PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon M2

bertrevert
12-02-2009, 10:21 PM
What should I expect from the Luxilon M2 Pro 16L String ?

Good feedback so far...

Wnat to use it in mains crossed with Forten sweet 17...

ClubHoUno
12-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Softer than other Luxilon strings - sort of like the FLUORO, but with a bit more power. They die pretty fast though....But so does Forten Sweet

bertrevert
12-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Soft is good, have had a bout or two of TE, and attribute that to a year or two of full poly, and then a terrible string job of full poly way too tight that was a board and set me off over the edge and I got TE.

Dies quickly? How many hours?

I like the idea of the power. Loose poly is a joy to really blat the ball. You can still swing away and the pwoer seems to be translated into ball rotations... rpm.

Anyways a reel of this stuff should be coming (not to me) and thus I can sample it.

ps. I cannot seem to search on "m2" because that is too short a search term, so couldn't find any feedback.

bad_call
12-03-2009, 07:07 AM
M2 played great at first but didn't last...became boardy and lost it's feel. never had a poly go south so fast. :(

no problem tho since it was a freebie. cut it out and tried another. :)

TennezSport
12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
When we tested it here we had 3 sample packs and they performed fairly well as ClubHoUno stated. We consistently got 2-6hrs of play before they went dead; we liked Alu Flouro better. Tension is paramount so do not string too tightly.

BTW, Lux is about to release their new Adrenaline and we are just completing the tests on that string with pretty good results; 12hrs of play and counting with consistent good performance and tension maintenance.

Cheers, TennezSport

chaddles
12-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Have been using M2 Pro for the past couple of months and I love this string. Have been stringing it at 58lb on Rebel 95 and it is awesome - i have found that it needs to be left for a day or two, and the tension drops and it plays consistently for around 8-10 hours.

tigerstring
12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't find that it dies quickly, I do however find that people who like to string their polys up at loose tensions seem to like M2. It's very soft for a poly, softer than some hybrids. (My guys all say it's softer than Enduro or Alu in the mains with Hollow core in the crosses). Durability on the 130 is not amazing, but it's not pitiful. Should last you longer than most hybrids, unless you've got a 1.30+ gauge synthetic gut in the crosses.

parasailing
12-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Would any recommend using this a a cross with natural gut in the mains and if so, what would you recommend for tension on a ProStaff 88? I usually string gut at 57-59lbs but this would be my first time using gut with M2 in the cross.

scotus
12-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Would any recommend using this a a cross with natural gut in the mains and if so, what would you recommend for tension on a ProStaff 88? I usually string gut at 57-59lbs but this would be my first time using gut with M2 in the cross.

I string my VS Team & M2 Pro combo at 72 lbs & 66 lbs constant pull in a 100-sq-in frame.

parasailing
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I string my VS Team & M2 Pro combo at 72 lbs & 66 lbs constant pull in a 100-sq-in frame.

Scotus- how long before your gut in the mains break and how many hours do you get from the M2 before they become dead or that doesn't affect much because your mains are gut?