And shine at golf. Just do what's right
Coordinate the hand and eye,
And get your life in symmetry.

Parody written by A J Lornie
Acknowledgement to
William Blake 1757 - 1827

chess9
12-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Brilliant stuff Ann! LOL! I hope you send it to Tiger.

Maybe he's had a 'costume malfunction'? Zipper stuck in the down position?

-Robert

jimbo333
12-04-2009, 04:50 AM
It's been clear to me for a very long time that Tiger Woods is not a very nice person. It is clear in almost every interview I've ever seen!

He is an amazing golfer, possibly the best ever, but his behaviour on the course even is appalling. He surrounds himself on the course with minders so that he can stay "in the zone" without interuptions. He thinks he is special. He isn't, he is the same as everyone else, and he has been found out!

He won't change now, but his fans have found out what sort of person he actually is!

chess9
12-04-2009, 05:43 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6723074/Tiger-Woods-accused-of-offering-1-million-to-stop-Rachel-Uchitel-talking.html

Woods allegedly offered $1 million to a woman to STFU. :)

-Robert

ET Brit
12-04-2009, 05:59 AM
It's been clear to me for a very long time that Tiger Woods is not a very nice person. It is clear in almost every interview I've ever seen!

He is an amazing golfer, possibly the best ever, but his behaviour on the course even is appalling. He surrounds himself on the course with minders so that he can stay "in the zone" without interuptions. He thinks he is special. He isn't, he is the same as everyone else, and he has been found out!

He won't change now, but his fans have found out what sort of person he actually is!

Hi Jimbo

I would have thought to become a golfer in the category of 'possibly the best ever,' as you put it, would require such concentration and focus that his behaviour on the golf course could be seen as exemplary; to be admired rather than belittled.

As to whether he is special or not, I would say Tiger Woods is very special indeed. But then I think most human beings have that quality - it's just that not all of them have the encouragement to fulfil their potential.

Happy Friday
ET Brit

Fedace
12-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Rachel Uchitel. She is pretty hot. What does she do ? Is she a reporter or Model ?

chess9
12-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Rachel Uchitel. She is pretty hot. What does she do ? Is she a reporter or Model ?

Celebrity hostess. She says that doesn't mean sex. ;)

-Robert

chess9
12-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi Jimbo

I would have thought to become a golfer in the category of 'possibly the best ever,' as you put it, would require such concentration and focus that his behaviour on the golf course could be seen as exemplary; to be admired rather than belittled.

As to whether he is special or not, I would say Tiger Woods is very special indeed. But then I think most human beings have that quality - it's just that not all of them have the encouragement to fulfil their potential.

Happy Friday
ET Brit

Yes, good points. Tiger had some very special parents who encouraged him from an early age. Apparently, they did a few things right. :)

-Robert

Dedans Penthouse
12-04-2009, 07:20 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6723074/Tiger-Woods-accused-of-offering-1-million-to-stop-Rachel-Uchitel-talking.html

-RobertWhich when you think about it is akin to offering her $1 million to STFU minus the ST U.

Bad 'business' however you look at it.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Unreal, apparently a million wasn't enough. You can't trust these money grubbing hoes.

ilovecarlos
12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
None of those "other women" can touch the beauty of Elin. That's what puzzles me the most. Just because you can "have" any woman you want doesn't mean you should. I guess that Tiger isn't too bright. How can he possibly believe that these other women are going to keep their relationship quiet. I guess the joke is that each of these women thought they were the only one.

GolfDad
12-04-2009, 10:41 AM

I have to agree with you. I can understand him staying in the zone and not acknowledge anyone when he is playing.

Recently we were at Harding Park in SFO for the President's Cup. We were there for the last day's play. Tiger was done with his match and was walking behind the last match of the day (Furyk vs Cabrera). There were so many little kids yelling "Tiger! Tiger!". He was about 5 or 10 feet from those kids. He didn't even look at them. You should've seen the disappointment in those kids.

Bud
12-04-2009, 10:43 AM

-Robert

Every day he disgusts me more and more. I never liked the guy in the first place... always felt he was fake. But, this takes the cake.

I knew something like this was up when she abruptly canceled her press conference in the 11th hour.

jimbo333
12-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Jimbo

Happy Friday
ET Brit

Yes, of course he requires concentration and focus, but no other player has 20 minders walking around the course with the player, taking cameras/phones off fans, threatening fans with banning from the course. He should play under the same conditions as every other player in my opinion.

Look, I've said he is possibly the best golfer of all time, but that does not make him a nice person. He simply isn't a nice person, if he's honest with himself then he can move on, but I doubt it now, it's too late!

jimbo333
12-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I have to agree with you. I can understand him staying in the zone and not acknowledge anyone when he is playing.

Recently we were at Harding Park in SFO for the President's Cup. We were there for the last day's play. Tiger was done with his match and was walking behind the last match of the day (Furyk vs Cabrera). There were so many little kids yelling "Tiger! Tiger!". He was about 5 or 10 feet from those kids. He didn't even look at them. You should've seen the disappointment in those kids.

This is what I'm talking about.

sureshs
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Asking for an autograph is stupid. Any form of hero worship is stupid.

jswinf
12-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Ifeel like I'm changing the subject, but I think the "Tyger" parody is really good.

chess9
12-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Asking for an autograph is stupid. Any form of hero worship is stupid.

When I was 8 I worshipped the Cleveland Indians and was a very happy camper to get the autographs of Bob Lemon, Larry Doby, Al Rosen, and Bob Feller. I thought Rosen and Feller were GODS. Rosen used to roll his uniform's sleeves up over his shoulder, so I took to doing it too. ;)

Frankly, I don't consider golf much of a sport, but I do understand how the kids feel. Rafa is a good example for Tiger. Fed's pretty good about it too.

-Robert

ET Brit
12-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Ifeel like I'm changing the subject, but I think the "Tyger" parody is really good.

Thanks very much, JSWINF. I wrote it to amuse myself and others. I didn't realise it would stir up anti Tiger posts.

Have a good weekend.

Ann

jimbo333
12-04-2009, 04:34 PM
When I was 8 I worshipped the Cleveland Indians and was a very happy camper to get the autographs of Bob Lemon, Larry Doby, Al Rosen, and Bob Feller. I thought Rosen and Feller were GODS. Rosen used to roll his uniform's sleeves up over his shoulder, so I took to doing it too. ;)

Frankly, I don't consider golf much of a sport, but I do understand how the kids feel. Rafa is a good example for Tiger. Fed's pretty good about it too.

-Robert

Yes, Rafa and Federer are better examples of giving more back to the fans than Tiger!

Tiger has been letting his fans down for years. He thinks that if he plays amazing golf, then that is enough!

No Tiger it isn't. Without the fans, you would not be a worldwide superstar. Tiger has never appreciated his fans and has always been a disgrace, what's amazing is that so few people have seen it until now, and just because he's been shagging around a bit, which doesn't really bother me at all ironically!

Bagumbawalla
12-04-2009, 05:12 PM
There was a line in "Citizen Kane" something like, "It is easy to make a lot of money, if that's all you want to do... is make a lot of money."

This was to point out the morally bankrupt nature of Kanes "benefactor" (forgot his name).

Same thing goes for many sports figures (today, and in the past, as well). Just because they succede on the field does not mean they are not morally corrupt opportunists who care little for their families or fans.

UW_Husky88
12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Man, I hate Tiger Woods, and his press conference after his admission was pathetic. After saying sorry, he basically starts attacking the media and complaining about how public the whole affair is. While I think America's obsession with celebrities is ridiculous, he has to realize that this comes with the turf. The whole reason he makes the money he does is because people care so much about what he does/what he wears that sponsors can pay him an obscene amount of money knowing that his visibility will provide enough of a return on sales to generate a profit. If he doesn't want so much attention, maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place, or he should donate his millions to charity, because without public interest in him, he wouldn't make money. People like to give Kobe Bryant a lot of crap, but you didn't see him complaining about the media in his case, and his was MUCH worse. I really hope the Woods fanboys get as much crap as I get for being a Lakers fan over this incident.

The guy is quite frankly a diva, and a complete tool. I really fail to see why people worship this guy/pay so much for him or worse yet, call him THE BEST ATHLETE ON THE PLANET! The guy is a golfer, any fat *** can be good at golf with good technique. I'd love to see Tiger compete with even a backup point guard on the New Jersey Nets or a starter on a decent D-1 college team. He'd get dominated

Bud
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Man, I hate Tiger Woods, and his press conference after his admission was pathetic. After saying sorry, he basically starts attacking the media and complaining about how public the whole affair is. While I think America's obsession with celebrities is ridiculous, he has to realize that this comes with the turf. The whole reason he makes the money he does is because people care so much about what he does/what he wears that sponsors can pay him an obscene amount of money knowing that his visibility will provide enough of a return on sales to generate a profit. If he doesn't want so much attention, maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place, or he should donate his millions to charity, because without public interest in him, he wouldn't make money. People like to give Kobe Bryant a lot of crap, but you didn't see him complaining about the media in his case, and his was MUCH worse. I really hope the Woods fanboys get as much crap as I get for being a Lakers fan over this incident.

The guy is quite frankly a diva, and a complete tool. I really fail to see why people worship this guy/pay so much for him or worse yet, call him THE BEST ATHLETE ON THE PLANET! The guy is a golfer, any fat *** can be good at golf with good technique. I'd love to see Tiger compete with even a backup point guard on the New Jersey Nets or a starter on a decent D-1 college team. He'd get dominated

Well stated! :)

chess9
12-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Magic says he should just tell the truth and move on. ;) LOL! Fat chance of that happening. Perhaps the saddest part of all of this is how tightly wound and controlling Tiger is. I see heart disease, hypertension, etc. in his future if he doesn't lighten up.

-Robert

Kobble
12-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Asking for an autograph is stupid. Any form of hero worship is stupid.I think you just legitimized your status as a badass. Let me guess, smoke Marlboros, too. I can hear the stampede of chicks heading your way.

Kobble
12-05-2009, 08:12 AM

Tiger is a golf nerd. Sure, millions of dollars and working out has helped that, but he is who he is. I was never a fan of Tiger, or any of the other neurotic nerd types. They are out of touch.

As for myself, I couldn't do that to kids. I would be flattered if kids cared that much about me. I've seen it first hand, some people's egos get way out of control.

chess9
12-05-2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6737617/Tiger-Woods-tries-to-repair-damage-to-his-marriage-and-his-golf-brand.html

Tiger has been very busy. ;) Interesting article with a few new details.

-Robert

Bud
12-05-2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6737617/Tiger-Woods-tries-to-repair-damage-to-his-marriage-and-his-golf-brand.html

Tiger has been very busy. ;) Interesting article with a few new details.

-Robert

"Woods has doubtless already reached out for advice to his friend, Kobe Bryant, the baseball star, who has redeemed himself after losing major sponsorship deals when he was accused in 2003 of sexual assault in charges that were later dropped."

That right there speaks volumes about his character.

"Indeed, according to TMZ, Woods told a friend shortly after the scandal broke that he was going to have to give his wife a "Kobe special" - an apparent reference to $4 million diamond ring that the Los Angeles Lakers star reportedly bought his wife after his affairs became public."

Hopefully, his wife takes him to the cleaners then returns with their two children back to Sweden.

CCNM
12-05-2009, 03:48 PM
I wonder what his father would say about all this news. GolfDad-that's pretty sad. Tiger could have at least turned around and waved to the kids.

Kobble
12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
The amount of talk around the golf courses is immense right now. Just some of the stuff I heard at the Q-school.

"I'm just glad Tiger likes women." - Some guy's caddy.

"Did you hear Tiger has to change is name? Yeah, it is now Cheatah."

"Those girls aren't even that good looking. I would have expected better from him."- Country club lady

"Would be cool if they pair Jesper with him in matchplay someday." - Family of a player in Q-school

ET Brit
12-06-2009, 01:51 AM
There was a line in "Citizen Kane" something like, "It is easy to make a lot of money, if that's all you want to do... is make a lot of money."

This was to point out the morally bankrupt nature of Kanes "benefactor" (forgot his name).

Same thing goes for many sports figures (today, and in the past, as well). Just because they succede on the field does not mean they are not morally corrupt opportunists who care little for their families or fans.

Interesting assessment of sports figures, but doesn't that apply to human beings in general these days? Considering the subject of this topic was 'for Tiger Woods with sympathy' most of the TT members would *seem* to have been enthusiastically demonstrating their grasp of the moral high ground, making very judgemental comments and offering little sympathy.

'How to be fair minded' courses start soon - lots of vacancies. :)

Happy Sunday
Ann

Bud
12-06-2009, 01:56 AM

Thatcher? :confused:

Bud
12-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Interesting assessment of sports figures, but doesn't that apply to human beings in general these days? Considering the subject of this topic was 'for Tiger Woods with sympathy' most of the TT members would *seem* to have been enthusiastically demonstrating their grasp of the moral high ground, making very judgemental comments and offering little sympathy.

'How to be fair minded' courses start soon - lots of vacancies. :)

Happy Sunday
Ann

His wife deserves the sympathy since she apparently didn't realize the scope of what was occurring with her husband outside the home.

As the number of his mistresses/concubines climbs, sympathy for TW falls. In addition, it appears Tiger already judged himself harshly as well (read his website apology).

It increasingly appears he's a pretty pathetic character with lots of money and little sense, decorum or morality.

Also, please stop acting like you've never judged another person, based on your beliefs of right and wrong.

vanity
12-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Nike should drop the Tiger.

chess9
12-06-2009, 04:46 AM
His wife deserves the sympathy since she apparently didn't realize the scope of what was occurring with her husband outside the home.

As the number of his mistresses/concubines climbs, sympathy for TW falls. In addition, it appears Tiger already judged himself harshly as well (read his website apology).

It increasingly appears he's a pretty pathetic character with lots of money and little sense, decorum or morality.

Also, please stop acting like you've never judged another person, based on your beliefs of right and wrong.

I think Ann is suggesting that Tiger is the one for whom sympathy is most appropriate, considering he is the one with the 'mortal' weaknesses. Fame, as every politician demonstrates daily (Baucus' nominating his girlfriend for US Attorney?), is a blinding light, and even shades don't help. Most succumb to the harsh glare of fame.

Meanwhile, my beloved Maureen Dowd has penned another brilliant piece with this line:

"Like so many politicians before him, Tiger ignored the obvious rule: Never get involved with women who have 8-by-10 glossies."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/opinion/06dowd.html?th&emc=th

Tiger is reminscent of Wilbur Mills, except Mills was having trouble handling just one. ;)

-Robert

ET Brit
12-06-2009, 05:29 AM
I think Ann is suggesting that Tiger is the one for whom sympathy is most appropriate, considering he is the one with the 'mortal' weaknesses. Fame, as every politician demonstrates daily (Baucus' nominating his girlfriend for US Attorney?), is a blinding light, and even shades don't help. Most succumb to the harsh glare of fame.

Meanwhile, my beloved Maureen Dowd has penned another brilliant piece with this line:

"Like so many politicians before him, Tiger ignored the obvious rule: Never get involved with women who have 8-by-10 glossies."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/opinion/06dowd.html?th&emc=th

Tiger is reminscent of Wilbur Mills, except Mills was having trouble handling just one. ;)

-Robert

Thanks, Robert, yes, I do feel sympathetic for the very reasons you suggested. Meanwhile, thank you for Ms Dowd's article. If one was easily given to jealousy, her continued flair with the written word could cause envy. :mrgreen:

Cheers - Ann

jimbo333
12-06-2009, 07:47 AM
The reason why these comments are being made about Tiger, is that for years it has been clear to a lot of us that Tiger does not care at all about his fans!

And my impression of him is that even though he is possibly the best golfer of all time, he has always appeared to me to be a not very nice person.

He might change now, but I doubt it. He apologises and then appears to blame the press!

Pathetic.

chess9
12-06-2009, 08:06 AM
If you think he is bad, hang out in Congress. Say, a few days with Baucus, a few days with Bonner, a few days with Dodd. You'll come away thinking Tiger is a saint. ;) Erm, or, well, just gone a bit astray. The level of cynicism and feelings of self-importance in Congress know no bounds. And, if you've followed the Expenses Scandal in England, you'd conclude that MPs are equally tone deaf, blind, and with one hand in someone else's pocket.

-Robert

jimbo333
12-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I already know most politicians aren't very nice people, they don't as a rule have many fans!

Tiger has millions of fans, and if he wants to keep most of them, he will now have to show he cares in some away about them.

He could maybe start by acknowledging them on the golfcourse, losing most of his minders (not all of them obviously), signing lots of autographs afterwards etc