PDA

View Full Version : Wow, how stupider can you possibly get.

AM95
12-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Not trying to troll or anything...

murray is a bloke, throwing a sissy fit...well you'll see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NhZbgx1vOg&feature=related

sorry if this is a repost.

also, notice his reaction after winning the match, reminds me of a kid at my club who thinks hes the best, and yells cmon after every point

Serendipitous
12-02-2009, 05:56 PM

I was going to post this yesterday....:D:D:D

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. :D

beedlejuice22
12-02-2009, 05:57 PM
So he was arguing that it was a different mark...even though either mark would give him the point...?

RCizzle65
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Murray is such a brat

Cup8489
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
So he was arguing that it was a different mark...even though either mark would give him the point...?

yep.

What a whiner.

AM95
12-02-2009, 06:01 PM

yep, at first when watching the video i thought that the umpire was pointing at a mark that cliped the line, so i was like, ok you can yell, but then when he said the ball was out and murray was still yelling, i just broke out laughing..

veroniquem
12-02-2009, 06:08 PM
He was upset for what? 5 seconds? People get tense during a match, they can lose it for a moment. Big deal. At least he recovered quickly and he didn't get fined for disrespecting the ump like other players I know :-?
(It's silly how people here will jump on the most futile pretext to bash Murray...)

AM95
12-02-2009, 06:18 PM
He was upset for what? 5 seconds? People get tense during a match, they can lose it for a moment. Big deal. At least he recovered quickly and he didn't get fined for disrespecting the ump like other players I know :-?
(It's silly how people here will jump on the most futile pretext to bash Murray...)

I think a monkey would be able to tell if a ball was in or out. I could understand if the umpire was looking at a mark that was on the line, but those two marks were clearly in, so why was the screaming necessary.

@"he didn't get fined for disrespecting the ump like other players I know :-?":

I'm sorry were you at the USO Final in NY..I was. Federer had all the right to yell at that umpire. He was horrendous. The match felt like a Davis Cup match, Del Potro fans were going crazy, chanting "ole ole" and "del po", especially after Federer lost the second set. I guesse the umpire didn't have necessary motor skills to turn on his microphone and tell the crowd to "please be quiet as a courtesy to the players". Couple that with the fact that the umpire was allowing Del Potro 15+seconds to decide to challenge a ball, and telling Federer to be quiet, its no doubt that Federer was ****ed (wouldn't you be too?). Was it not you who said that "People get tense during a match, they can lose it for a moment."..what makes Federer the exception? Because he is "super human"? No he isnt. At least he didn't go nuts because of his stupidity, like murray, who was given the out call he was looking for. He had a valid reason. Maybe using profanity was not the correct way to solve it, but it was the spur of the moment.

veroniquem
12-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Murray shouted but then calmed down quickly and didn't get at the ump's throat. It's not that Fed "lost it", it's that he was rude to the ump and demanded special treatment. I agree, it was more comical than offensive but I was impressed that they didn't have any qualms about fining him. I thought they would never dare!
I'm sorry but I watched the video and I still don't think Murray's reaction was stupid. He just hoped the ball was in, that's all.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Thats funny and very Macenroe like. He is a whiner and brings gamesmanship back. I think he is entertaining. Not every one is Mr. Rodgers folks. Deal with it.

JennyS
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
That video is hilarious. Tennis is the most entertaining sport on the planet. Take that figure skating!

Breaker
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
How stupider of Murray. And quite dumber of him too. He needs to be more smarter in the future if he is to maker the number one position.

Blinkism
12-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I already knew that he's a pusher and a brat, but now I know he's a bit of a fool, too.

I'm not surprised, though, considering his approach to winning Grand Slam titles is not too different than his approach to this particular line call situation.

topsltennis
12-02-2009, 07:29 PM
How stupider of Murray. And quite dumber of him too. He needs to be more smarter in the future if he is to maker the number one position.

I got it and noticed that right away as well, pretty funny.

mawashi
12-02-2009, 07:33 PM
More like dumb get dumber!

I can't wait till the day he gets knocked out of the top 10.

mawashi

nethawkwenatchee
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
This is understandable: Heat of the moment, thinks he's getting robbed, big point, he was right on top of it and clearly saw it long... I may have cried myself... give em a break.

Blake0
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorta reminded me of mcenroe for a second..i didn't really get why they were arguing though..don't they have hawkeye to clear this up? Whats the point for looking at the ball mark..unless hawkeye isnt accurate.

He seems to be cracking under pressure..hopefully he can get himself together.

GustafsonFanatic
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry were you at the USO Final in NY..I was. Federer had all the right to yell at that umpire. He was horrendous. The match felt like a Davis Cup match, Del Potro fans were going crazy, chanting "ole ole" and "del po", especially after Federer lost the second set. I guesse the umpire didn't have necessary motor skills to turn on his microphone and tell the crowd to "please be quiet as a courtesy to the players". Couple that with the fact that the umpire was allowing Del Potro 15+seconds to decide to challenge a ball, and telling Federer to be quiet, its no doubt that Federer was ****ed (wouldn't you be too?). Was it not you who said that "People get tense during a match, they can lose it for a moment."..what makes Federer the exception? Because he is "super human"? No he isnt. At least he didn't go nuts because of his stupidity, like murray, who was given the out call he was looking for. He had a valid reason. Maybe using profanity was not the correct way to solve it, but it was the spur of the moment.

Did he have the right to curse 3 gd times at the umpire ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koTTY3QuLcQ

Here is the clip, my friend. The ball is called out at 0:16 and Del Potro challenges at 0:26. That's 10 seconds, which is not too long. Even if it was too long, the only reason DP took so long is because he asked the umpire whether or not he should challenge and then didn't hear what the umpire said to him the first time. And then Federer went even more nuts than Murray.

malakas
12-02-2009, 08:20 PM
lol he cried so loud like they killed his cat!

But that's nothing.If you want to watch Murray at his best go watch his match against Wawrinka at this years Wimbledon.

lawrence
12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Murray shouted but then calmed down quickly and didn't get at the ump's throat. It's not that Fed "lost it", it's that he was rude to the ump and demanded special treatment. I agree, it was more comical than offensive but I was impressed that they didn't have any qualms about fining him. I thought they would never dare!
I'm sorry but I watched the video and I still don't think Murray's reaction was stupid. He just hoped the ball was in, that's all.

LOL
Are you SURE you watched the video?

malakas
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL

yes,why are you laughing??

Take a look at the rest of veronique's posts and you will find this one is perfectly normal too.:) fits right into the norm.

GustafsonFanatic
12-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Murray looks really pathetic whatever he does.

I mean, when you look at Fed, Djok and Rafa, they sometimes behave classless (Novak even more than Murray, but he toned it down recently). But even when they do, it looks somehow powerful and imposing, with a degree of character (Fed charging at the ump, Djok dissing Roddick and the crowd)

Murray is just annoying and pathetic. I don't know what to make of him...hmm. Funny chap.

mawashi
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM

LOL! He just hoped the ball was in, that's all???

Why the hell would he want the ball in LOL!

You're very Murry-like too!

mawashi

OddJack
12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
His reaction is childish no doubt.

You look at him and realize once more how far away he is from Rodge's league.

edberg505
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
LMAO, so let me get this straight. Murray is upset because the ump pointed to the wrong mark which also happened to be out (gets the point anyways) and he's still upset? This is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Hahaha. That darn Murray.

Tony48
12-02-2009, 10:29 PM
It's OK, guys. Murray was well within his rights to be angry. The umpire saw the ball as out, but Murray saw the ball as out out.

See the difference? :p

rommil
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM

He just hoped the ball was in...........yeah, that's why he yelled "NO WAY" when the umpire said it was out. Please do us a favor and bang your head on the Brooklyn bridge and maybe that might knock some sense into you. On second thought, please don't. It's a total waste of time and you might dent the bridge.

rommil
12-02-2009, 10:46 PM
How stupider can you possibly get?

Mr OP, may I present to you the answer to the title of your post.....

[QUOTE=veroniquem;4167716]

Lsmkenpo
12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
LOL! He just hoped the ball was in, that's all???

Why the hell would he want the ball in LOL!

You're very Murry-like too!

mawashi

Yes, she is by far the most ignorant poster on this forum.

hemat23
12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Looks like Davydenko gave Murray something icky in his hand after the handshake :mrgreen:

shaysrebelII
12-02-2009, 11:34 PM
how does this guy have fans again?

KitinovR
12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I am not approving Murray's reaction , it is a bit childish, or at least very nervous.
There was no need of yelling to the umpire in any case.

But I do have a understanding about his reaction. I have been in numerous situation myself like this. How many times has happened that such a point with bad call turned the match to go up-side down.

It was clarely out, and maybe Murray was afraid that he could have lost the point.

lawrence
12-02-2009, 11:47 PM
also yeah, lol @ davydenko. shaking his head probably thinking "what an idiot"

vive le beau jeu !
12-02-2009, 11:51 PM

also, notice his reaction after winning the match, reminds me of a kid at my club who thinks hes the best, and yells cmon after every point
but the most shocking thing in this clip is that he was already wearing his reverse bra !

malakas
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM
How stupider can you possibly get?

roflmao :mrgreen: nahh I have seen worse from N_F.

They're British or share the same personality traits.
Or they're his mommy.

GustafsonFanatic
12-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Did anyone notice that this was on a match point?

Did anyone also notice that the win in this match would bring Murray to his first semifinal on clay?

Jay_The_Nomad
12-03-2009, 12:01 AM
He did make himself look silly but other than that no harm done.

It's not like he verbally abused the umpire or anything.

prosealster
12-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Just love Davydenko's reaction

AM95
12-03-2009, 02:23 AM

Here is the clip, my friend. The ball is called out at 0:16 and Del Potro challenges at 0:26. That's 10 seconds, which is not too long. Even if it was too long, the only reason DP took so long is because he asked the umpire whether or not he should challenge and then didn't hear what the umpire said to him the first time. And then Federer went even more nuts than Murray.

sorry that i was off by 5 seconds:shock: but its actually 11 seconds to be precise...and even if thats the case it doesn't matter because the rules say you must challenge immediately, not after 11 seconds.

notice how at 0:17-0:19 that as soon as Del Potro hit the ball he was looking up at his box, THEN he asked the umpire, and THEN he challenged.

i'd lke to put you in Federer's situation, having a chance to go up two breaks in the 2nd, screwing the second set, and then having the umpire against you and tell you to be quiet.

AM95
12-03-2009, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=AM95;4167602] How stupider can you possibly get?

haha very nice!

grimpi
12-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvzuRedS6sw&feature=related

AM95
12-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvzuRedS6sw&feature=related

yea that was posted..that was just total dick

Fedex
12-03-2009, 03:34 AM

Federer is more badly behaved than Murray here but it seems to go unoticed.
Federer is more likeable IMO when he has a rant because it makes him more interesting, unpredictable and human just like Murray.
Murray vs Davy is just funny and MacEnroe esque.
Murray vs ball boy is bad behaviour that is if he was aware of the ball boy because Murray was voted as 'nicest player to Ball boys/girls' at Wimbledon so that seems out of character but let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
I'm sure we could all dig up some dirt on other players if we were sad and vindictive enough to find the time to do so.

Blinkism
12-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Murray is just annoying and pathetic. I don't know what to make of him...hmm. Funny chap.

He might not have charisma or good looks, but I'll tell you what Murray does have- a British passport.

GustafsonFanatic
12-03-2009, 04:03 AM
sorry that i was off by 5 seconds:shock: but its actually 11 seconds to be precise...and even if thats the case it doesn't matter because the rules say you must challenge immediately, not after 11 seconds.

I've seen a billion examples of players first asking the umpire whether they should challenge and then challenging. And I am sure Roger did, too. That's the only thing Del Potro did and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Maybe he did a second or two too slow but nothing worthy of swearing 3 times at the ump.

notice how at 0:17-0:19 that as soon as Del Potro hit the ball he was looking up at his box, THEN he asked the umpire, and THEN he challenged.

i'd lke to put you in Federer's situation, having a chance to go up two breaks in the 2nd, screwing the second set, and then having the umpire against you and tell you to be quiet.

The umpire did not tell Fed to be quiet. Listen to the clip again. This thing about the umpire telling Fed to be quiet seems to be a part of Fedfanboy mythology and has absolutely no empirical basis.

You'd like to put me in Fed's position? I'm sure there were many other players who were in Federer's position and who still didn't swear at the umpire. Do you really think that Federer is the only player ever who was treated unfairly by the umpire ? Considering Federer's popularity it can only be the opposite: Federer is probably treated better by the umpires than the other players.

Fedex
12-03-2009, 04:10 AM
He might not have charisma or good looks, but I'll tell you what Murray does have- a British passport.

What's the implication here Blinky?

GustafsonFanatic
12-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Murray vs ball boy is bad behaviour that is if he was aware of the ball boy because Murray was voted as 'nicest player to Ball boys/girls' at Wimbledon so that seems out of character but let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
I'm sure we could all dig up some dirt on other players if we were sad and vindictive enough to find the time to do so.

I didn't know that. Interesting.

But I never considered him arrogant and bratty like some posters here do. He is probably a nice guy. He just has a short fuse, and it can be very annoying sometimes.

lazyeenviet
12-03-2009, 04:18 AM
after the wimbledon match with roddick i lost faith in murray with the way he played.
this video just makes me lose even more faith.

Anaconda
12-03-2009, 04:22 AM

You've just critisized Murray of acting stupid - atleast make yourself look smarter by using the correct grammar of the thread title.

icedevil0289
12-03-2009, 04:24 AM

huh? Are you sure you watched it correctly? Fed did not demand special treatment. He was just angry that del potro was taking to long to challenge, which he was btw, and was upset that the umpire showed him the hand, assuming he meant for fed to stop talking. Fed is entitled to complain and he was right in the matter, although he probably handled it wrong. It amazes me how you always twist things to make fed look bad. It's rather funny that you have no problem with what murray did, but had it been Fed, you would have been all over it, criticizing him.

GustafsonFanatic
12-03-2009, 04:31 AM
huh? Are you sure you watched it correctly? Fed did not demand special treatment. He was just angry that del potro was taking to long to challenge, which he was btw, and was upset that the umpire showed him the hand, assuming he meant for fed to stop talking. Fed is entitled to complain and he was right in the matter, although he probably handled it wrong. It amazes me how you always twist things to make fed look bad. It's rather funny that you have no problem with what murray did, but had it been Fed, you would have been all over it, criticizing him.

You too?

Tell me, have you never, ever, ever seen a player ask for umpire's opinion before challenging?

Fedex
12-03-2009, 04:32 AM
I didn't know that. Interesting.

But I never considered him arrogant and bratty like some posters here do. He is probably a nice guy. He just has a short fuse, and it can be very annoying sometimes.

If you look at the video again you will see that Murray looks at the ball boy who doesn't respond then when Murray looks away the ball boy then comes with the towel and, possibly, Murray doesn't notice him or he ignores him because he's annoyed which would still be bad behaviour.
I have never met Murray in person so I cannot comment properly on his personality.
He just looks like any ordinary immature youth to me and he is still not far out of his teens and how many of us weren't brats and did impulsive silly things at that age.
And maybe we forget that a lot of these players eg Del Potro, Djokovic, Nadal are still very young and have a lot of growing up to do just like any normal person.
A lot of the people having a go at Murray are probably just spotty teenagers even younger and more obnoxious and immature than the likes of Murray.

lazyeenviet
12-03-2009, 04:35 AM
If you look at the video again you will see that Murray looks at the ball boy who doesn't respond then when Murray looks away the ball boy then comes with the towel and, possibly, Murray doesn't notice him or he ignores him because he's annoyed which would still be bad behaviour.
I have never met Murray in person so I cannot comment properly on his personality.
He just looks like any ordinary immature youth to me and he is still not far out of his teens and how many of us weren't brats and did impulsive silly things at that age.
And maybe we forget that a lot of these players eg Del Potro, Djokovic, Nadal are still very young and have a lot of growing up to do just like any normal person.
A lot of the people having a go at Murray are probably just spotty teenagers even younger and more obnoxious and immature than the likes of Murray.

amen.
10char

GustafsonFanatic
12-03-2009, 04:37 AM

That's what I think about him, too. "any ordinary immature youth" . I don't think he's arrogant. He's probably the least arrogant of the top 4.

But I do find him annoying and unbearable to watch sometimes. One of the reasons why many people don't like him is because they understand what he's saying. When Rafa, DJokovic and Delpo yell all sorts of things in their langauges, we don't really know what they're saying and it may even seem cute to us. :)

woodrow1029
12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Del Potro asked the umpire how he saw it, which is perfectly fine. The umpire answered him. Del Potro didn't hear the answer so he asked the umpire to repeat what he said. The umpire repeated, and then Del Potro challenged.

woodrow1029
12-03-2009, 07:43 AM

The umpire DID NOT tell him to be quiet. The umpire put his hand down as if to say let me finish calling the score and then I will give you my explanation. The only reason people think the umpire said to be quiet was because Fed said, "Don't tell me to be quiet." That wasn't what happened though.

icedevil0289
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Del Potro asked the umpire how he saw it, which is perfectly fine. The umpire answered him. Del Potro didn't hear the answer so he asked the umpire to repeat what he said. The umpire repeated, and then Del Potro challenged.

okay, then I apologize. My bad for the ignorant post. Sorry veroniquem, although I still disagree about fed requesting special treatment.

AM95
12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
You've just critisized Murray of acting stupid - atleast make yourself look smarter by using the correct grammar of the thread title.

speaking of grammar...

AM95
12-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I've seen a billion examples of players first asking the umpire whether they should challenge and then challenging. And I am sure Roger did, too. That's the only thing Del Potro did and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Maybe he did a second or two too slow but nothing worthy of swearing 3 times at the ump.

listen to the clip yourself, Federer complained that "two matches ago" he wasnt allowed to challenge after "like 2 seconds"...as soon as i find the time ill edit this post to let you know.

Federer saw Del Potro looking at the box, as i said in my previous post which obviously you decided to leave out. Thats what ****ed him off even more.
why should Del Potro be allowed to challenge after looking at his box, and having 11 seconds pass? Looking at your box for clues on whether you should challenge is pretty much coaching..and i dont think thats allowed.

pound cat
12-03-2009, 12:09 PM

And not to have so many sissy fits...errrr...hissy fits

AJK1
12-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Stupider ? Now that's stupid.

malakas
12-03-2009, 01:20 PM
oh wow,thank you grammar police.Maybe the OP hasn't english as his mother tongue,so go ahead and make fun of him.:roll:

edberg505
12-03-2009, 01:21 PM

To be honest, they shouldn't even let them do that. I mean it really should be up to the player to challenge. Why look at the ump for support? This way there wouldn't be any discrepancy when asking for a challenge. And if the person takes longer than a certain amount of time then it's a no go. That could solve some of these problems.

volleynets
12-03-2009, 01:25 PM
LOL

She is a biased and unfair poster. Murray's reaction was 100x worse and unnecessary compared to Federer's at the Us Open.

Cloudy
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
wow that's cringeworthy he was like Kevin the teenager.

woodrow1029
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
To be honest, they shouldn't even let them do that. I mean it really should be up to the player to challenge. Why look at the ump for support? This way there wouldn't be any discrepancy when asking for a challenge. And if the person takes longer than a certain amount of time then it's a no go. That could solve some of these problems.
It's the same as clay. The player SHOULD be allowed to make a quick request for confirmation to the chair umpire. If the chair had said, yeah, clearly out, then JMDP may not have challenged it.

malakas
12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
wasn't he the same umpire who said to Fed to shut up? Is that allowed for an ump to do too?

I would like an ump to say this to Murray's face when he pulls up a sissy fit.

edberg505
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
It's the same as clay. The player SHOULD be allowed to make a quick request for confirmation to the chair umpire. If the chair had said, yeah, clearly out, then JMDP may not have challenged it.

I would be inclined to agree with you if the challenge system wasn't set up the way it is currently. With clay the ump has to come down and check the mark and you can do that as many times as you'd like to. With this challenge system you have 3 wrong challenges. I'm beginning to think that's why they set up the challenge system the way they did to throw in some more drama for entertainment. But there really is no drama if you are going to confer with the ump on every close call. If Del Potro was positive that the ball was out then challenge and don't ask for a confirmation. There need to be clearer rules with this challenge system because clearly it is not consistent across the board. I've seen players hit a ball, get ready for the next shot, play a shot they thought was out, continue playing and then challenge. And have it allowed. Then I've seen umps stop something like that from happening in it's tracks. There is really no consistency at all. Some players don't even ask for advice from the ump, like Federer, and I've seen some people do it constantly.

AM95
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
oh wow,thank you grammar police.Maybe the OP hasn't english as his mother tongue,so go ahead and make fun of him.:roll:

i suppose that you were the only one who realized:neutral:

malakas
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
i suppose that you were the only one who realized:neutral:

hey don't worry.When people have to resort to making fun of spelling and grammar mistakes is only because they don't' have actual arguments to say to you.:)

Gorecki
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
oh... the unbearable lightness of the days without tennis competition...

TheFifthSet
12-03-2009, 03:31 PM
wasn't he the same umpire who said to Fed to shut up? Is that allowed for an ump to do too?

Told Federer to shut up? I heard he just raised his hand.

woodrow1029
12-03-2009, 03:33 PM

He didn't tell Fed to shut up. Nor did he tell Fed to be quiet.

Outbeyond
12-03-2009, 03:47 PM
The more I watch these Murray rants, the more I enjoy them! He's pretty hilarious...

Now if ONLY he could win a Slam! Then his tantrums could be hailed as part of his genius.

malakas
12-03-2009, 03:52 PM
He didn't tell Fed to shut up. Nor did he tell Fed to be quiet.

doesn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CarW4AdxdQk&feature=related
I think he does say him to be quiet.

woodrow1029
12-04-2009, 08:39 AM
doesn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CarW4AdxdQk&feature=related
I think he does say him to be quiet.
Nowhere can you hear Jake telling him to be quiet. All you can hear is "Del Potro leads 5 games to 4"

matchmaker
12-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Yep, what we have there is a genuine sissy fit.

The really cool guy is on the other side of the net.