PDA

View Full Version : Which poly lasts longer: Cyberflash, Cyberblue, Big Ace, Black Code, or what?

dwhiteside
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I use Big Ace and am looking for something new. I know that BA lasts a long time as far as polys go when ti comes to tension maintenance and retaining elasticity and other positive characteristics, but I'm looking to broaden my horizons. Luxilon stuff is immediately out as I get only a few hours out of it. I get at least 15 good hours out of Big Ace. Any suggestions? I really like BA I'm just looking for some variety and long lasting strings. I go full poly as well, but would maybe hybrid with a multi (not uber expensive) if it would increase life and not be susceptible to breakage like I get with nat gut (and I hate all synth guys, pretty much - I can't stand strings moving so it rules out a lot of strings unless I hybrid them).

EDIT to add I've tried SPPP and didn't like it very much

MarrratSafin
12-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Signum Pro and Weiss Cannon's co-polys have the best tension maintenance.

PROTENNIS63
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I say give Genesis Black Magic, Spin X, and Cyber Blue a try. All are fantastic strings. Cyber Flash is great but it is stiffer and plays more like Luxilon so I would not recommend it.

[d]ragon
12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Cyberflash and SPPP hold tension pretty well, I thought better than Big Ace. Never tried Black Code and I didn't really pay attention when I strung up 2 racquets with Cyberblue (hybrid with Hollow Core)

coloskier
12-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Most of them all have good tension maintenance, but I don't know a poly that doesn't go dead by 30-40 hours.

edman9898
12-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't know a poly that doesn't go dead by 30-40 hours.

All of them do, but you should change ANY string by that time frame poly or not!

meowmix
12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
^Natural gut is an exception.