PDA

View Full Version : Did you get your Super-Vision Implants yet?

chess9
12-04-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=17028

See like you did when you were young, or better!
Is this the wave of the future?

-Robert

dcottrill
12-04-2009, 02:43 PM
^^

Where do I sign up? :shock:

chess9
12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
^^

Where do I sign up? :shock:

Fly into Gatwick, stay at one of the nice hotels in beautiful downtown Crawley, West Sussex, play tennis at the Crawley LTC, then get your eyes done at the Gatwick Park Hospital. A done deal. And only about $20,000 for the week! ;)

-Robert

Mick
12-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Fly into Gatwick, stay at one of the nice hotels in beautiful downtown Crawley, West Sussex, play tennis at the Crawley LTC, then get your eyes done at the Gatwick Park Hospital. A done deal. And only about $20,000 for the week! ;)

-Robert

in my opinion it is worth it, if you can afford the price :)

chess9
12-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I were a bit younger. At my age, why bother?

-Robert

jswinf
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Doubt if it comes with a guarantee.

dcottrill
12-05-2009, 05:21 PM

If your posts on here are an accurate reflection of your reality, you're a pretty studly dude. What do you think your life expectancy is? What about your tennis life expectancy? Can't say for sure, but I bet you'd get your money's worth.

Bud
12-06-2009, 01:51 AM

-Robert

If your posts on here are an accurate reflection of your reality, you're a pretty studly dude. What do you think your life expectancy is? What about your tennis life expectancy? Can't say for sure, but I bet you'd get your money's worth.

Do I hear wedding bells in the distance... :oops:

Bud
12-06-2009, 01:52 AM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=17028

See like you did when you were young, or better!
Is this the wave of the future?

-Robert

I wonder if they'll consider these implants 'performance enhancing' in the sports world?

Fedace
12-06-2009, 03:15 AM

-Robert

That is a GREAT Price. It will be very useful for fighter pilots.

chess9
12-06-2009, 05:32 AM

One never knows. My younger brother thinks I'll be around for another 50 years, but he's in awful shape. The trainers at the Y think I'm going to kill myself, and are always asking me after I've done a hard treadmill run if I'm ok. ;) My response? "NEARLY". ;) Anyway, I train hard at the gym just because I still can do about 60% of what I did in my 20's. The balance of hard, but not too hard, and rest, but not too much rest is the difficult part of staying fit. Most guys my age at the gym aren't even squatting. They are using the leg press machine at 50 lbs. And maybe that's all that's necessary at our age (over 60)?

I expect to play tennis on Monday, and that's about as far as I plan, however. I take every day as a blessing.

-Robert

chess9
12-06-2009, 05:33 AM

Bud, I've got my eye on your tight pants, dude. ;) Better be careful... ;)

-Robert

Ken Honecker
12-06-2009, 05:38 AM
One never knows. My younger brother thinks I'll be around for another 50 years, but he's in awful shape. The trainers at the Y think I'm going to kill myself, and are always asking me after I've done a hard treadmill run if I'm ok. ;) My response? "NEARLY". ;) Anyway, I train hard at the gym just because I still can do about 60% of what I did in my 20's. The balance of hard, but not too hard, and rest, but not too much rest is the difficult part of staying fit. Most guys my age at the gym aren't even squatting. They are using the leg press machine at 50 lbs. And maybe that's all that's necessary at our age (over 60)?

I expect to play tennis on Monday, and that's about as far as I plan, however. I take every day as a blessing.

-Robert

As I waddle into my 50's I'm kind of wondering when I will start to lose the ability to gain strength. Sure I'm way slower than I once was and I'm afraid between belly and repeated calf injuries little spring is left in my step but I hit my all time high on the bench press last year with 10, 10, 9 at 320 lbs on my Bowflex and if I hadn't gotten off my schedule I'd expect to have added to it. Maybe next year.

chess9
12-06-2009, 05:52 AM
As I waddle into my 50's I'm kind of wondering when I will start to lose the ability to gain strength. Sure I'm way slower than I once was and I'm afraid between belly and repeated calf injuries little spring is left in my step but I hit my all time high on the bench press last year with 10, 10, 9 at 320 lbs on my Bowflex and if I hadn't gotten off my schedule I'd expect to have added to it. Maybe next year.

That's very good for your age, Ken, but you are, based on your posts, a lot stronger than most guys. You were probably strong when young?

Yes, testosterone levels drop off dramatically in the 60's. My biggest losses of strength occurred in my 60's. The incidence of ED rises sharply for guys in their 60's too. :( I haven't gotten that one yet.... I think of that golfer who is suing the PGA over their refusal to let him take steroids for his low T. Poor guy....

-Robert

chess9
12-06-2009, 05:54 AM
That is a GREAT Price. It will be very useful for fighter pilots.

Now, if we could only get a few of them to take out Gatwick Airport.... ;)

-Robert

ET Brit
12-06-2009, 06:03 AM

-Robert

I concur, not only does Robert take every day as a blessing, he gives time each day to exercise, healthy eating, rest and, above all, helping his fellow man. He is extremely fit physically and mentally, and is a fine example of humanity.

I hope he coughs up with the money, having told me what to say. LOL

Ann :)

chess9
12-06-2009, 06:18 AM
I concur, not only does Robert take every day as a blessing, he gives time each day to exercise, healthy eating, rest and, above all, helping his fellow man. He is extremely fit physically and mentally, and is a fine example of humanity.

I hope he coughs up with the money, having told me what to say. LOL

Ann :)

LOL! Hey, that was the best $.10 I ever spent!! I got my money's worth.... ;)

NB: I know Ann personally, as I have stayed with her and her husband in England off and on over the course of about 5 years. They have been very good to me and her husband, Gillies, is a French trained chef. Needless to say, the meals were to die for.

-Robert

dcottrill
12-06-2009, 09:54 AM

Nope, not even a man crush or a bromance. I just admire Robert for standing his ground in the face of Father Time.

Bud, I've got my eye on your tight pants, dude. ;) Better be careful... ;)

The incidence of ED rises sharply for guys in their 60's too. :( I haven't gotten that one yet....

Bud, sounds like YOU'RE the one who'd better not bend over to pick up that bar of soap.

dcottrill
12-06-2009, 09:59 AM
As I waddle into my 50's I'm kind of wondering when I will start to lose the ability to gain strength.

I've been wondering that too. As I get older I notice that exercise does not produce the same results it used to.

Also, I read a book recently (can't remember the name or the author) that stated that around 10% of people (of all ages) exhibit absolutely no response to exercise. Now THAT would suck. :(

chess9
12-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I've been wondering that too. As I get older I notice that exercise does not produce the same results it used to.

Also, I read a book recently (can't remember the name or the author) that stated that around 10% of people (of all ages) exhibit absolutely no response to exercise. Now THAT would suck. :(

Yes, I'd heard that they are a variation of the hardgainers. But, the question is would they benefit from really heavy lifting and hard cardio? As I recall the main study had them on a modest exercise program.

As we age, we lose intensity and duration. Most people are aware of this physiological response to aging, but don't actively pursue a strategy to minimize it.
Countless studies have shown that elite athletes, for instance, who stop running or training, end up looking like Nastase. :) Whereas, those who keep training hard lose much less. Look at Pat Rafter and Edberg, for example.

You cannot do anything about some diseases and accidents, but you can train hard and CONSISTENTLY as long as you are healthy. Plus eating right and having good emotional relationships with friends and family.

Follow these guidelines and you will be playing tennis, running, enjoying your grandkids, maybe having sex, at 80.

-Robert