he's doesn't rule it out.

veroniquem
12-02-2009, 07:35 PM

I remember some interviewer asking Fed about it and he said he's doesn't rule it out.
Nadal said in an interview, I believe it was in 2007 for French TV that he asked Fed to play doubles with him but it didn't work out.

IvanAndreevich
12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Nadal said in an interview, I believe it was in 2007 for French TV that he asked Fed to play doubles with him but it didn't work out.

Here's what I was able to find: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=592424

I think the main thing preventing it from happening is that Federer indeed barely plays any doubles and just tries to conserve himself for the singles.

flyinghippos101
12-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Its funny, probably one of the reasons the bryan bros got upset by Fed and Wawrinka was beause Fed forced them to engage in baseline rallies :D, and when Federer gets involved in baseline rallies, he leaves no survivors.

Leelord337
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
It sure would be fun to watch. Federer and Wawrinka played the Bryan Bros and beat them in Beijing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyqHjNzFeM

this was probably the best doubles match i've ever seen

President of Serve/Volley
12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Federer with John McEnroe would be quite something...

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Federer with John McEnroe would be quite something...

Mac is too old and slow for top-level doubles.

President of Serve/Volley
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Mac is too old and slow for top-level doubles.

How about Fed with Bjorkman?

MuseFan
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM

That would be excellent.

malakas
12-02-2009, 09:56 PM

That would be excellent.

ANY Bjorkman would be excellent!
Come on Jonas!Come back!!!!:(

Yes I remember this too.Fed was too busy..but Fed doesn't play any doubles at all anymore except for Switzerland and he only plays with Wawa or his best friend Yves.

Bud
12-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I believe the proper doubles team terminology would be Naderer... not Fedal :)

RCizzle65
12-02-2009, 10:03 PM
When did Federer play doubles with Safin? I know he played doubles with Hewitt in the 1999 Wimbledon, and lost in the 3rd round in the 5th set against Rafter/Bjorkman

RafaNike
12-02-2009, 10:14 PM
The Megapowers of tennis come together or would they turn on each other like Macho Man and Hulk Hogan?

malakas
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
When did Federer play doubles with Safin? I know he played doubles with Hewitt in the 1999 Wimbledon, and lost in the 3rd round in the 5th set against Rafter/Bjorkman

2001 in Gstaad.They won the title against Hill/Tarango.

Leelord337
12-02-2009, 11:01 PM
what about a fed/henin mixed doubles team :)

malakas
12-02-2009, 11:16 PM
what about a fed/henin mixed doubles team :)

kolya/serena?:twisted: cuddles would love!

AM95
12-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Here's what I was able to find: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=592424

I think the main thing preventing it from happening is that Federer indeed barely plays any doubles and just tries to conserve himself for the singles.

i personally think that he doesn't want to play with nadal because that would allow Nadal the opportunity to analyze his game a lot closely, finding small weaknesses that he wouldn't find on tape, which is why im sure they dont practice together.

malakas
12-03-2009, 04:03 AM
i personally think that he doesn't want to play with nadal because that would allow Nadal the opportunity to analyze his game a lot closely, finding small weaknesses that he wouldn't find on tape, which is why im sure they dont practice together.

this can work both ways,and Fed finding out more about nad's weaknesses.Their h2h after all shows who wins most times in their matches,and therefore who could benefit the most.

they did practice together this year at the wtf,-probably bec Fed wanted to prepare for Nando though.

TheMusicLover
12-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes I remember this too.Fed was too busy..but Fed doesn't play any doubles at all anymore except for Switzerland and he only plays with Wawa or his best friend Yves.

He said at that time that it didn't fit his schedule (obviously - he knows how to plan his schedule!), but added 'maybe in the future'. It wasn't a blunt 'no', as some seem to want to make believe.

icedevil0289
12-03-2009, 10:16 AM
He said at that time that it didn't fit his schedule (obviously - he knows how to plan his schedule!), but added 'maybe in the future'. It wasn't a blunt 'no', as some seem to want to make believe.

I remember him saying that he hardly plays doubles and if he does he would like to play with his fellow swiss players. I have no idea why some people *cough, veroniquem, cough* assume that not playing doubles with nadal is considered being a snob. I mean god forbid one says no to playing doubles. How dare fed. Sorry for little rant.

IvanAndreevich
12-03-2009, 10:42 AM

Umm.. they do practice together. They practiced at the WTF this year.

TheMusicLover
12-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I remember him saying that he hardly plays doubles and if he does he would like to play with his fellow swiss players.

Yep, but I remember he also said that he might consider playing with Rafa in the future, as he thought it a 'charming idea and very good for tennis' (or words like that). I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it happen at Wimbledon in two years or so. Not now, of course, for obvious reasons.
I mean, they even agreed to play that 'Battle of the Surfaces'-nonsense, so why not this? :)

I have no idea why some people *cough, veroniquem, cough* assume that not playing doubles with nadal is considered being a snob. I mean god forbid one says no to playing doubles. How dare fed. Sorry for little rant.

Heh heh. Yeah, how terrible of the guy to put his own career on top of the importance list right now. :???:

Umm.. they do practice together. They practiced at the WTF this year.

And it's not that they don't know each others' games well enough by now, having played each other for five years already.

GasquetGOAT
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM

Really? Maybe its because Fed is married already. I don't think Fed would cheat on Mirka for Rafa.

CCNM
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Federer/Nadal or Federer/Henin-That would be a tennis nut's dream come true!!! Can you say domination?

pound cat
12-03-2009, 12:07 PM

Give me one good reason why they would want to play doubles together. I watched Nadal play doubles and he was not meant to be a doubles player. Singles players suck at doubles, doubles players suck at singles. Different game, they play one or the other.

pound cat
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Really? Maybe its because Fed is married already. I don't think Fed would cheat on Mirka for Rafa.

That is a dumb comment and has NOTHING to do with this thread. You sound as if you love gossip, and must be rubbing your hands with glees at the Woods nonsense seeing as Federer and Woods are so - called friends.

TheMusicLover
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Give me one good reason why they would want to play doubles together. I watched Nadal play doubles and he was not meant to be a doubles player. Singles players suck at doubles, doubles players suck at singles. Different game, they play one or the other.

How about... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?
Same reason they played that silly 'Battle of the Surfaces'-exho. And, maybe, maybe, they liked it a bit as well?

pound cat
12-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Same reason they played that silly 'Battle of the Surfaces'-exho. And, maybe, maybe, they liked it a bit as well?

Oh likely for $$$$$. Build up that retirement bank account.

TennisandMusic
12-03-2009, 12:43 PM

One good reason?

Because they have been number 1 and 2 together since...2005? Because people would love it? Because it would be something people would pay big money to see, which is more than you can say for pretty much any doubles? Oh wait, you only wanted one good reason.

Who wouldn't love to see Nadal and Federer play doubles together? It would be a complete blast to see.

pound cat
12-03-2009, 01:15 PM
One good reason?

Because they have been number 1 and 2 together since...2005? Because people would love it? Because it would be something people would pay big money to see, which is more than you can say for pretty much any doubles? Oh wait, you only wanted one good reason.

Who wouldn't love to see Nadal and Federer play doubles together? It would be a complete blast to see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicLover

Oh likely for $$$$$. Build up that retirement bank account.

If you had read all the posts you could have saved yourself some typing