PDA

View Full Version : Did humans really land on the moon?

Anaconda
12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Yep, you can call me sad but i have been watching videos on youtube and articles on the internet (no links needed - you can just find them anywhere) and some things don't add up - no stars in pictures and films and no blast creator on the shuttle, plus the classic 'flag waving' image. However evidence such as moon terrain and filming of the saturn v rocket (i think) suggests then humans did land on the moon

So what do you think - real of fake

r2473
12-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Yep, you can call me sad but ...

You are sad.

sureshs
12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
It was a movie shot in Arizona, near the Grand Canyon.

Kevin T
12-04-2009, 11:02 AM
You are sad.

You forgot the 'moron' part, as well.

mary fierce
12-04-2009, 11:31 AM
No stars in pictures?? Oh. Landing on the lit side of the moon is analogous to landing on a part of the earth where there is currently light, as opposed to nighttime. Ambient and reflected (off surface) light would be sufficient to make distant "tiny" stars difficult to see. Step outside at noon and tell me how many stars you can see.

mtommer
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
I was just by the moon yesterday. There's definitely a flag there so somebody put it there. It's an American flag so I guess some American astronauts were the ones.

YULitle
12-04-2009, 12:02 PM
The "flag waving" image, huh? :lol:

Tell me, was it the one that they captured during take-off from the moon? How close was it to the lander? :D

Anaconda
12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
You forgot the 'moron' part, as well.

Actually, i believe that Americans landed on the moon, there are just a few aspects which make it look fake

VGP
12-04-2009, 12:41 PM
There was a nice episode of Mythbusters where they address your points (and much more) on viewers and skeptics that believe the moon landing was faked.....

viduka0101
12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
no, they actually landed on venus and made it all look like it was on the moon

35ft6
12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Was listening to a science podcast about the Australian scientists who helped with one of the moon landings. Never really thought about it, the fact the earth rotates, that maybe other stations would have to help out to maintain communication. If it was a fraud, they got a LOT of scientists to participate. Not just American scientists but scientists all over the planet. Nobody would have loved to publicize fraud than the Soviet Union.

Anaconda
12-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Here's a documentary on the subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5MVVtFYTSo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b309_YspwMk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1CpNoI4WGc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8qzDJwYjro&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiCKy41zZMU&feature=related

All of the parts are in order. I'm still sitting on the fence.

jaggy
12-06-2009, 07:08 AM
I voted no but didnt like the biggest hoax ever part which I think instead was the alleged shooting of JFK, never believed there was a bullet involved there.

raiden031
12-06-2009, 07:17 AM
What would be the motive for staging the moon landing?

Anaconda
12-06-2009, 07:25 AM
What would be the motive for staging the moon landing?

Perhaps saving the world from the russians.

Lionheart392
12-06-2009, 08:06 AM
It surprises me that some people think the OP is an idiot for posing this question. I'm not saying it was a hoax (I have no idea if it was or wasn't) but no one should forget just how corrupt the world is.

vanity
12-06-2009, 08:20 AM
but no one should forget just how corrupt the world is.

Huh/? America's corrupt!?

Anaconda
12-06-2009, 08:40 AM
It surprises me that some people think the OP is an idiot for posing this question. I'm not saying it was a hoax (I have no idea if it was or wasn't) but no one should forget just how corrupt the world is.

I take it as a compliment.

Although, i specified to people that i don't know what to believe - only idiots would think otherwise?

ollinger
12-06-2009, 08:53 AM
If it was a hoax, my brother was in on it. An astrophysicist and former consultant to NASA, his former department (UArizona) was contracted by NASA to do some tracking of various missions. (NASA does a fair amount of such contracting). His integrity is legenday, and he swears to me they really went to the moon. I'm accepting his account of it.

Anaconda
12-06-2009, 08:55 AM
If it was a hoax, my brother was in on it. An astrophysicist and former consultant to NASA, his former department (UArizona) was contracted by NASA to do some tracking of various missions. (NASA does a fair amount of such contracting). His integrity is legenday, and he swears to me they really went to the moon. I'm accepting his account of it.

And someone called me a moron ROFL!!!!!

El Diablo
12-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Ah, so the issue here is that the world is corrupt. And with all these thousands of corrupt people at NASA and its contractors, none of them has come forward with substantial evidence of a hoax?? So the OP is concerned that thousands of people (many of them corrupt) could keep such a secret for 40 years -- when there could be substantial financial rewards in coming forward with the real story?? Well THAT sure is credible!!!

CHOcobo
12-06-2009, 09:04 AM
i also heard everything was staged a couple years back. in also on the fence until i see pictures of the abandoned equipments.

Anaconda
12-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Ah, so the issue here is that the world is corrupt. And with all these thousands of corrupt people at NASA and its contractors, none of them has come forward with substantial evidence of a hoax?? So the OP is concerned that thousands of people (many of them corrupt) could keep such a secret for 40 years -- when there could be substantial financial rewards in coming forward with the real story?? Well THAT sure is credible!!!

My issue is the moon - not the whole world.

9 people 'died' suddenly after the mission

max
12-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Didn't they bury Elvis there?

Anaconda
12-06-2009, 09:19 AM

Na, they buried Elvis in my backyard....

Dave M
12-06-2009, 09:20 AM
My issue is the moon - not the whole world.

9 people 'died' suddenly after the mission
I wonder how many people must be involved in a mission like that and if 9 ieing is statistically speaking that unusual?
No he works in my local supemarket on the fish counter.

Lejanius
12-06-2009, 09:40 AM
obviously you haven't head, the moon itself isn't real

http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

dlk
12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Come on now people, WE LANDED ON THE MOON. But believe it or not, my mother actually believed it was fake. And seriously she believed she saw ghosts more than once. She did have some mental DXs w/paranoia as one of her most prominent symptoms.

shazbot
12-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Federer has actually not won a single grand slam. All CGI.

Check it out, youtube videos are staged.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Whats your next thread; Is the earth really round?

jim e
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Yep, you can call me sad but i have been watching videos on youtube and articles on the internet (no links needed - you can just find them anywhere) and some things don't add up - no stars in pictures and films and no blast creator on the shuttle, plus the classic 'flag waving' image. However evidence such as moon terrain and filming of the saturn v rocket (i think) suggests then humans did land on the moon

So what do you think - real of fake

That trip must have been out of this world.

Ultra2HolyGrail
12-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Of'course we went to the Moon. We even played Golf on it.

heycal
12-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Of'course we went to the Moon. We even played Golf on it.

Let's see how you feel about this issue after Oliver Stone makes a movie about it.

Kevin T
12-07-2009, 08:00 AM
The moon is actually made of swiss cheese, just like your Mom taught you. That's why we went there. Much easier/cheaper to fly to the moon and harvest the cheese vs. making it.

drakulie
12-07-2009, 08:43 AM
we have yet to send man to the furthest depth of the oceans here on **this** planet, yet we were able to send men to the moon. Hmmmmmmm.

sureshs
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
The term moonball originated in tennis when Neil Armstrong lobbed one on the moon.

fed_the_savior
12-07-2009, 05:58 PM
we have yet to send man to the furthest depth of the oceans here on **this** planet, yet we were able to send men to the moon. Hmmmmmmm.

Once you get out of the atmosphere it's just coasting there and back.

dropshot winner
12-08-2009, 03:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_deep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathyscaphe_Trieste

9 years before the moon landing.

What's true is that we still don't know much about the deep parts of the oceans. Obeserving the moon surface is actually easier once you got a spacecraft near it, with a high resolution image thousands of square miles can be observed at once, in the deep oceans the visibility is very limited.

drakulie
12-08-2009, 08:33 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_deep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathyscaphe_Trieste

9 years before the moon landing.

What's true is that we still don't know much about the deep parts of the oceans. Obeserving the moon surface is actually easier once you got a spacecraft near it, with a high resolution image thousands of square miles can be observed at once, in the deep oceans the visibility is very limited.

Did the occupants of the Trieste get out of the sub?

Like I said, we have yet to reach the depths of the ocean, yet have played golf on the moon? Hmmmmm......

Camilio Pascual
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Like I said, we have yet to reach the depths of the ocean, yet have played golf on the moon? Hmmmmm......
If you understood the physics involved in each quest I think you would not be surprised.
The reason I say this is because I do and am not surprised.
The fundamental challenge is that it is pretty much impossible to design and construct a safe "deep ocean" suit as opposed to a space suit because of the enormous pressure at the bottom of the ocean.

Rhino
12-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Can't somebody (other than the americans) do a fly-by of one of the landing sites to see if the left over stuff from the moon landings is there?
Then it could solve this question once and for all.

drakulie
12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
The fundamental challenge is that it is pretty much impossible to design and construct a safe "deep ocean" suit as opposed to a space suit because of the enormous pressure at the bottom of the ocean.

Perhaps if they spent the zillions of dollars desiging space capsules on technology to get us to the bottom of the ocean, they could design something for us to explore the planet we actually live on. There could be gold down there, you know.

heycal
12-08-2009, 01:51 PM

I have yet to visit the Grand Canyon, yet I have been to Moscow. Hmmmmmm.

Can't somebody (other than the americans) do a fly-by of one of the landing sites to see if the left over stuff from the moon landings is there?

Sure!

Talk us through how this one would go down, Rhino.:)

snoopy
12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Buzz Aldrin is gonna whoop all you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU

TennisNinja
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
IF it was fake, why didn't America's biggest competitors, Russia, deny the fact? Why don't you see the Russains constantly try to pull off that this is a hoax?

cucio
12-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Perhaps if they spent the zillions of dollars desiging space capsules on technology to get us to the bottom of the ocean, they could design something for us to explore the planet we actually live on. There could be gold down there, you know.

You know what? After watching the Transformers movie and knowing what humankind is capable of, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't explore those depths because they have used them to dispose of some of the worst garbage we have ever produced. Like Nadal's roids, for instance.

BreakPoint
12-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Actually, i believe that Americans landed on the moon, there are just a few aspects which make it look fake
You mean because you've been to the moon yourself and the scene on TV didn't look exactly like the way you remembered the moon to look when you were there? :-? :) LOL

Anaconda
12-10-2009, 12:30 AM
You mean because you've been to the moon yourself and the scene on TV didn't look exactly like the way you remembered the moon to look when you were there? :-? :) LOL

Comments like this just make you look silly.

Well, Professor can you explain there was no blast crator on the lunar lander?

dropshot winner
12-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Comments like this just make you look silly.

Well, Professor can you explain there was no blast crator on the lunar lander?

http://www.dave.co.nz/space/moon-hoax/missing-crater.html

meltphace 6
12-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Why am I not surprised to see an Apollo 11 conspiracy thread on this chat-board?

Anaconda
12-10-2009, 02:32 AM
http://www.dave.co.nz/space/moon-hoax/missing-crater.html

Thanks

10 char

some6uy008
12-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Why am I not surprised to see an Apollo 11 conspiracy thread on this chat-board?

Because you have visited Odd and Ends before and often seen other over the top ridiculous threads?

heycal
01-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Just checking in here: So what did we finally determine? Did men land on the moon or not?

Bashi
01-11-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah man, the moon landing was a hoax, elvis and tupac are living in hawaii, and bush planned 9/11

Bagumbawalla
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Getting people to the moon and taking pictures is the easy part.

Getting them back is much more difficult. This is the part I would fake- by sending up "look-alikes" (who could tell in those suits) and keeping the real astronauts in orbit til they were needed for landing.

MrCLEAN
01-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Here are the pictures from just last summer, though since the were taken by NASA (currently orbiting) Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, I doubt any of the doubters will believe them.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/07/17/apollo-landing-sites-imaged-by-lro/

To all those who doubt, look at your "sources" on the internet, FOX, or wherever, and find one that doesn't have a book or video to sell, or a tv program they're trying to get ratings for. Even FOX didn't believe the crap on their show, and put a disclaimer on it to prove it.

jswinf
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I voted no but didnt like the biggest hoax ever part which I think instead was the alleged shooting of JFK, never believed there was a bullet involved there.

You think they got him with an icicle or something?

FastFreddy
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I doubt they did because why would you go like 6 times in a few years then wait 40 years now go back 2012. Makes no sense to me.

TheJRK
01-12-2010, 01:34 PM

If I remember correctly, the Japanese were sending a satellite up (last summer?) to take pictures of the moon where the landing site was.

**EDIT**

Just checked... it was launched on 28 Nov of last year... the payload was in fact an EO satellite

heycal
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
You think they got him with an icicle or something?

I heard JFK wasn't shot, but just suffered a really bad allergy attack or something.

If I remember correctly, the Japanese were sending a satellite up (last summer?) to take pictures of the moon where the landing site was.

You think they're checking up on us?

Sentinel
01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
You know what? After watching the Transformers movie and knowing what humankind is capable of, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't explore those depths because they have used them to dispose of some of the worst garbage we have ever produced. Like Nadal's roids, for instance.

Actually, i heard that Nadal was flying a saucer to the moon when he was supposed to be injured :-D
I've seen vids of him space-walking and his knees look just fine in 0G.

Sentinel
01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Here's incontrovertible evidence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destination_Moon_%28Tintin%29) that we landed on the moon.

TheJRK
01-13-2010, 04:57 AM
You think they're checking up on us?

No... they were planning to send something up to test anyway and figured they would take pictures of the moon (including the landing site). I said satellite (which is incorrect) as it was supposed to be a probe that was going to fly by the moon on it's way to where ever the hell it is going.

Even if the images came back and showed the site though, conspiracy theorists would just say THOSE pictures were also doctored. :-|