PDA

View Full Version : Golden Set Hex Poly Review

djicha
12-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have recently ordered a reel of Golden Set Hex Poly 16L Silver. I recently switched from the K6.1 Tour to the Head Flexpoint Prestige MP. I play in college and have been playing either all poly, or poly mains-synthetic crosses. I currently play all Kirshbaum Super Smash Spiky at 57lbs in the FXP Prestige MP. I play 2HBH, eastern/semi-western forehand depending on the shot im playing. The FXP's have lead weight around the entire hoop. I am 6ft, i weigh 180lbs. I will post pics of the reel and of the string while stringing, as well as the completed string job. I will also keep a record of play and pictures after each training session.

Regards,
Dylan

djicha
12-04-2009, 02:12 PM
well, the strings are here, pics coming soon.

ace0001a
12-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Through some recent discussion with another dealer who sells OEM strings made in Taiwan, it appears that Golden Set's strings are OEM from Zons. Actual Zons branded strings can be found in other parts of the world, but not in North America for some reason. Golden Set's "Poly" string appears to be Zons Polymo Tour, which I've read positive things about as being an excellent budget poly string. The "Hex Poly" that is the topic of this thread appears to be Zons Polymo Hexplosion. I read good posts about the Golden Set Hex Poly before and in general, the strings sold by internet direct tennis string dealer Golden Set are good strings. I wish there were dealers here who actually sold Zons strings, but I guess Golden Set will have to do. I suppose with Zons not being a widely known tennis string company, it makes sense, but like the another fairly well known brand of Pro Suprex, they're also based out of Taiwan.