PDA

View Full Version : EWU Tennis Crisis!!!!!!!!!

BigSkyChamp
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
The Eastern Washington Eagles who recently won the Big Sky Championships, after a 30 year hiatus of even competing in the year-end playoffs, has recently lost 4 of their top 6 players due to seniors graduating and are facing great turmoil in their upcoming season. How will they ever compete on such a grandeur scale as they did in the 2007-2008 season. Can they rise to the occasion and achieve great success as they did in the past? Can coach Haworth pull them out of the slums and lead them to their second championship title in three years? Can they destroy the Russian Roullete Army of the Sacramento State Hornets? I think they can do it led by a high flying doubles standout Kevin Anderson and Senior Rico "the dirty phillipino" Riego de Dios, and win Big Sky Championships and go the national tournament to glorify Eagles Tennis again!!!!!!! Let me know any comments or suggestions on such an important issue in division 1 college tennis.

Thank you.

ihearit1st
12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
you're playing fast and loose with the word "Crisis".

tennismom42
12-04-2009, 12:40 PM
The Eastern Washington Eagles who recently won the Big Sky Championships, after a 30 year hiatus of even competing in the year-end playoffs, has recently lost 4 of their top 6 players due to seniors graduating and are facing great turmoil in their upcoming season. How will they ever compete on such a grandeur scale as they did in the 2007-2008 season. Can they rise to the occasion and achieve great success as they did in the past? Can coach Haworth pull them out of the slums and lead them to their second championship title in three years? Can they destroy the Russian Roullete Army of the Sacramento State Hornets? I think they can do it led by a high flying doubles standout Kevin Anderson and Senior Rico "the dirty phillipino" Riego de Dios, and win Big Sky Championships and go the national tournament to glorify Eagles Tennis again!!!!!!! Let me know any comments or suggestions on such an important issue in division 1 college tennis.

Thank you.I suggest you become a sports caster.

The burden will fall upon the rising classmen & the class of 2010 recruits who signedn in November or who will sign in April.

This is not a unique problem. It happens, every year as the seniors graduate.

Not a crisis, but I am sure EW appreciates the free recruiting spotlight.

slice bh compliment
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I suggest you become a sports caster.

That's exactly what he wanted to hear.

He's got moxy...and talent, along with a mellifluous tone. I'm looking forward to hearing a voiceover tape. But the awkward use of the words, 'grandeur' and 'slums', and the funny spelling of Filipino suggest there is work to be done.

Will the EWU broadcasting/communications and English departments intervene?

Will the Cheney's most cunning linguists come up with coursework that ensures the success of their sports journalists?

Or will the Eagles scribes and boothmen languish in the cloudy doldrums of the Big Sky?

Stay tuned!

atatu
12-04-2009, 03:46 PM
For a minute I was worried another college was dropping their tennis program !

onehandbh
12-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Tragedy: When the feeling's gone and you can't go on,
It's tragedy. When the morning cries and you don't know why,
It's hard to bear. With no one to love you, you're goin' nowhere.
Tragedy: When you lose control and you got no soul,
It's tragedy. When the morning cries and you don't know why,
It's hard to bear.
With no one beside you, you're goin' nowhere.

Ken Honecker
12-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Gee maybe I should come riding to the rescue I'm only 20 miles away. I'm sure the prospect of a 52 year old hefty player with plenty of stories about his glory rec years would hearten the troops.

Daycrawler
12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
All I remember from Kevin Anderson's junior days was taking cheap shots at players while he served, as they opponent dazed off into the other court. ;)

Enlightened Coelacanth
12-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm an alum. I'll kick in five bucks or so to help out.

MC10S
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
good news is that, well, the top players can still make nationals regardless of team performance.

MC10s,
Contributor
D3tennis.com