PDA

View Full Version : Gamma live professional 16.

Tdot
12-04-2009, 06:02 AM
I had my MG prestige mid strung with cyberflash (mains) at 62lbs and the gamma live pro (crosses) at 66 lbs. In general the experience with this string set up is horrible: i could literally hold my racquet to block back shots and the ball would fly from one end of the court to the other.

I have been playing with cyberflash for a long time so I know for sure it's the Gamma live pro that's causing the problem. What amaze me is that even at 66 lbs, how can a string be that springy !?

Anyone else want to share their experience with the Gamma live pro string ?

tennisINmyBLOOD
12-04-2009, 02:22 PM
You're right, Gamma Professional is quite a powerful strung. I used a full bed in 18 gauge of that string once at 56 lbs on a Babolat Pure Drive GT. I cut it out two weeks later because it was too powerful. Perhaps my tension was too low. For the time being, it felt really close to natural gut though.

It's odd that at 66lbs is still too powerful, especially on a midsized frame. Try Gosen OG Micro Sheep for a cross. My stringer says most customers prefer that cross as it is soft and gives decent spin.

edman9898
12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Hmmm. Never tried that string, but I might now!:twisted:

Tdot
12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I would advise people who like to take a good swing at the ball and have high racquet speed to stay from gamma live pro.

Tdot
12-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Though, if you are STRICTLY a serve&volley player then I could see some use in the power of gamma live pro.

edman9898
12-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Though, if you are STRICTLY a serve&volley player then I could see some use in the power of gamma live pro.

I am not, so maybe I better keep far away! :)

12-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Gamma Professional is Gamma's best mutli and is their attempt at replicating the playing characteristics of natural gut. That's why it's powerful: gut is powerful.

Tdot
12-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I have never used gut before in my life but if it plays like gamma pro that i don't think I will ever touch gut.